You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Monday, April 18th 2011, 11:24pm

Wow! It's so busy in here!

Eliza has really kept me on my toes so I've not had chance to catch up!

Congrats Caz!! Look forward to hearing about the birth!!
(so glad u didn't have to be induced! Woo hoo!! )

All those asking about hypnobirthing I strongly recommend it - I was a hypnobirthing mum and had a homebirth (first baby)
Hubby nearly delivered Eliza - homebirth team didn't turn up so my husband and I coped on our own with only our hypnobirthing techniques, 2 paracetamol and a hot bath, when team arrived I was fully dilated. 20 mins after their arrival Eliza was born, a very happy & content baby xx xx

Iv been filmed for a documentary and for those that live in Hertfordshire I'm in the trend magazine within a hypnobirthing article - free from supermarket - pics of me and my teacher. I'm considering teaching hypnobirthing myself.

I know it's pricy but I loved my birth and brought ms and hubby even closer together - he was a fab birth partner!!

Anymore info feel free to private msg me - sorry for delay in getting pic of Eliza Juliet up! So busy with her!
Promise to catch up on individual stories soon!

Xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 10:52am

Hi phillipa! Hope you and bump are well :)

Congrats Caz! And welcome to baby James. Isn't it mad to think that James and Logan were embie twins but James was a snow baby for while, so arrived later. My DH's swimmers were on ice for a few years so now he says, technically, our LO should be in primary school!

Lottie - how is time progressing for you?

Mrs Harper - ooh, you're selling it to me, I wonder if I've got enough time (am 33 weeks now) to get some classes. Its just fab that you and DH got to spend so much time together.

Does anyone know when...and if...you get to discuss a birth plan with your midwife? I know I need to be flexible with it, but I'm getting the impression
that maternity services where I am treat us like patients on a big conveyor belt. OK, technically, we are but I barely get chance to talk about anything
at my midwife appointments. I'm straight in and out after a blood pressure check, a listen for the heartbeat and a bump measurement. I suppose I should
just pull out my list of questions and start asking away, and refuse to move til I've got some answers.

Anyhow, have a lovely day y'all and enjoy the sun (if you've got some)
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 12:53pm

Thank you Chillimint, we're good thanks.

I think it's around 36 weeks but there is no harm in writing it now and taking it along to your next appointment. Because I had a pretty traumatic time with DD2 I've had a few chats and discussed the options at my booking in appointment, at 20 weeks it was pretty clear that I was heading down the c-section route unless when I arrive at hospital it's too late. I must say that I feel the antenatal care I've received has been fab and listened to every step of the way.

Went pram shopping yesterday and have ordered a baby jogger twin and also a mamas and papas sola in flora (can't you tell I'm having a girl!) for when we only need a single. Also bought wallpaper and paint for the baby's room and some bedding. Don't need masses as still got everything from before so that's me pretty much done.

32 week scan in a couple of weeks which will be good although I'm in no doubt baby is fine as kicking/ moving all the time.
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:09pm

Congrat Caz, that is wonderful news, looking forward to hearing how it all went xxx

I had a scan and one baby is just under 4lb and the other is 4 and a half lb. One just under average one just above average. I am getting scared now. I have a hospital tour on 27th April, a scan on 28th and final scan on 13th May along with a pre-op assessment. Then the section is currently arranged for 19th May.

So so so nervous now x I had what either is a little bit of a show or a bit of discharge (TMI sorry) today. And my perenium and bottom feels like it is being pushed inside out lol. So tired today after a short trip to babies r us. I am so shattered tonight.

I wonder if the babies will come early????

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:24pm

Caz, congratulations! That's fantastic news. So exciting. I hope everything is going smoothly.

Ooh, lady luck, sounds as though you're not far off. Wow. 8.5 pounds of baby inside you already. You must be loving this hot weather - not!

3d/4d scan tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the hypnobirthing info Mrs harper. Hmm. Had just about decided against it. Friend said she did 4 x 70 pound sessions and found it useless. Said you had to have been practising for years for it to be effective. But your birth sounds perfect. Think I might try a book and see how that goes.

Harry
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 10:30pm

caz - congratulations!! so excited for you xxx

Take care lovelies x

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 10:53am

Just a quickie to say if any of you still have big purchases to be made, if you buy on Boots.com there is a discount code for 15% off plus 3 for 2 across all baby plus obviously your advantage card points and we went through a cashback site too! So...spent £330, saved £20ish on the 3 for 2, then saved another £45ish on the 15% off, got £33 back in points and £28 through the cashback site so roughly we paid £200 for over £300 worth of stuff...BARGAIN!!
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 11:27am

Congratulations Caz!
Well my first hypnobirthing session was ok, but as my DD was present and kept interrupting we didn't get to cover the relaxation and breathing techniques properly, so she is off to a friends this afternoon and I have a 3 hour session. There is a lot of self directed work involved and to be honest I'm just not getting the time to do it. Its really expensive so I need to try harder! I'm still open to having an epidural again if I'm not coping, but hope the hypno birthing technique will allow me to at least stay at home longer this time. Mrs Harper, I'm in awe of you, I'm just being realistic though as last time my DD was OP and I was screaming for an epidural at only 3 cms dilated. I have at least been practicising my calm breathing when I can ( mostly at 4am when tiddler attempting to do a riverdance on my innards!) I think I'll probably PM you a bit nearer the time if thats ok to pick your brains a bit!

Harry I have a spare copy of the CD at home if you want it and maybe you could get the book from ebay or somewhere? The book is Hypnobirthing, by Marie Mongan. PM me if you want me to post it to you. then you could decide if you want to find a practitioner near you?

Phillipa I bought my baby jogger city select from boots too and got about £40 of points back, it was the same price as everywhere else too. I've been using it in single mode just now with DD and love it, I just wish it had been around when my DD was born as it does everything apart from make a nice cup of tea!

AFM 31 weeks, feel like time is slipping through my fingers, still have so much to do in house, my mum and her husband are arriving for a fortnight tomorrow ( carnage will ensue ) she doesnt do nappies etc as doesn't like the smell....... then my husband is off to a music festival for the weekend when they leave.... looking forward to my scan which is at 33 wks, not 32 as I thought.
Hope everyone is ok, ladyluck you sound uncomfortable!

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Feefo

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: not yet but i will do sooner than later

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 3:17pm

A big congrats to caz and her new arrival xx Glad your body decided to go in to labour on its own.

Scoffs any news ??

good luck to all the ladies that have their scans approaching so exciting.

AFM just waiting, walking and eating half a pineapple daily, i just hope my body goes in to labour on its own i do not want to be induced but will as a last resort. Getting grumpy now as everything ready and its just dragging in the last couple of weeks

Take care all speak soon

fee

xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 10:12am

Feefo - Fingers crossed your little one decides to make an appearance soon x

Suki - Hope the scan goes well, I dont have one until 36 weeks :(

Philippa - Sounds like you got some real bargins. I'm pretty much done now, bought the cot and all the bed linen, moses basket, bouncer, pram, car seat, etc. Think all I want to get is a gym ball for me and a activity mat for baby x

AFM - 32wks 6days now and am ready to give up work (only 3 days to go!). My ankles are huge, whatever I do, think its cos of the heat now!! and my carpal tunnel is getting worse so cant wait to have a break so that i can relax and be able to put my feet up during the day.
Work did a baby shower for me and a colleague of mine yesterday and it was lovely, lots of games and presents. Was really nice.

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 6:05pm

I was just wondering..... has anyone had to attend a wedding while being very pregnant? If so, what did you wear?? I'm stuck!
We have a wedding to go to on 15th May and I want to feel nice and comfortable and need to cover my swollen ankles. Any suggestions, options, pics?? Anything much appreciated xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 10:27pm

Hi Shelley,

What about a maxi dress? There are some nice ones on the asos website for 30 to 40 pounds (and a few more at more than that if you're feeling flush!)
Harry x

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 9:40pm

Hi Everyone,

Well I finally have a few minutes to myself so thought I'd catch up. James is a real peach and the absolute image of Thomas. We're over the moon and totally in love with him of course.

Labour was good, (!!??!). My waters broke on Sunday night so because of the GD I had to go in even though labour hadn't actually started yet. The delivery suite was totally empty so they let me stay there with DH rather than put me on the ward and send him home. As my last delivery was so quick they said they'd let him stay so he didn't miss it when things did kick off which was brill as when they did it was only 1hr 21mins till James arrived. Can't say it didn't smart a bit but I was determined to deliver without pain relief again (am sure it helped the speed of it all) and all went according to plan.

James' blood sugars were a bit low to start but I think the understanding of GD has come on a lot even in 2 years as rather than automatically tube him and feed him formula like they did with Thomas he was monitored closely, I was given support to hand express syringes of colostrum and basically sat skin to skin for 24 hours, all of which had the desired effect and we came home on Tuesday morning.

We're doing well. Thomas has adjusted brilliantly to the new arrival (touch wood) and we're all very smiley indeed.

Hope everyone else is well. I can't wait to hear more baby news.
Caz
xx
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Caz

Ace

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 9:41pm

Oh - almost forgot to upload a piccy.
Caz has attached the following files:
  • 2hours Old.jpg (59.69 kB - 6 times downloaded - latest: May 4th 2011, 11:28am)
  • Sleeping Day1.jpg (54.25 kB - 5 times downloaded - latest: May 4th 2011, 11:28am)

Feefo

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 7:56pm

Congrats Caz baby James is gorge!!!!

I am now officially fed up i know i still have 9 days until due date but trying everything so i will go in to labour early (very wishful thinking)!! Im taking it all you ladies were the same??? Feet now very swollen and can hardly walk, i have been having these dropping sensations which are uncomfy but only last seconds, think that may be baby getting ready?? or maybe on a nerve?

anyways hope all you other ladies are well and still awaiting to hear from scoffs think she may have had baby fingers crossed.

speak to you all soon

Fee

xx

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 10:40am

aww caz, baby james is beautiful xx congratulations
Fee, sorry ur feeling uncomfortable, hope ur LO arrives soon x fingers crossed x

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 11:22am

Caz - your little boy is just lovely! Good to hear you describe labour as "good", and I hope to be as determined as you in sticking to some of my birthing preferences.

Feefo - was the hot sunny weekend bearable for you? I wonder if you're next?

Shelley - how's the clothes shopping going?

Phillipa - thanks for the heads up on Boots discounts. That's some bloomin good savings there!

Harry - how did your 3D/4D scan go?

LadyLuck - And you've got a couple of scans this week too, I hope they go OK. You're carrying the weight of a full term baby at 33 weeks...hope you're feeling OK.

Can I have a little bit of a rant? People ask me about whether I'm going to breastfeed or formula feed (not that I see its anybody else's business if they're not a Dr, midwife, HV or person who will be giving me some guidance with it - but that's not my point). And then 9 times out of 10, they'll respond "don't be too dissappointed if it doesn't work though". Now, is it me or does this really sound like setting someone up to fail? Sorry to be a grump. Maybe I'm just cranky because I need to eat.

suki

Ace

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 9:08pm

Chillimint,
ignore them! I found that all the people who were negative to me about BF-ing had either not tried it or had given up early on. yes its hard work to begin with, but its so worthwhile if you can persevere. Okay its not for everybody and its a personal choice, but I would never put down someone for using formula, so why do folk feel the need to come down on mums who do BF? When I had my DD a couple of my friends had babies at the same time, I BF, my mate actually BF but topped up her huge hungry boy on formula too and my other mate went straight to formula. We all just thought what we were doing was normal for us. Its whatever works best for you. My stepmum today was asking if i was going to BF again and wouldn't I think about using formula too as I wouldn't be so tied to the baby..... :faint: !!! Don't be put off, give it a go and if it doesn't work out, don't beat yourself up about it. Ok thats MY rant over!

Caz, James is just beautiful.

Anyone else really struggling to sleep? I cannot get comfortable and the pain from the heartburn is waking me up all the time, looks like I'll be breaking out my omeprazole prescription tomorrow. My old back problem has resurfaced and I'm now having sacro-iliac joint pain and spasms too ..... sorry to be a moan. I've been struggling with my hypnobirthing relaxation too, I just can't seem to relax at all. grrrrrrrrr

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 12:02am

Sorry to drop in, but Caz huge congratulations, he looks absolutely perfect. Well done for not using any pain relief, that is also my ideal but we shall see how I feel once I'm in that situation hey!!
Ladies when are you officially in 3rd trimester? i read in my book it is at 26 weeks (which seems sensible as its a third of the way through) but I think someone told me it was at 28 weeks? Anyway, I can't wait to join you guys soon whether it be in 2 weeks or 4.
I'll keep an eye on you all to see if there are any further births.
xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 5:54pm

:congrats: Gorgeous Caz, well done

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 10:37pm

Thanks Suki. I'm in a better mood today. Funny...I'd usually find it easy to ignore stuff but I'm having rather dizzying mood swings. And yes, you rant if you blimmin well wanna too! You're coping with constant, nagging pain and lack of sleep...I'm not surprised that you're tense.

Adreamz - I'm really not too sure about the dates. I just took my cues from the stuff on the main FZ headings and links, which said the third tri is week 29 onwards. But you land wherever you feel most comfy though...I still potter around in the 2nd coz its nice and chatty there!

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 8:18am

Congratulations Caz, so pleased for you, well done you no pain relief I am impressed cant say I'll be the same!! lol xx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

United Kingdom

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 7:59pm

Hello! Wow, so quiet on here! Hope everyone has had a good relaxing weekend.

Don't know where everyone else is work-wise but I really can't face heading back into work tomorrow! 5 weeks to go I think before I finish for mat leave - should probably work a bit longer to have more on the end but am pooped and really can't get motivated to stay much longer. Job is quite full on and have quite a commute but last week I tried early starts (leave the house at 6am!) and earlier finishes (get home around 6.30/7) and it seemed better. But that was only a 3 day week! Help help help when we're back to 5 day weeks!

Had a weekend sorting lots of things out and spending (or looking at spending) lots of money! New (well, used) car to replace the little one we have which means we can now sort the car seat too, ordered the buggy and started to look at a new kitchen! Ouchie! But nice to have had the time to actually get things done.

Ok, 8pm and could go to bed already! Any tips for energy from other third-trimesterers?! ;)

Harry x

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 8:06pm

Hello ladies :hi:

I have finally made the third trimester happydance so just popping in to introduce myself. I will hopefully get to know all you all soon but I have had a quick read of the latest posts and recognise a few names.

Just a bit of background on me - we're having a little boy who we will be naming Nathan, EDD 24th July. I have recently found out I have developed gestational diabetes so monitoring my blood glucose 3 times a day.

Caz - congrats on the birth of James, he's lovely. I note you mention GD. Did you have it? I'm trying to control it through diet so have banished all high sugar food. It's not so bad even though I did like to have a chocolate bar most days.

I suspect this trimester will feel slower than the others because we're all dying to meet our LO's and counting down the days now. I'm on countdown to maternity leave, which will be 6 weeks on Friday!! I'm using 3 and a bit weeks holiday before I start maternity leave mind. I'm hoping I will have some time to chill at home, buy the last bits and bobs for the baby and enjoy the sunshine before my little boy arrives.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope you all had a nice bank holiday weekend.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Caz

Ace

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 8:13pm

Hey Hoping, congrats on 3rd tri - I just left you a note about GD on 2nd tri page, we must have crossed over posting. I did have GD (twice), so feel free to ask anything you like if you have questions.

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 9:24pm

Hi ladies

I made it to 3rd tri last monday so thought it was about time i said hello :hello:

I'm 29 weeks today and expecting a little girl. My EDD is 18th July but with all the symptoms i've had thrown at me i find it hard to imagine i'll manage another 11 weeks..lol. Really glad to be in the 3rd tri though, its only been the past 5 weeks i've been able to relax and enjoy pregnancy - i could never really believe how lucky we are but i'm starting to relax now.

I recognise a few names from 2nd tri and hopefully will get to know u all better soon.

caz - your baby is so beautiful, hope your ds is enjoying been a big brother.

hoping - hiya hun, glad ur in here now too :thumbsup:

harry - i've just been looking through the gallery and spotted your 28 weeks bump pic - how very lovely it is :thumbsup:

I've just put some 4D scan pics in the gallery myself from my scan last week if anyone wants a peep.

Hope u've all had a nice bank holiday.

back to work tomorrow. i have a mw apt in the morning and a scan at hospital on thursday so lots to look forward to this week.

xxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 2nd 2011, 9:25pm)

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 2:46pm

It has gone a bit quiet in here, hasn't it?

Hi Booboo and Hoping77, welcome to the 3rd tri!

Harry - those sound like looooong work days, 5 weeks and counting til your maternity leave eh? You asked about energy ... well, I was gonna say that I've managed to fit in the occassional hours snooze or two on a weekend afternoon, which has been just the job. And I'm making more simple meals, so I don't have to spend as long stood up in the kitchen - but that's more to take the pressure off my swollen feet and legs.

Hoping77 - and you're on countdown to maternity leave too. Don't know about you, but on one hand, I'd like time to speed up as I just want LO to arrive safe and sound, then on the other, I've got jobs to get finished before LO arrives!

Booboo - nice to hear that you're feeling a little more relaxed now. I know what you mean about it taking a while to sink in. Your 4D scan pics are just fab!

Someone parked rather close to my car door today so I had to climb in from the passenger side. It was rather ungraceful and was accompanied by a big "OOOF!" and a minute to get my breath back.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 4:37pm

hi guys xx

welcome booboo and hoping x

just had a peek at ur 4d pics booboo, gorgeous xx hope this week doesnt drag, at least its only 4 days x

harry, i went down to 3 day weeks for about a month before leaving and it was great, allot more energy having naps in the day if i wanted to xx

Caz - what a gorgeous pic xxx

Chilli - how u doing?

afm - I'm trying to get mine and LO's bag packed, lots of washing and ironing to do!! Feeling very big and getting quite a bit of back pain now. i've had an appointment today and LO's moved to the right position (head down) but can move back again!! am really looking forward to meeting out little man and seeing his face and features.... getting impatient!!!

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 8:40am

Thanks Caz. Yeah cereal does seem to make me have higher readings. Peanut butter on granary toast isn't too bad and porridge so will stick with them unless they creep up. Like you say it should stop me putting on a load of weight in the final trimester as I probably would've continued eating lots of chocs and sweet stuff. Love your profile pic xx

Booboo - we've been side by side on our pregnancy journey, wouldn't surprise me if we give birth on the same day lol smile2 Love your 4d pics, she's beautiful. Good luck for your scan tomorrow. I had one last week to check growth and all is OK up to now. I have another scan on 31 May, then another on 28 June xx

Chillimint - :teehee: I can visualise you trying to climb over the car seat with your bump. I parked too close to a wall yesterday and it was a struggle to get out. I find I am getting out of breath more and more. Walking up the stairs and I'm literally panting! xx

Shelley - glad to hear your LO is in the right position. I guess that means he's ready to make his entrance into the world. Are you nervous? I think as my due date gets nearer I will become a bit more worried about giving birth. Have you finished for maternity leave now? I recall you having a ticker countdown xx

Hi to everyone else :hi:

AFM - I was at the hospital yesterday to see various doctors / nurses re my GD. They seem to think I can manage it through diet and the dietician said my food diary is good and I shouldn't have to make many changes. I had the usual midwife check up too - BP, heartbeat and urine. Unfortunately my urine showed signs of protein in it so it's been sent off for tests to see if it's an infection. They said it could also be contamination. Does that mean the pot I peed in may not have been super clean? They have a box in the loos of little plastic jugs and tubes to put the wee in. They aren't individually wrapped so I guess lots of women have put their hands in to grab one so surely that isn't clean? Not that I'm saying the pregnant ladies are dirty but you know what I mean.

I'm seeing my community midwife this morning as need to let her know I am now back to being cared for at the hospital so won't need to see her again. Though I am going to take another wee sample and ask her to check it to see if she gets the same reading. Am I just clutching at straws LOL? I don't have any signs of a bladder infection though my bladder is getting weaker and weaker. I must admit I have not been doing any pelvic floor exercises. Has anyone else done these? If so how often?

This pregnancy was going really well but the past couple of weeks have been a bit of a blow. I just hope everything is OK. On a positive note my little boy is constantly wriggling, he is active more than he sleeps. I hope that doesn't mean he won't sleep when he's here though LOL!

Bye for now

suki

Ace

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:36am

Hi Hoping, the urinalysis dipstix aren't sensitive enough to pick up bugs from the environment, they can pick up protein, blood and lots of other things like leucocytes which indicate infection, but not the actual bugs present. You can actually pick up lots of indications of someones general health just from a humble sample of wee!
The only way to get a proper 'clean' urine sample ( a mid stream sample of urine or MSSU ) is to get a woman to wash, pee, then stop, then pee into a sterile bowl. So I'm afraid the contamination is more likely to be you and thats just normal I'm afraid because of a womans anatomy ( aren't we the lucky ones!) . The sample they sent off will be tested for the presence of bugs and if there are any. the antibiotic that they are most sensitive to. Obviously proteinuria in pregnancy can indicate other things too, so its really important to rule out infection primarily. They can still test a sample for bugs etc that has just been peed into a non-sterile container, you just let the lab know what type of sample has been taken, which I'm sure is what they have done with you. I spent 20 years as a nurse in A&E, thats a lot of wee......... I'm sure your midwife will be happy to re dip your urine for you and it might set your mind at rest, but try not to worry if its still got protein in it, better that they know and investigate properly.

I had traces of blood in my urine all the way through my last pregnancy but no infection and they eventually decided my kidneys were'nt filtering the blood as well as usual and cells were escaping! But it disapeared as soon as DD was born and its not happened this time around. Wierd!

Shelley I haven't packed my bag yet but I've got everything now, just like last time it seems like a lot! I went and bought some cute unisex babygrows from next yesterday, just so that tiddler has a bit of colour rather than all while babygros, I guess you'll be all colour co-ordinated! I used Bells list last time and the most useful things even after the birth , I found were, the magicool spray ( or boots do one) as I even used it in the ward during the nights as it was roasting even in Jan, lipbalm and ear plugs as they took DD away for a couple of hours the first night as she didn't want to feed, or sleep, just grumble. I shoved those earplugs in and crashed for about 3 hours blissfull sleep on a noisy ward! How is the CTS? did you get any relief from the splint at all? At least you know it will definately go soon!

AFM, I had a scan yesterday and all the measurements seem normal and the consultant said she would give me a rough estimate about birthweight but she then said that she just 'had a feeling' about the amount of amniotic fluid that was present so I'm being re-scanned in 2 weeks to make sure its not reduced further as apparently it can mean the placenta has stopped working as it should.... I was a bit taken aback and forgot to ask what would happen if thats the case. I mean I know it has huge implications for the baby's needs, development and growth, but what do they actually do about it???? DH wasn't with me as I just thought it was going to be a routine growth scan, everything fine and out in 5 mins . the consultant was laughing at one point as each time she pressed down to get a measurement, tiddler was kicking ferociously. Also on a positive note I think I have sold my quinny speedi! hurrah! its pretty immaculate with the carry cot and everything, but can't take a buggy board so no use for tiddler and DD together. It means I've got £120 to splash on baby stuff when tiddler hopefully arrives safely.

Anyways, hope everyone else is doing ok? Enjoying the sunshine?
Suki x

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 10:12am

Thanks Suki for the info. I have just got back from seeing the community midwife and she tested my urine and said it was fine, no trace of protein at all. Hopefully that means the tests the hospital do show that it's actually OK. Bizarre how one day it showed it and the next it didn't. I feel better anyway and she was really reassuring and checked my uterus and the heartbeat again and said all was perfect for 28 weeks.

So mixed emotions from your scan yesterday? If they scan you in 2 weeks and you have less fluid would that mean they deliver the baby early? I have everything crossed that all will be OK for you. It's comforting when our LO's are kicking and moving about lots.

Re hospital bags - what are you taking? I've seen lists in magazines but what is everyone on here taking? A few weeks yet before I start packing mine but I'd like to start buying the stuff ready.

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:02am

Morning lovelies

still can't believe i'm writing in 3rd tri...heehee. Infact all this talk of hospital bags is making me think i should get a move on and go shopping for all my bits i've not yet thought about. I've bought all furniture for the nursery and ordered the buggy and car seat ect but i do need a shop for the little bits and bats that baby's need. i have a list so i'll see how i get on.

chillmint - i have the same prob as you did getting out of the car...lol. i have a shared drive with the neighbours and if they park too close to our half then it can be a bit of a squeeze.. don't know what i'll do when i get bigger...lol. i bet u looked very graceful all preggars climbing over the passenger seat :snigger: xxx

shelly - great news your baby is in position. i wouldn't worry about him moving as surely that doesn't happen often.... my buba was breech at our 27 weeks 4D scan but there's plenty of time for her to move yet. How's the CPS?? I have that too and have splints in both arms on a night. i find they help, do you? i used to wake up in pain and although the splints haven't taken away the numbness at least i'm not in pain anymore. can't belive u have your hosp bag packed..... seems like 2 mins ago u were in 2nd tri!! time flys......... xxx

Hoping - yep ,only 6 days in it for us....wonder who gets there bundle first. knowing my luck i'll have a lazy bubs...lol. glad you got the mw to check your pee and all is ok. sounds like the hosp will come back with the ok then too. About the maternity pillows u mentioned on fb.... mines like a really long one (its about 5ft) but i think it would fit in a single bed. my mum bought me it so i dont know how much it cost but i don't think it was too expensive and for a good nights sleep its worth it....although i do still manage to wake up on my back!!! xxx

Suki - good news your baby is mesuring fine. if your amnitoic fluid is low and they had to induce you early then at 35 weeks that would be absoloutely fine. I'm sure its just a precautionary measure though to cover there backs as the nurse only said 'she had a feeling'. Sounds like your all organised anyway hun. xxx

AFM - well i find i'm actually waddling about now - not very graceful at all..lol. I weighed myself last week and i've put on 2 stone already so thats probably why...lol. For the past month or so though its just my bump thats growing rather than everything else..lol. i actually had a mw apt yesterday and my bump measured 29cm so for 29 weeks that perfect. i was pleased cos i was measuring 4 weeks ahead before :faint: . i have a growth scan tomorrow, looking forward to it although i'm sure it'll only last a few seconds...

Hope everyone is ok and those of you on mat leave are enjoying our spring sunshine :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 4th 2011, 11:03am)

Feefo

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:31am

Morning Ladies

Well just to let you all know , i had a baby girl bab21 bab21 born on 28th April weighing 7lb 1oz and i called her Freya, Labour was not to bad 23 hours but all worth it for my beautiful princess xx

hope all you other ladies are well xx

fee

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 4:47pm

Feefo - congratulations on the arrival of baby Freya!

Booboo - sounds like LO had an early growth spurt! Hope you manage to get a few more seconds at the growth scan tomorrow. Will they give you a picture?

Suki - I'm sorry, I don't know anything at all about amniotic fluid levels. I'm not surprised that you were taken aback, especially seeing as you were on your own. Is it worth a call to the clinic to ask them the question "what would they actually do about it?".

Shelley - hi! I know what you mean about feeling impatient! You're far more organised than I am though...gawd, I hate ironing. Are you managing to sleep any better hun?

Hoping - you asked pelvic floor exercises. Well, I used to do them at Pilates classes I went to but I went through a really busy spell at work, missed a couple of classes and never went back. So, I've not done any for ...erm...a bit long. Whaddaya reckon we start doing a Bridget Jones style record of how many episodes of pelvic floor squeezes we've all done each day here in the chat?!

AFM - DH and I are going to an antenatal class at the local hospital tonight. I checked that he could come beforehand, just in case. He'd be soooo disappointed if he was turned away at the door, I think he's more excited than me. He's not read anything about it (he's more of a "let's deal with it when it happens" kinda guy) so I'm wondering whether he's going to get any surprises tonight...I'll keep you all posted :)

Have a lovely evening everyone

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 8:29pm

Feefo - thats amazing xxx congratulations xx

Hoping - I am on Mat leave now, couldnt come soon enough. My knees have now started to really really hurt so am glad for the rest (even though ive been really busy this week!)
I dont feel nervous about the birth, I just keep getting nervous about him coming out healthy as its what we all want and have no control over. Am looking forward to becoming a mummy, cant happen soon enough xx I have a MW appointment next week then a scan the week after for growth.

Booboo - I still have the CTS but its not too bad, i've got used to it now. I have a splint but dont really use it as its a bit too small and just feels uncomfortable.
I weighed myself the other day and nearly fell over!! Before we started on our ICSI journey i was around 10 stone and I was nearly 14 stone on Monday!! I have no idea where all that weight has gone as i havent blown up all over and everyone keeps commenting on the fact that my bump is all out in front but I suppose i do have allot of fluid retention.... :faint:

Chilli - Yea slept really well last night which was a first in a long time. I went from 1am till about 5ish which was brilliant! Usually i'm up every 2-3 hours so was very happy this morning. plus every time I woke up, i felt LO move around so drifted straight back off again - lovely!! :)

Suki - I commented in your other thread - hope your friend managed to put your mind at rest xx

AFM - I went out shopping with my mum today and after about 20 mins my ankles were huge ;( We were on the look out for something for me to wear for a wedding next weekend and found something!!! : D I managed to get a pair of white linen trousers and lovely top from DP (top was on sale for £7 - bargin!) Just got to get a fascinator and nice pair of flip flops then i'm all sorted. I felt absolutely shattered when i got home, back hurting, belly pulling so laid on the sofa and had a nap which was brill. I'm picking up my new specs tomorrow and then hoping to find somewhere to get a pedicure done then Friday i'm off for my bump pic which im looking forward to :) Should be fun, hopefully. LO is very VERY wriggly tonight, can see his heartbeat through my belly every so often now - bless him x

Hope everyone's having a good evening xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 8:28am

Shelley - I have a wedding next weekend too. I bought a black maternity dress from Asos as it's actually a black tie evening reception. I'll dress it up with colour accessories. Doubt I'll be able to wear my usual high heels though, not worn any for ages, so may look for some kitten heels, How can you see your LO's heartbeat through your belly? That's amazing. I see when mine has hiccups as think he had them last night as on the right side there was regular jerks for about 10 minutes. He's kicking me harder now, which I love. He's not got the ribs yet tho LOL, which I've been told can be uncomfortable xx

Chillimint - I don't even know if I do pelvic floor exercises properly. I clench down there but not sure if I am working the right muscles. How long do we have to do them for a day? How did your antenatal class go? What did they talk about? I've got one at the end of this month xx

Fee - we haven't spoken but just wanted to say congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. Is this your first? 23 hours sounds like a long time. Did you have any pain relief? I'm starting to think more about labour as it gets nearer. Like you Shelley my main worry is that my LO will be OK but I am dreading the pain LOL! xx

Booboo - Hope your scan goes OK. Glad to hear you're back on track with her measurements. I reckon I've put on about 2 stone now though not weighed myself for a week. I'm wondering if my weight will start to steady a bit due to the diet I am on of hardly any sugar :mmmmmm . xx

Well I've been having backache a lot lately, especially at night and today I have called in sick. My hips ache so much in the night and this morning I just felt so uncomfortable that I thought stuff it I'm staying at home as I've had a rubbish nights sleep. I will go for a little walk later just to get some exercise as I'm sure lying down all day won't help it.

Hope everyone else is well.

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 2:26pm

Hello ladies...

Just been for scan at hospital today and all was perfect with bubs... :thumbsup: It was a bit of a palava at first cos instead of going to the normal scanning ward we should have been at the fetal assesment unit and we were not told this. so it was past my apt time when they realised this and they were going to make me sit and wait for an unknown time (with a full bladder!! :pinch: ) or come back tomorrow. anyway a nice lady fit us in straight away so that was good. she was really nice too and went through the scan explaining everything and been all chatty....much nicer than previous NHS sonographers. Buba is now weighing 3lb3oz and thats on the big side of average...and her little tum was measuring just over average too so she has a chubby tum :snigger: ..bless her!! all was perfect though so no more scans for me. its great everything is perfect and i don't have to go back but now i won't see her until she's here now.....how will i cope 10 weeks without a scan!! we were given some pictures to put with our other collection bu tbh the quality is really bad, they are nice keep sakes though.

feefo - Huge congrats on your little girl hun. very pretty name too. i'm sure you'll be enjoying motherhood right now.....eeeek i can't wait for it!!! xx

chillmint- hope your antenatal class went well hun and hubby wasn't in for too much of a shock. i've been trying to get my hub to read the labour section in a book i have but he hasn't yet...hope we make it to the hosp in time and i don;t have to give birth on the kitchen floor or anything otherwise hubby wouldn;t know what to do...lol.xx

shelly - good you found a wedding outfit. its so hard finding something sometimes isn't it. i have a wedding next month but only a night doo so i'm just going with a maxi dress (hide the kankles :snigger: ). i suffer with swollen ankles already so i'm sure i'll be the same with mine when i'm the same stage as you. they have gone down a bit though sinse its not been so warm. your bump pics sound good. did u ever see bravegirls?? are they the same? how much are they if u don;t mind me asking? i might look into getting some done myself. xx

Hoping - hope your back starts to feel better hun. glad you rung in sick though and didn't just plod on after no sleep. its annoying getting back and hip ache cos there's not alot we can do about it really is there. are u going to try a maternity pillow. i love mine, its huge and so cosy xx

is anyone else getting bleeding gums? i keep waking up and my gums have bled in the night. its totally gross - urggh!! just another pregancy symptom though ..lol.

like u guys i've been thinking about labour recently.... i also think my biggest worry will be just that buba is ok and she gets out safely. i'm trying not to think about the pain thing though yet cos i know i'll freak out if i do...lol. though my mum decided to ring me up last night and tell me a birth horror story about someone she knows..... hmm thanks mum :S ...sometimes people don't realise do they.....

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 3:29pm

Booboo - I get bleeding gums hun. I was chatting to a colleague yesterday morning and she said your mouth is bleeding. I was like oh yeah don't worry it's my bleeding gums LOL! They just randomly bleed every other day or so.

One thing I constantly have is a bloody nose. I haven't had a nosebleed for several weeks but when I blow my nose there is blood. It's worse during the night and I wake up all bunged up. It clears though in the day, then returns at night. Wonder if it's because I am lay down?!

Well I've just spent the day chilling on the sofa catching up on Sky Plus. My back doesn't ache as much now but no doubt when I go to bed it'll start again. I doubt I will go in tomorrow.

Has anyone looked at changing bags? I was going to buy one that matches my pram but it's a bit plain and boring in black and dark denim. My pram has different colour stripes inside the hood so I thought I would get a nicer brighter one that matches one of the colours on the stripes, say red, green or pale blue. Can any of you recommend any? One that has different compartments and maybe comes with a changing mat.

I've received lots of baby clothes lately from friends and family. One friend of my mums made up a little hamper filled with cute little outfits etc. I was so overwhelmed as I hardly see this lady. The socks she got are so tiny and cute and the little hats for his head, plus some super soft fleecy blankets.

I was nosying at moses baskets yesterday as my DH mum wants to buy us something. I really like the Ladybird Treasure Forever one. As it'll be in my bedroom I want a neutral colour.

DH made a start on the nursery at weekend, he stripped one wall LOL! Only another 3 to go plus he needs to knock out a built in wardrobe that we have, which is very ugly. It will mean we have two alcoves then and we'll buy new wardrobes to go in each one. We're getting there slowly but surely. The nursery is the last room in the house to do and then my house will be perfect, well until I decide we need to redecorate the living room LOL!

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 4:07pm

Hi all - just reporting back on the antenatal class. There were about 26 people there - rather crammed in!
Last nights session was run by a midwife who worked on labour and postnatal ward and covered the last few weeks of pregnancy, the stages of labour and when to go into the hospital. To be honest, there was a lot that I already knew (after spending hours on FZ!) but it was good to hear about what I could expect in that particular hospital...y'know, what labour facilities and equipment they have, car parking, medication policies. She also talked about what they were doing when they carried out vaginal examinations (or a VE - I love a bit of terminology!) in labour and how, as well as checking for cervix dilation, they were able to tell
which way round the baby is by feeling particular points on its scalp. Call me odd but I thought it was quite nice to know what was going on when I've got someone rooting around up there!

Because of the size of the room and the number of people in there, there won't be any practising of breathing techniques in class but we've got a handout, been given a demonstration so can practice on our own.

Ooh, one more thing...she talked about maternity pads and how its better to wear the bulky maternity pads after labour instead of super absorbent night time pads with the lock-away cores. Apparently, the lock-away cores make it difficult to assess blood loss, because they can absorb so much. That info is coming from a midwife with a bias on assessment, rather than the point of view of someone who wants more comfy, discrete sanitary wear though.

Hoping - Pelvic floor muscles are sort of sling shaped and run from from bladder to bottom. My Pilates instructor used to say "squeeeeeze like a sponge!". As for the number of them a day...ooh, really not sure about that. I'm trying to get in 3 sets of 10 a day, but I've made that up, not based it on anything I've been told or read. I get the bloody nose overnight too, which, like you say, clears during the day and comes back. And thank you, you've just reminded me that I need to look at changing bags.

Shelley - you can see the heartbeat through your stomach? Thaat's just awesome! A successful shoppping trip followed by a snooze...lovely! I hope you have a good time at the wedding at the weekend.

Booboo - good to hear that your scan was better than you were expecting. Awww, your little lady has been busy growing! I agree, when the scans stop, it does feel like too long to go without seeing anything. Do you find that its nice feeling her move though? Why is it that birth horror stories are so easily shared but no-one talks as much about the good stories?

Hope everyone is feeling ok, take care x

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 5:07pm

Hi ladies!

Hope your all well xxx

Hoping - Hope your back gets better, I would take as much time as you need from work cos if you go back too soon you may need to go off again xx Take care sweetie x

Booboo - Glad all was ok with the scan, I cant wait for mine in 2 weeks. Hopefully they will be able to give us an idea of how big he is x I'm thinking that my pics will be similar to BG's but I just get 1 pic (probably with the option to pick more but at a huge cost i imagine!) My DH bought it for me for christmas, i have a bump pic then go back before little man is 6 months and have another one done. Think he got it from last minute, wasnt expensive aparently.

Chilli - Good advice re: maternity pads! I was going to buy some night pads today but am glad i didnt!

I think its more probable that i am seeing the LO's body breathing if you get what I mean, it looks as though his breathing, maybe its the way his lying. I see the rise and fall and its really quick (like the sound of the hb) so i'm guessing its him breathing in there. Its wicked to see.

AFM - I went to pick up my glasses today and now they feel like they are pulling my eyes out. I'm so exhausted, i've got no energy today, just want to sit on my arse on the sofa!! I really need to get my bag ready for my pic tomorrow and also get my hospital bag done to take with us just in case its needed.
Hoping - I bought my changing bag from Boots (was half price a while back) and its multi coloured spots with a changing mat and bottle carrier. I bought the Oyster pram and got a colour to match the spots on the bag (how sad am i!). Ive got the ocean colour pack for the pram and carry cot, cant wait to use it!!!

I ordered a new moses basket matress the other day and it came yesterday and its the wrong bloody size!!! I went mad and started crying my eyes out as I have been looking for one for so long that will fit the basket my mum bought for us and I must have buggered up somewhere cos it was too long. Anyway, i've sent it back and ordered another - went to bed afterwards as i was so angry with myself!

Question - Is anyone else getting a lot of discharge atm? Sorry if TMI but after I go to the loo I walk out of the loo and 9 times out of 10 I feel like i've wet myself but its a load of discharge coming out! Its horrible and i was wondering if its just me?!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 6:49pm

Chillimint - the antenatal class sounds interesting. I can't wait for mine. I've also booked on 3 other classes - pain relief, breast feeding and postnatal. I think I should try and do pelvic floor exercises. I've no excuse not to, I just forget xx

Shelley - I have discharge hun and am exactly like you. I think it's because I haven't done pelvic floor exercises so my bladder is weaker so as soon as I get up from the loo I leak some more. Throughout the day I will suddenly get a wet feeling. It's gross I know. I wear pantyliners every day now xx

Is anyone watching that programme on BBC1 at 9pm tonight? It looks very interesting for us pregnant ladies. There is another programme on BBC3 at the same time called Misbehaving Mums to be, which I am Sky plus'ing. I have a feeling that programme will wind me up though as I hate women who smoke when pregnant, I think it's disgusting.

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 8:45pm

Hi hoping, i'm sky +-ing them both as need an early night. Feel the same as you though, cant stand those who smoke while pregnant and none of them that i've seen so far has gone through the programme set out for them!
Glad i'm not the only one having the discharge. It is horrible. i've resulted in wearing panty liners every day now too.

Night guys xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 8:53pm

Just a quickie...is anyone getting tested for Group B Strep?

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 10:18pm

Hello 3rd trimester ladies,

Just dropped in to say hi to all of your from the September thread...I can't remember what we were called ah well, maybe it was August! So, anyway, here I am to say :hello: and some of you only have a few weeks to go, I'm so excited for you all.

You will all have beautiful babies, so I will wish you easy births, can't wait to read your announcements baby2
xxx

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:35am

Morning huns

yipppeee its friday :cheese: why do short weeks always seem so long..... i have enother 8 weeks for my mat leave too cos i have no annual leave and i'm trying to work for as long as i can :S

Hoping - i watched that prog on bbc 1 last night about pregnancy and birth. i find anything like that really interesting anyway whether i'm preg or not. It was a good prog, part of my degree was biology but it told me somethings i didn't already know. i've recorded the other prog 'misbehaving mums' but i've seen it before and it makes me :angry: some of the idiots on the programme...pfffft!! i'd never drink or smoke while preg but it made me paranoid watching it last week cos it was about fast food, although i have a good diet i started to feel guilty when i ate something bad. Are u not at work today then? i always think whats the point in going back in on a friday...lol. Hope your backs started to feel better. as for the bleeding gums and nose - i'm with u on the nose thing too. constantly red when i blow my nose!! i'm always really stuffy too and hate it when i have to eat with my mouth open... i have a thing about eating with mouths closed...lol.

chillimint - glad your antenatal class went well. i have my first one on monday but i assume we'll be crammed in like you were cos mine is with the hospital too so i expect they get as many in as they can. at least its some preparation though and we can practise breathing techniques at home. :thumbsup: in answwer to your question about group B strep.... i don't even know what it is...lol.

shelley - aww, thats a lovely prezzie off your hubby. i bet the pics are really nice. enjoy anyway hun. re the discharge - recently i have noticed more - even though it was quite alot anyway. sometimes its comes through my knickers but i was warned about my mum about it cos she didn;t want me to feel wet one day while out and about and freak out thinking it was blood before i got a chance to check it. so its all normal hun as long as its discharge and not fluid loss - pregancy is very glam!

easter eggs - :hello: back at ya hun. good luck with your next tx hun, is it FET your having (looking at your signiture). Hoping is our FET success story in here :happy:

all this talk of pelvic floors - whooops!! i don't think i've done any for months :S Is it just me or does it make any one feel queezy?? I'm just really squeemish and hate the thought of it.... i'm going to try and start doing some now though.... don;t want to pee my pants after the baby!!

I've not looked at changing bags yet. we got the bugaboo buggy and the changing bags are £90 for a canvas one or £150 for a leather one - they are plain black and an absoloute rip off... imo. so think i might just get a plain black one from somewhere cos i doubt i'll be able to match the pink on the buggy. if anyone knows of any nice black ones though then let me know.

right best do some work....... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (May 6th 2011, 9:38am)

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:39am

OMG just watched Misbehaving Mums to Be that was on BBC3 last night. It repulses me that women like that are blessed with children :angry: The girl from Bristol in particular wound me up and as her for her friend who thought smoking was OK and was laughing at the fact that her friend was trying to give up. Some friend!! Don't think I'll watch anymore of those programmes as it just angers me.

Anyway, rant over LOL!

Chillimint - not heard of that test, what is it?

Hello Easter Eggs, hope you're well hun. I see you're trying again in June. I wish you all the very best with that. Your time will come soon I'm sure of it :cuddle xx

I'm off sick again today. My back was throbbing in the night again. I have to get up and walk around to relieve the pain. I'm going to ring around some beauty salons today to see if I can get a massage.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:49am

LOL Booboo we had crossed posts. You may not want to watch that Misbehaving Mums programme then LOL though in the end the girls did give up smoking - well unless they did just for the show and started again when they stopped filming! They showed one who just ate fast food all the time. The nurse did a really good test of making a fruit smoothie and then blending a big mac meal and coke and asked her to drink the too. As you can imagine the big mac smoothie was absolutely gross but it showed what the baby gets i.e. no nutrients whatsoever and it definitely makes you reconsider eating rubbish.

Since I've been put on this low sugar diet I have been really strict with myself and it was exacty the kick up the backside I needed. I actually feel like I am losing weight though, which can't be good surely as we're meant to eat more calories aren't we?

I agree with you re the cost of the changing bags that come with our prams, my one is expensive too and it's not very nice.

Friday, May 6th 2011, 10:47am

yeah that programme always makes me mad....don't know why i watch it...lol. i know a woman though who's due same week as me (she's more of an aquanitance than a friend) and every time she's been out she's drunk lagers and i just don;t get it!! i'd be so para about if my baby was drunk and all the chemicals it contains. the same woman also waffled on about 'boobs are for sex' when my mum mentioned i wanted to BF..... so just shows some people's mentality... X(

can u eat yogurt at all?? i've been trying to eats lots of yogurt cos apparently its got more calcium than milk and the babies need lots at the mo (according to my birth watch on hubby's i-phone....). also broccili is good for calcium...its my fave veg!! i have an addiction to choclate milkshake at the moment. its the fresh stuff in the fridges thats full fat too.... not the low suger stuff...whooops!! i drank 500ml's last night and had to stop myself drinking the rest cos its so high in calories.

I'm sure if your loosing weight it will only be because of the low sugar your eating now. Nathan will get just what he needs from you, babies always take what they need and we're the ones that do without so thats a good thing. also i find i don;t look as 'big' as my bump gets more defined. we start to look more pregnant and less like we've put weight on so maybe its that too. one of my friends told me that if we just put on 2stone for the whole pregancy than we'll get back to shape quicker..... i've done that already and i have another 10 weeks to go...lol.

Hope u manage to get a back massage anyway hun - sounds good to me :thumbsup:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:23am

On that programme 'Is Breast Best' a young girl said boobs were for sex. Just shows the immaturity of some people eh.

Funny you mention yoghurt, when we were shopping last week we checked the sugar content and couldn't believe how much sugar is in them, well the nice fruit ones. The natural ones are OK of course but they're so bland I think. I ended up getting some kiddies fromage frais ones as the pots are tiny and it gives me a quick sweet fix. I'm really into chilled milk at the moment so getting calcium through that. Oh and I love cottage cheese with a spud.

Booked a back massage for tomorrow. £24 for 30 minutes and I mentioned I was almost 29 weeks pregnant. They do it while I sit upright. I said there is no way I can lie on my front anyway LOL. She also mentioned a package they do for mums to be, which can help prepare and pamper you before labour. Will check it out tomorrow but sounds interesting. If this back massage is good I may treat myself to another one in a couple of weeks as my back is aching more and more as the weeks go by. I must admit my posture isn't great. I bought one of those big balls to sit on, which helps sometimes.

Not sure if any of you plan on buying a steriliser kit and bottles but I have just reserved online the Tommy Tippee Closer to Nature Essentuals Kit for half price at Babies R Us. Was £119.99 now £59.99. It comes with loads of stuff. I do plan on breastfeeding but also want bottles as I hope to use a breast pump and make bottles up for DH to feed.

Anyway, off to lie down again as back is starting to hurt LOL.

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:33am

Morning all

there is a Group B Strep thread here
Group B Strep

Hello Easter - aww thanks for dropping in. Of course I remember you from the September cycle buddy thread. Fingers crossed for your FET next month babydust x

Shelley - what a pain in the backside having to re-order your moses basket mattress again. I ordered one last weekend actually, and its supposed to be delivered next week. That's that thing about ordering online though isn't it...waiting for delivery and hoping that its the right size.

Hoping - its likely that keeping your blood sugars under control is going to be important for you and LO, rather than loading up on calories. Like Booboo said, LO will grow regardless of what you eat. Is there any chance that your healthier diet is reducing some water retention because you may have cut down (albeit unwittingly) on salt intake to? Or possibly kick started a sluggish digestion by eating more slow release carbs and veg? Hope you manage to get your back sorted out with your massage.

Booboo - funny you mention that calcium thing. I'm LOVING milk at the moment...I could drink pints of it. It kicked off in the first tri and has come back in the last few weeks. I'm putting away yogurts by the boat load, from what Hoping says though, maybe I should check the sugar content.

I didn't watch any of the pregnancy programmes last night...and Misbehaving Mums would really wind me up, so I avoid it. My BP is doing OK, and I want to keep it that way.

We were talking about hospital bags recently too...anyone seen this thread? Its marvelleous! Hospital bag list
Hospital Bag List

have a fab day everyone x

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests