You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 2:54pm

Awww congratulations Shelbie. Do you have a name?

Booboo I would have bottles just incase. You can express and daddy can help.

Anna So glad you have had no more nasties

Rallygirl - I do not get a scan till 20 weeks. They refused to move it closer. After some advice I rang the University College Hospital Fetal medicine unit. They were great & said my odds were roughly average for my age & that the scan is much more effective than the bloods. They also booked me in (without a refferal) for an NHS full indepth scan. They are doing it due to the abnpormalities in last pregnancy more as said I should have been reffered to them anyway.

Anyhoo have fun all

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 2:55pm

Shelbie - welcome to team blue high5 My DH was thrilled when we found out it was a boy and admitted he wanted a boy more than a girl, even though he would've been happy with either. I wasn't fussed either way xx

Booboo - I am going to buy formula, just in case I struggle to breastfeed and it's the middle of the night and he is screaming. I think it's best to have it in so you have food for them, just in case. I think some midwives do put pressure on women about breastfeeding but not all. I know my friend's midwife made her feel like a failure when she changed to formula because she couldn't cope with breastfeeding and she felt really bad about it as she did try. My friend said it was so distressing seeing her daughter cry and hungry but she just wouldn't latch on no matter how hard she tried so in the end she decided she needed feeding and gave her formula. I don't think formula is bad for them, they wouldn't sell it otherwise would they. I know they say breast is best but like Rallygirl says, go with an open mind and what will be will be. Like you though I am worried as I want to do it but everything I've heard and read about it makes it sound like a huge challenge. As for BF in public you can buy clothes that make it private so you wouldn't actually have your boob out LOL! Not sure I'd feel comfortable doing it in public though would you? I know it's probably silly to feel like that as it's a natural thing to do but that's just me xx

So, I have just booked onto 4 antenatal classes!!! They all last 2 hours and are Labour, Pain Relief, Breastfeeding then Postnatal. I'm particularly interested in the BF one as I want someone to show me and explain what to do. I've told DH he doesn't need to come to that one LOL!

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:03pm

Hey BooBoo - just do what you think is right. You could maybe get a couple of bottles (TK Maxx do Tommee Tippee very reasonably) and a few cartons. If you're planning on using a breast pump you will need a steriliser and a couple of bottles for that later on anyway and the cartons are around 70p I think. I was spurting milk all over the shop last time and I still have a couple of cartons in the drawer just in case. Aptamil is meant to be the most breast like and seems to be what most MWs suggest. Just remember that your milk doesn't come in for a couple of days so it's hard work whilst it's just colostrum but they're getting loads of goodness. This is when it hurts really and then as your milk supply settles it gets easier, lots of people give up before then as think they can't do but I'm pretty sure they're just not getting enough info on how it all works in a lot of cases. I remember crying as DS latched on, we were both new at it so it's no surprise we weren't brilliant to begin with but it was def worth it in the end. He didn't get any lurgies until 6 months (when I stopped BF for returning to work) and is still a really healthy boy (touch wood). Obviously there's no problem with bottle feeding either if it turns out that that works better for you, it's not like it once was when there was god knows what in the milk, food tech has come a long way.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:36pm

thanks girls for advice
think i'll add bottles and steriliser to my list then if i'm thinking of expressing anyway. i might not buy formula though cos it might be too easy to grab for it, i can always get dh to nip to the 24hr tesco if needs be ;) BF'ing does sound like a huge challenge and it'll be a great achievment if i can manage it. i certainly want to feed her the colostrum anyway cos thats the good stuff so i'll prepare for the pain :pinch: I guess some people find it easier than others and i'm going to have to see how it works for me and buba and go from there.

hoping - i'm totally with u on the feeling uncomfortable in public, spesh when my own mum makes remarks about it!! i think we'll prob just get used to sitting in the corner of somwhere or in a baby changing room....lol. having said that i was at costa coffee the other week and they refused to give a lady hot water for her baby's bottle so i don't think its easy been out and about whatever way u feed ( i have to say i was rather shocked at the lame health and safety excuse they made about not been able to give customers hot water....in a coffee shop!!).

caz- thanks for the advice. think i'll give myself a coulpe of weeks and xfingers it'll be ok. did u ever feel u were housebound at first? with babies needing to feed more regular just wondering what happens when people some to visit or u want to go out ect...

xxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:55pm

Hey everyone!

Mind if I join in the breast feeding discussion?

I really want to do it too, I think it prevents a lot of bugs, and colic etc, but have said if it didn't work I wouldn't beat myself up over it. But after today's discussion after my scan about breastfeeding they do seem to push it on you!! I really want to give my baby the goodness from me and all my antibodies and I think its free so thats a bonus! And will also express later if I can. A girl at work told me to get the Dr. Brown bottles (I think that's what they are called) she says she swears by them as they are brilliant at preventing colic....

RE: feeding in public, I have worried about this too and whilst browsing the internet one day I saw a sling thing like when you break your arm that you can buy in pretty material colours that you put the baby in to breastfeed providing extra comfort for baby! and it also covers you up! I'm quite private about things like this and wouldn't feel comfortable with the stares, so will definitely be investing in one of these! I'll have a look and post the name of them, if I can find them again lol!

RE: the comments, I've had none yet but reckon DF's mother will have something to say about it when she knows, but I couldn't really give a sh!t what she thinks anyway! lol. She will probably try and feed my baby so much crap anyway, aparently DF's dad gave his cousins little girl (not even 2 yet) a glass of coke as she walked thru the door and sweets without even asking mum!! The cheek! Also he gave her a bowl of steaming hot apple pie and custard!!! I dread to think what could have happened!

DF's cousin's wife has breastfed her two sucessfully and is becoming a breast feeding buddy so I should have that extra support if needed.

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 4:02pm

I would give anything to breast feed really but my milk will be full of beta blockers & thyroid meds. LO will be poisoned so i guess bottle is best. Although those meds dont adversley effect the pregnancy they do the breast milk. Well so I was told.
Very envious though.
I will talk it over with midwife just incasey.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 4:28pm

I'm gonna jump in on the BF subject too!

After watching the BBC3 programme last night, I've been looking for what sort of support there is around my area for BF. I want to have a few places I can go to for support if I need it. A few family members of mine have breastfed but I think I'd rather have some help from a stranger, if that doesn't sound too bad or weird! So, I've spent a bit of time finding out exactly who is in the local area to help out with BF and also their contact details.

1. NCT have breastfeeding counsellors, and the notice I read specifically said "available for members and non-members". Your local branch might have a yahoo group or Facebook group to seek out for websites and contact details.
2. There is a Breastfeeding Peer Support Group in my local area. Again, I found a Facebook group first so that might be a good place to look. I think there are small groups in lots of local areas.
3. The Breastfeeding Network

I expect that the community midwife and hospital antenatal clinic will have some numbers of breastfeeding counsellors too, so they're next on my list.

Booboo - costa WOULDN'T give hot water for health and safety reasons...but will serve hot drinks of steaming milk? Bonkers. I'll add another item to my baby shopping list - a small flask for hot water (if I end up bottle feeding).

Right ladies, will post back if I find any other places to look.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 4:40pm

Congrats Shelbie on having a wee boy. baby7 Sounds like you had a really nice experience which is what i'm praying for. I know some people have had miserable sonographers etc which has made the whole experience quite stressful.

BooBoo,a SCBU is a Special Care Baby Unit. Sorry for the abbreviatons, when you work for the NHS everything is abbreviated. A massive part of my job was helping the new mum's establish breast feeding, help with expressing etc. There was also a Neonatal Intensive Care attached to the unit so we had tiny prem babies too. It was lovely when they were gaining weight and starting to suckle and we'd put them on mum's boob (sometimes mum's boob was bigger than baby.) A lovely but extrememly stressful job especially when DH and i realised it might never happen for us.I did it for 3 and a half years but when it comes to me actually doing it for myself and my new baby, it'll be a totally different kettle of fish. I bet i'll forget everything i used to tell the mums. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of bottles and some formula on stand by. As you say, if you have a screaming baby in the middle of the night everyone is near the end of their tether and it may be that you need to give a little formula to allow everyone some sleep, as long as you're eager to get cracking with breastfeeding the next day. DH can play his part by making it his job to wind LO after a feed. It's a lovely bonding experience for daddy and baby.

Anyway, i could harp on all day so i better stop now. Need a nap actually, i'm pooped!!!

xxx

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 5:03pm

Hi girls!

Congratulations Shellbie on the scan! bab11 A boy! Yay!!! I cant wait to find out the sex of our twins!!!!!!!

Thought I would join in on the breastfeeding chat.

I know I am a long way off yet but I think I am going to give BF a go. Not sure how easy it will be with twins but I think I am going to give it a good try! Rallygirl did you have ver experience helping any twin mums when you worked on the Baby Unit? any advice? Like many of you thought I am keeping very open minded and not going to beat myself up if one or both don't latch on. I think I will invest in a sterilizer and few bottles and formula just in case. I too am not sure if I will be able to breast feed in public espec as I will have to get both boobs out! hehe! :laugh: I might aswell just take my whole top off!! :eyebrows:

Love to all lovely ladies
xxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 5:12pm

Good afternoon ladies!!

I will seriously come back with personals - BOY this thread is fast moving. It will be difficult to keep up with it! I ditto on the BF front - going to give it my best try, will see how we go!!

I had my scan and it went WELL. Our PCT doesn't measure nasal bone but it was VERY obvious on the picture - take a looksie and tell me what you think. Fluid was 2.2 - she measured it loads of times - 1.6, 1.7, 2.2 2.3 so she went with the 2.2 measurement. Now just waiting for the bloods to come back.
*daisy* has attached the following file:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 5:14pm

What a great scan photo Daisy! And yup you can definitely see a clear nasal bone on there!

Pleased everything is going well xxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 6:37pm

Hi All,
Shan't do personals but will try and cover BF questions - this is only my experience though and different for everyone. Taxihome is a good example of when things just aren't possible and it's great these days that we have such great alternatives, the formula really is good and my DS was very happy when we did switch him.

Housebound - no, never - I was worried about that too as I'm someone who goes stir crazy very easily. I am fortunate to live in the centre of St ALbans where there are great parks, loads of facilities etc so I was pretty much out and about from day 1. The baby bjorn carrier was a much used accessory! I always told myself I could nip home if a feed was needed etc but found I never did. You get very good at being subtle pretty quickly (and for me that is something, I was a standing joke with my NCT that I could have breastfed Hertfordshire, sometimes I had seven sprays splurting out over a metre and had to get DS to the breast very fast so as not to spray people in the face!!). Lots of people have recomended the feeding aprons to me so I'm going to try one this time, and I got some great tops online that sort of open up in a clever fashion so only your nipple has to come out. Also, places like boots, John Lewis etc all have feeding rooms if you feel more comfortable in private. The other great thing is having a baby in spring/summer really means that you get to go out and about a lot without worrying too much about the cold, I think most of us are due before it's likely to get cold so marching round parks etc is a great way to burn some calories and help your LOs nod off. I must have walked around our big duck pond 1000 times!!

Groups - there are usually plenty. Check out your local children centres, ask the NCT and if you're brave just accost other mothers in the park! You'll find Costa/Starbucks etc are totally different places during the day too. Full of mums and babies rather than business folk dashing in and out. When you are signed off by your community midwife (ie they think you are doing fine and stop coming to your house), they give you a list of all the drop in clinics where you go and get baby weighed on a regular basis. Again you meet loads of mums here, usually a lot of them are sat feeding for a while too, and in general it's easy to get chatting. You can ask loads of questions of the MWs there too, I think every single one of us was there a dozen times at the beginning firing questions about feeding so they're used to it. Every worry in the world comes up, I was paranoid that he only fed for 10 mins (due to the squirting apparently, very efficient - and I had friends worrying that it was taking hours, all are normal. I used to go every week even though Thomas was a chubber and really didn't need weighing. If you don't mind spending a little you can find baby massage groups etc too and again don't worry about clashing with feed times as most mums will sit down to feed at some point. A baby is an amazing ice breaker.

If you are using any bottles for expressed or formula (I used some as really didn't like whapping the baps out in places like pubs), then a small flask of hot water is a great tool. All the usual brands do them, they come with a plastic cup over the top that you just pour hot water into and it's as easy as anything. Some places will give you hot water and some won't, some places (like Debenhams & Ikea) are great and have bottle warmers and microwaves for customers to use.

Sorry if I sound like a know it all - as I said this is just my experience, but I hope it helps a little. Try not to fret, what will be will be, and as someone said - there's always 24 hour Tescos!!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 7:21pm

hey all hope ur all well?!

congrats to everyone on their scans and any coming up soon. im still working stupid hours and finding it hard to keep up on here.

BF is fab!! lol i did with my son till he was 11 months and loved it, breastfeeding bras are great and help you be descrete when out but to be fair if people didnt like me doing the most natural thing ro fed my baby they could get stuffed!!! hehehe

i had my consultant appointment today and i have SPD or PGP which is cauding me loads of pain in my pubic area, hips, coccyx and have been told i need to think about taking maternity earlier and been refered to physio!! they are also going to check on the baby gtowing as they think she is a little big so be loads more trips to the hospital for me!!

take care everyone xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 8:38pm

Hi ladies, can I join you in the 2nd trimester - jumping a day or so early

Daisy hope all went well today

Finally had my scan and fabulous news we have a very active baby with all the bits and pieces in the right place and the icing on the cake is my due date has been pushed forward 6 days now 13+5.

Due date now 14.10.11, my lovely brothers birthday, time to change my ticker

Will catch up with personals soon, lovely to catch up with those who I was over on the 1st tri with XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 8:51pm

Hey all,

Just a quickie to let you know that Breastfeeding programme with Cherry is repeated on BBC3 thurs nite/fri morning at 3.15am so have set it to record!!

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 9:27pm

Hey all been out of action a few weeks as had visitors staying and didn't risk leaving FZ on the computer as noone knows I had IVF!

Interesting reading all the BF chat - cheers for posting all the info Chillimint and Caz - I hadn't really thought about groups or classes but after reading all your posts - I might check out one I saw a flyer for the other day.

Funnily had just been checking out feeding cushions and breastpumps on line - ebay seem way to go but I'm a bit worried about the hygeine of a second hand pump I'm sure it's ok because breastfeeding groups and hospitals rent them out - but how do you clean them?

Mashy - hi - have you read Roxy's post on breastfeeding twins in the multiples thread? It's really motivated me

Daisy - hello - what are gorgeous scan photo and even though the picture is small you can clearly see the wee nose - you must be thrilled!

Mum - wow sorry to hear about your PGP - I hope the physio helps have they suggested anything else to ease the pain?

Hi Alie - good to see someone almost as old as me in the second trimester!

Nat x

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 10:00pm

Just popping on to say huge congrats to Daisy on a fantastic pic of LO.
Whose nose does he/she have :) bless them.
Wonderful pic.

Allie - Hi again my lovely. Wow you are due the same day as me now. Woohooo!!!!

xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Apr 13th 2011, 10:01pm)

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 10:13pm

Wow where to start.
Shelbie congrates on joining the blue club, will you name him?
Daisy, great scan photo glad all went ok
Booboo, that wasn't very nice of your mum to put you off breastfeeding, we will all need the support we can get if we choose to try it. Good for you still being determined
Taxihome sounds like you got some positive advice today, glad that you are staying positive. My friend had high risk because of age and her little girl was fine
Welcome alie to 2nd tri. It's great when they move you forward for due dates!!
Mum sorry to hear about the pgp I've never heard of it but sounds painful. Hope your ok
Ralleygirl sounds like a lively job, does the crying babies make your boobs hurt (or is that a wives tails)
Hoping who did you book your classes with? Was it nct?
Chillymint and caz sounds like good advice on breastfeeding.
Sorry if I've missed anyone, so much activity my babybrain doesn't remember everything anymore!!
I really want to breast feed. My sister had problems with her first and had to use a nipple shield, it helps the baby latch on and made it less tender. With her twins she only managed 6 weeks because she didn't produce enough milk. I think our dh's have to except that they will have to wait a while before they can feed, to give my dh bonding time I want him to do the bathing which should be fun time!!
Afm, mw appointment was great, whilst I was waiting baby was really kicking and when I looked down my stomach was dancing it was so nice to watch!! Heartbeat was really strong, I counted the beats which were 160/min, I wonder how true that old wives tale is!! Mw was lively saying if I was concerned I hadn't felt movement then contact them and they will listen to the hb!!! Quite reassuring!! However my next appointment is not till 28 weeks, was this the same for everyone else? I'm gutted I have to wait 6 weeks!
Adreamz :xxx3:

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 7:33am

Morning my lovely second tri ladies:)

Adreamz - 6 weeks! That in pregnancy term feels like an age!! Don't worry though, I am sure in reality it will go by in a flash. Great that baby was so active. It must be amazing to feel it wriggling around, i can't wait for that.

Taxi - thta nose!! We have such small noses too!! My mate said she had the same on her first scan picture but by the second it looked fine. I looked at the other pictures and they all look OK. I could be giving birth to an elephant!!! Still, as long as there are 10 toes, 10 fingers and just one head!!! How are you doing anyway?

Shinealight - I have absolutely NO IDEA about breat pumps but are they dishwasher safe? I would imagine that would be the best way to clean them. I am sure it would be fine using a second hand one as long as you do give it a thorough clean!!

Alie - YAY you are here!!! WOW - they jumped me forward 2 days, but SIX!! WOWEEEE!! You are now ahead of me, you sneaked that one!! HEHEHE!! Congrats on the good scan - mine went well too, if you scroll back there is a picture - you can click it to make it bigger, AND CHECK OUT THE HOOTER!!! :teehee:

Mum82 - sorry for being really ignorant but can you tell me what SPD/PGP are~? I have never heard of them, but if they cause pain and may need to to start mat early then OUCH I am sorry you have it. xx

Caz - thank you for all that info. No, you don't sound like a know-it-all. I am a first time mum and ANY advice is welcome advice xxx

MAshy - how are you doing? Just laughed at the idea of you taking your top off to feed you babies pmsl Imagine you are in Tesco "hang on folks, the wangers are COMING OUT!!"

Rallygirl- I can't beleive you are almost 16 weeks!! Doesn't seem two minutes ago you were still in 1st tri!! How are you doing??

Chillimint - thank you for the info - you have made me want to look into options, but not yet!!

Shelbie, Boo Boo, Hoping - hope you all well xxx

AFM - Obviously thrilled our scan went well. We got put 2 days ahead which was lovely. Sonographer was so nice and patient and answered all our questions in a non-patronising way. She said baby looked perfect. I have an anterior placenta which I am gutted about as it means it will be longer before I feel baby but was reassured that it is very common and nothing to worry about. Now I just need to wait until the blood results come through, not sure how long that will take.
My mum is coming to visit for the week so not sure how often I will make it on here, but will do my best!

:xxx3:

My diary

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 8:14am

Good morning ladies

Daisy - I have a posterior placenta and didn't feel proper kicks until c22 weeks. I felt very light taps before then but they weren't frequent. I thought I would feel them sooner but was the same for those with the placenta at the front really xx

Adreamz - when I saw my MW yesterday she gave me the number of our local Children's Centre as that's where they're held. I would just ask your community MW for details of any classes. I plan to attend all 4 as I want to get as much knowledge as possible, being a first time mum and all. I watch my belly move too, it's amazing isn't it? Even DH has noticed the little kicks he does just by looking at my belly and also when he turns my belly goes lopsided LOL, like he has his bum stuck out :laugh: xx

Shelbie - cheers for letting us know when that programme is on, I will ask DH to Sky plus it for me as I'm staying at mum and dads this week while our kitchen gets done xx

Alie - welcome smile2 You're due the day after my 34th birthday! Will be a Libra - well balanced LOL xx

Mum - sorry to hear about the pain you're in. How soon would they want you to start maternity leave? Can you not have it as sick instead so it means you have more maternity leave after your little girl is born? xx

Caz - cheers for all that info on BF. I definitely am going to try my best and am mentally preparing myself for the pain. I reason it can't be worse than labour pain can it so hopefully I will grin and bear it until it gets easier?! xx

Booboo - think you asked what my measurements were for my uterus - it was 24.5cm, which she said was perfect for 25 weeks. I may measure it myself actually to see how she got that. I know she pressed on my pubic bone and I guess it's now about 3 inches above my belly button xx

Daisy - love your scan pic. On one of my scans ours had big lips and both DH and I don't have big lips, if anything I could do with a lip plumpler LOL! Though on our more recent scan his lips weren't as big xx

Hi to everyone else. Almost weekend yay!! I am in work for 3 days next week then off for 12. I can't wait. I'm hoping the kitchen will be almost complete by Easter weekend though already they're two days behind as the stupid plasterer didn't turn up as he had to go out on another urgent job. I was like my kitchen is urgent LOL!! I'm still living at mum and dads and will be there until Saturday. Then I'll go home to spend some QT with the hubby and I may stay at mums again on Monday night as they don't live too far from where I work. It's more so I can get a proper meal rather than living off take-aways as we currently have no kitchen facilities whatsoever. It's a shell at the moment. Will be so glad when it's done. Then the next job is the nursery - yay!!

Caz

Ace

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 8:56am

Breast pumps just go in the steriliser. You give them a rinse along with bottles etc and then just chuck them in.

And you can buy replacement parts. It's the motor bit that's expensive but you can pick up new shields/tubes etc reasonably. I had medela swing for ds1 and it's been in the cupboard while so have bought new shield, tube & valve for hygeine.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caz" (Apr 14th 2011, 8:58am)

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 9:18am

morning all

such a busy thread i can hardly keep up. Loads of great BF'ing advice. Thanks caz, chillimint and mum for sharing your much appreciated advice :happy: Its made me feel all the more determined listening to success stories after watching that programme that scared me about it all :scared: I've got my determined head on now :happy:

Also i was just having a peep in the Daily Mail website (i'm a total skiver at work .......) to see if there's any news from Holly Willobooby (there isn't....) and i came across an article on mylene class and there's a piccie of her with a white shawl thing over one side of her shoulder and u can see the outline of her baby underneath....i'm assuming its one of those BF'ing covers...so if mylene class can walk about london discreetly BF'ing them big up to her and it makes me feel better about feeding in public :thumbsup:

caz - them baby bjorn carriers, can u breast feed in them? we do want a baby carrier of some sort because its something DH has always wanted to do, carry his LO around the park ..lol. so i might get BF'ing one we can both use.

Hoping - yeah i thought u'd be measuring around that if your mw said you were perfect size for how many weeks u are. I just wondered cos i thought my 29cm was 4 weeks ahead and it seems it is....lol. then last night i had some twinges so maybe i'm going to have another growth spurt...i'll be huge soon :snigger: Hope your kitchen gets sorted out soon, it'll be all worth it. its rubbish having to rely on work men though isn;t it. at least your not having to ut up with the mess and your been looked after at your mums :happy:

Daisy - Congrats on your scan hun. u can defo see your LO's nasal bone, thats a great scan pic...bless! good luck for your blood results but i'm sure they'll be fine if the scan was.

adreamz- 6 weeks is a long time for a mw apt...though i think i have waited 5 weeks between apts before. Obviously a good sign they are not worried about anything and if you can feel you LO now there's not to much worry about listening to HB's at your apts cos they say the movement of LO is more important as the pregnancy goes on and its a good way of knowing they are ok in there when we can feel there kicks

allie- welcome to 2md tri hun....hope u can keep up with all the posts in here :snigger:

Mum - sorry to hear about your PGP - sounds painful hun. i know someone who had it in pregnancy before. Hope it doesn't get too bad for you and hopefully some physio can do the trick. can u not take time off work as sick rather than mat leave early?

Hello to all you other mummy's to be.... i can't see too far back and i best do some work for a bit....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Apr 14th 2011, 9:20am)

Caz

Ace

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 9:59am

You can't really feed in the baby bjorn but I think itsa good one for getting long term use out of it. Some of my friends had the close to me one which was lovely when they were small but didn't last as long when they got heavier, they could feed in that though.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 10:08am

Hi Ladies

With all this chat of BFing I decided to do some research with the meds I am on. Aparenetly I can breast feed however not for a few hours after taking the meds.
So I figure I will do both. My DIL said her health visitor said if you BF you should be doing it 12 times a day. It is half that for a bottle.
Most women end up doing both at some point so I guess I shall do that. No dodgy breast milk after meds & bub can have the bottle. I know I can express too but atleast with the odd bottle of formula baby can be fed anywhere & at anytime.
PS daisy - Bub has a perfect nose. It will no doubt be him sticking it right out for the world to see.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Apr 14th 2011, 10:10am)

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 10:10am

Booboo - have you heard what Mylene Klass has called her little girl? Hero!!! I think it's an awful name for a girl. I know it's to do with Shakespeare and is theatrical but I just think it's silly. I love her first daughters name though, Ava, so thought she'd pick another normal name. There was a picture of Mylene in my Prima magazine when she was pregnant and she had a lovely white floaty top on with leggings. It was by Isabella Oliver so I googled it and it was over £100!!! I was like OMG some maternity clothes are so expensive.

My DH is like yours, he wants a baby carrier as he'd prefer that to pushing a buggy. I think we will buy one after the baby is born though so we can test them out properly and see how it feels with him in. Do you have to wait a few months before they can go in one?

Adreamz - forgot to say, I'm surprised you don't have a midwife check up at 25 weeks. On my schedule I have one at 25 weeks, which was yesterday, then at 28 weeks and then again at 32 weeks (these are with my community midwife), then I'm at the hospital at 36 weeks and I think the community midwife said she wanted to see me every 2 weeks after 34 or 36 weeks. I can't remember. They may work differently though but if you're concerned just ring your midwife to see why they don't see you sooner. I'm sure she won't mind.

xxx

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 10:51am

taxihome - i think you have exceptional circumstances so its whatever is best for you and your bubs. I don't like snobbery about how to feed babies anyway, its different strokes for different folks. Personally i just want to try it cos i have no reason not to. That is good though if u can try it a few hours after your meds. I think quite a people end up topping up with a bit of formula. xxx

Hoping - yeah when mylene first named her baby i was like ...WTF (i i don't even usually swear)!!!! but i suppose people have different taste don't they. i actually tought it was a boys name at first. Aparently though her first babies name Ava she wanted pronounced Ah-va not A-va (if u see what i mean....) so not quite so normal but she just couldnt get people to pronounce it like that...lol. I don't think Ava and hero go together though..... :huh: I'm always scared of these celebs having babies before me cos if they 'pinch' my buba's name i'd have to change it cos they become popular when celebs use them sometimes(not that i choose crazy celeb names..lol). Holly willoughby's son has a 'normal' name so i'm in suspense what she'll call her girl.xxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Apr 14th 2011, 10:55am)

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 11:11am

Morning Ladies

Cant believe how much has gone on here since i last looked. Loads of BF stuff which is great. Taxi, i really felt for you yesterday with all the BF chatter and i'm glad you have found some really positive info. I came across quite a lot of mum's with similar issues to you with drugs they were on etc. I was going to ask if there was a safe time of day when you could maybe express and give your milk by bottle. Brill news!!

Mashy, we had a fair few sets of twins on the unit as they can have a habit of making an early appearance. There were plenty of mums who breast fed successfully. I think organisation is the key but also, it seems much easier if you are relaxed as well. The main thing is, all the babies i had experience with were either premature or full term but unwell at birth, so circumstances were different and there were complications. That is what worries me about the birth. I've only ever experienced childbirth when things go wrong. I wish i'd asked my boss if i could spend a week on the labour/post natal ward to see all the hundreds of normal births that happen every day and maybe i wouldn't have such a distorted view of things.

As for breast pumps, I'm with Caz, the medela swing was what we used and recommended in hospital. They're about £90 in Mothercare but you can buy them cheaper on ebay and all the attachments can be sterilised and the mechanical part doesn't ever come into actual contact with milk at any time so can be wiped clean.

Daisy, fab scan pic. Cant wait for my next one. Got my 16 wk check up with m/w on Mon otherwise all's well, just plodding on with the headaches, indigestion and flatulence!!! :snigger:

Alie, congrats on joining the 2nd tri, it's busy on here.

Hiya to everyone else this morning my bum has gone numb whilst writing this post so i need to stop and get up and go for a [zx060]

Catch you later!!

xxx

Caz

Ace

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 11:44am

Medela Swing is indeed great and easy to use, even if you do feel a bit like a cow being milked!!

The carriers are usually weight specific. The baby bjorn is 8lb, Thomas hit that at 10days so that's when we started using it. Two of my friends had 4lb bubas (one prem, one thyroid issues, both v healthy monsters now), they used the close to me (think that's what it's called) sling like one pretty much straight away. I never felt that was secure with my lump though, guess it's personal
preference and waiting to try them out is a great idea. I bought a bubasling before we had Thomas and when I put him in it I was so sure he was going to plop out that it made me cry!! (over emotional me thinks).

Just had my final clinic appt and am all booked in for induction on Tues! So I should prob get my arse out of your thread now and say good luck etc. Third tri is getting more chatty now so I shall keep an eye out for more of you appearing there and of course eagerly await all the birth announcements.
Caz
xx

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 3:05pm

Afternoon ladies.
Daisy, that was good they could tell you about your anterior placenta in that scan, at least now you know it might take you a little longer to feel movement and nit get overly concerned.
Hoping, that's terrible about the plasterers, you tell them how important you are, if you get a little emotional it usually helps too (then blame the hormones!!). Thanks for advice on you mw appointments, did you gave one at 22 weeks as well or just 25? I'll call my own mw on tues when she is back from holiday.
Booboo was myelene feeding whilst walking? Is that not impossible?? Baby was get indigestion surely?
Taxihome, I'm glad you can bf if you desire. So much nicer having the option!!
Rallygirl your job must be really emotional whilst pregnant!!
Caz wow 5 days till induction, that's so exiting!!
I always wanted to use a baby carrier with my nephew, my sister bought the mamas and papas one but it was very user friendly, I borrowed a bjorn and it was really good. I'm hoping to borrow it for when baby is born as my friend doesn't need it at present, perhaps you might find someone can lend you one as IRS only used for such a short amount if time.
Hero is a very strange name indeed. I wonder what they are thinking when they choose. Mind you I'm a traditionalist so I may be a little bias. Is Holly not due in may?
Afm, we were collecting loose change for years and the bottle broke over the weekend ehilst decorating, I counted it all yesterday and told dh it was all for the baby. He replied that we better start thinking about what we need then. That's the first time that he has been positive about the whole pregnancy. I think it's because when I woke this morning baby was kick hard do I move dh hand to my tummy and baby woke him with the kicking.
Went to yoga thus morning, it's harder than it use to be but I'm going the breathing and postures I can do will help mw during labour!! I sometimes think I might like to try hypnobirth but I imagine it's very expensive. I've also tidied the house this morning as we are getting it valued to put on the Market this afternoon. I'm now exhausted so might have a little snooze.
Hope you are all having a good afternoon

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 5:07pm

Adreamz, DH is in RAF so we move a lot and i actually finished that job a couple of years ago. I've chosen not to work since we started tx so i could have as little stress as possible. I know i'm extremely lucky to be able to do this. I guess we'll never know for sure if that had anything to do with the last tx being successful but it must've helped in some way.

I have so much admiration for you guys still working through pregnancy, dont know how you do it!!! Could you imagine if it was men who got pregnant and had babies!!!

xxx

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 8:03pm

I can't keep up with you all and all the chat in here - it's great!! I am now finished with the major stress at work and am on Easter holidays tomorrow! The children did me and themselves so, so proud. I was really pleased with their events. So chuffed and now counting down the weeks until I finish up in June! I must admit the only thing that has kept me going with working has been the maternity leave here. I almost left work after our last failed cycle to concentrate on conceiving, but was worried that being at home sitting about things all day would make me depressed, so decided to just keep ploughing on. If we'd have had to go down the immune protocol route i'd have had to leave, but we tried one last cycle and hit it lucky fortunately! We cannot believe how much we love this little baby already.

I have to admit I was starting to panic a little about breastfeeding after reading all about you Taxi. I too, have thyroid issues and am taking Levaxin 75mmg daily and the thought hadn't really entered my head that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed - which is silly! I have hashimotos, which is basically antibodies to the thyroid gland and although my thyroid wasn't affecting my health really - it will in the future probably, I do believe it was stopping me getting pregnant. Was it the thyroid medication or your beta blockers or both that would prevent breastfeeding? My situation is a little complex in that my thyroid levels actually fall within what they would call healthy (ie TSH under 5) but I was convinced that it not being under 2 was stopping me getting pregnant and as soon as I was put on medication and my TSH was below 2 I got pregnant. Although the antibody level causes my immune system to constantly work harder too. I will need to discuss with my Dr - I am in a situation that I could probably come off the medication if need be while breastfeeding, but pleased to hear that you will be able to do both as I think I would rather continue taking my medication and breastfeed if possible.

Our pram has arrived at my sisters, so I am very excited about picking that up! We are borrowing her baby carrier - she highly recommends them and used her one a lot. Anyway, sorry for the lack of personals, but so pleased to hear all is well with you lovely ladies xxx

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 9:48pm

hey all thanks for the kind words

"

Pregnancy related Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) causes pain, instability and limitation of mobility and functioning in any of the three pelvic joints. PGP has a long history of recognition, mentioned by Hippocrates.[1] and later described in medical literature by Snelling.[2]

Quoted

The affection appears to consist of relaxation of the pelvic articulations, becoming apparent suddenly after parturition or gradually during pregnancy and permitting a degree of mobility of the pelvic bones which effectively hinders locomotion and gives rise to the most peculiar and alarming sensations.

for all of you, cant find a better definition!! but bascially it hurts a lot! i have no sick pay from my jobs to take and SSP isnt enough money to live on!! ill have to struggle on for now.

amazing grace ohhh pram exciting, have you got much stuff?

rally girl that made me laugh men having babies!! love that to happen to mine he might realise how hard it is for me!! lol
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Friday, April 15th 2011, 9:16am

Hi lovely pregnant ladies!

Have been away with my mum in Whitby, but have been able to read the messages flying around on here on my phone...wouldn't let me reply though :cross:

Thanks to all for the reassurances re; bonding with baby. It was a reply a LONG way back, but I think the lovely lady who wrote it is absoluletly right, I think I will relax more when I know that if the baby is born it will be able to survive. Thank you all SO SO much for replying to my post (pages back probably! ) and sharing your thoughts about how you are feeling towards LO. :thumbsup:

Shelbie - have you got a name for your little boy? So exciting!! baby7

Anna - you will feel alot better after your 20 weeks scan, I felt like you at 14 weeks and I am still bad, but alot better now we've had our 20 week scan. Plus I felt movement from around 17 weeks, and that puts your mind at rest too. :D

Mum82 - the pain sound horrendous and lack of pay too. I have very disturbed sleep as my hips kill me in the night (as I am lying on my side) but not in the day. I hope it improves?? :tears:

Amazing grace - woo woo for the pram being delivered! If i can remember correctly we are due at a similiar time? end of aug?? ?(

Rally girl - made me chuckle...men having babies...they couldn't cope!!!! ?o(

Adreamz - glad hubby is getting on board with buying pg related gear. Mine is the same. you make me feel guilty going to yoga, [zx062]

Caz - oooooo, tuesday!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:labour:

Booboo -i'm with you....Ah-va - WTF?! just be done with it and call her Ava (ayva) but think celebs have a duty to curse their children with stupid names they will probably want to change by de-poll when they are older...I mean Apple....again poor child!!! bab14

Hoping - can you imagine...£100 on every maternity top in your wardrobe?!!!! [zx128] [zx128]

Taxi - glad you can bf. You must be relivieved that you have the option. [zx160]

Daisy - your pic of LO is very cute and nasal bone definetly there!! :weehee:

Well, I was bought a magazine subscription to 'Mother and Baby' by a friend and can very much recommend for anyone else out there. I am saving all old copies as each issue has pregnancy, birth, toddler etc articles in it. Very interesting. In it is a scarf you can buy specifically for breastfeeding.

I am going to buy one! It keeps your bub and boob covered!!! This is the link;

www.mamascarf.co.uk £17.99. Has different colours too.Think I will get the black and white.

I am definetly going to try to bf. Think I will see how I get on, then will order the elecrtic breast pump if I can do it (amazon are always super quick delivery.) My sister had a manual pump and it seemed to take forever.

i am going to get Dr Browns bottles, as they come highly recommended by friends and stops colicky babies. My and my dh have terrible tummies, [zx069] so can only think LO will inherit some of our bad bits!! :snigger:

Have been looking into prams and think I am going to get the Oyster travel system. It's the WHICH best buy. Has anyone looked into it? Am thinking if it's recommended by which they will have tested lots of different prams.

Anyway, thanks again to all for replying to my earler post and I am sorry if I have missed you out on a personal if you did reply to me. It's hard to keep up on her, but so very, very lovely to be able to chat with some other gorgeous beauties with bumps!!

Love tinyteacher xxxxx :xxx3: [zx033]
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Friday, April 15th 2011, 9:31am

Ha men having babies :snigger: , mind you when I get anything (which isn't often DH always seems to "get it too"!! so i'm sure he will feel my labour pains!!)
Mum, sorry to hear that you don't get sick pay, that must be really hard because it sounds very painful (and you work very hard!!). I hope they have given you some good pain relief, and I'm glad they will be keeping an eye on you. Is it likely that it will last the whole pregnancy now?
Amazing grace, you are probably best to speak with your doctor about breast feeding on levaxin (generic name is levothyroxin) but the BNF implies that the amounts in breastmilk are too small to effect babies.
Rallygirl, very jealous of you not working (although I think I might pull my hair out when I have to take my maternity leave so early). Probably for the best as being around those babies must have been very emotional for you. I cry when watching one born every minute :bawl: (still catching up on the series as I work lots of monday nights).
Tinyteacher, thanks for the link for the scalfs, I will have a look at them. Glad you are doing well and had a nice holiday [zx161] .
I have recorded the breast feeding programme so I'll try and watch that today. Its my last day off work, I have 1 day shift then 3 nights so I'm going to be exhausted!! Oh well not many days until I'm off on me holidays (15!!) 88) . Feeling very tired though because I don't really stop, must have a rest today!!
I hope everyone else is OK.
xxx

Friday, April 15th 2011, 10:07am

Morning Lovely Ladies.

Talking of scarves, they sound really nice but i've seen lots of women just drape a muslin square over their baby and boob, probably much cheaper but not as stylish!! I'm a very modest person and will most definitely want to cover up as best i can.

It's true that when i first gave up work i was bored as i have always worked and, being a nurse, was used to 12 hour shifts but it's what i needed at the time and now that i am pregnant i can relax whenever i want. At first i felt guilty but not anymore. Especially when i've got one of my hormone headaches,:headache What do i sound like??? I'm not that precious honestly!!!

God, it's taking me ages to type this message today, my mind keeps wandering all over the place. Think i'll give up just now and pop back later. I've got another visit to the dentist this afternoon and am dreading it.

Have a good day lovelies!!!

xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, April 15th 2011, 11:33am

Hi Ladies

Glad all is well with everyone desspite the aches & pains etc.
My doppler arrived today & I am sure I picked up babys HB and not mine. :)

Does anyone know where you can buy those BF slings?

TAke care all.
xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, April 15th 2011, 1:39pm

Hello ladies

yey its the weekend :cheese:

Well after much suspence (well i was anyway) Holly willobooby has finally had her little bundle.... calling her Belle. I like it but more as a nickname but it is pretty and not as crazy as some other sleb names. 4 weeks early and a tiny 5/lb too..awwwwww!!

Lots of talk about BF'ing slings. They sell loads on the internet all different colours and patterns. Think i'm going to make sure i get along with the BF'ing before buying all the pumps and slings though. i figure i can always nip to mothercare when BF'ing is established and buy all the slings and a decent pump (it'll be and excuse to get out and show buba off too :D ). I am going to get fully armed before buba's here with nipple cream, sheilds and pads though!!

Anyway not much to report from me so hope u all have good weekend and take care chickens xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, April 15th 2011, 2:34pm

Hello ladies!

It's almost weekend - yay!! Think it's going to be nice weather again on Sunday but probably not as hot as last weekend.

I like the name Holly has chosen, I suppose it's a short version of Isabelle, which I love. I wanted Isabella for a girl. Much better than Hero LOL!

Not much to report from me. Getting backache more now, especially if I walk for more than half an hour. I nipped to the shops yesterday lunchtime and after an hour walking around my bump felt so achey and heavy and my lower back throbbed. I had to sit down. I suspect that'll be the norm as my bump gets bigger and bigger. Did I mention I got a support band from Mothercare? I wasn't wearing it yesterday hence the pain but when I do wear it it really helps. I would recommend getting one if you suffer like me, it cost £8.

Staying at mums again tonight but going back home tomorrow to see DH. I miss him and don't like being away from him for more than 3 nights, so I'll stay at home tomorrow and then I will go back to mums on Sunday for a couple of nights, then hopefully go back home for good on Tuesday as the kitchen should be near done and the house not as messy.

Oh and I Sky plus'd that BF programming last night so going to watch that when I get to mums later - before dad gets home LOL!

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

Friday, April 15th 2011, 2:51pm

Rallygirl, I hope the dentist trip went ok.
Taxihome, which Doppler did you go for? I'm tempted to get one now, how long did it take to come?
Booboo, I might wait to get pumps etc too, you can't use them for a few weeks anyway, and like you say, a good excuse to get out!!
Hoping, wow only £8 for a support band, will definately get one if I start with any backache - and with my long shifts I'm sure I will!! I know what you mean about being away from dh, I'd like to visit my sister when my mat leave starts but I worry that dh will miss out on something if I'm away too long!!
Not as much movement today but I'm assuming this fluctuates so not panicking (yet).
I finished my book this morning (fiction) and picked up the baby whisperer to read but think it is a little early do im saving it for my mat leave.
Going to have my bridesmaid dress fitting today, for the wedding in cyprus, I hope they give me plenty of room to grow!!

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Friday, April 15th 2011, 3:01pm

Hi ladies,

Can i butt in the chat with a question please!

I will be 21 weeks pregnant tomorrow and for the last few days i have a pins and needles type discomfort (almost like i have been working out at the gym and pulled a muscle) under my right breast, in the rib area. It's not painful but just really uncomfortable. I rang my midwife today but she was off duty so she gave me the number of the maternity unit which i rang. They just asked me some questions, like is it a shooting pain, have you been bleeding etc. to which all the answers are no. And then said that it sounds like either the baby is pressing on something or it's just general stretching going on. She said to ring if it gets worse or changes.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks

blowkiss
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

Friday, April 15th 2011, 6:52pm

Quick rant...I'm really upset. Went for bridesmaid dress fitting and to no surprise it didn't. I had ordered the size up because I told then we were trying but didn't tell them I'd had a positive test because it was only 5 weeks (& I miscarried at that stage before). Anyways when I walked in I said I'm not sure it will fit. Put it on and couldn't do zip up. When I walked out and told the woman that I was pregnant she was like "oh I thought you meant you had put on weight" then she tried to squeeze me in!! I said " there is no point in doing that I've got 3 more weeks of growth yet!!"
Grrrrr

Friday, April 15th 2011, 7:16pm

adreams grrrrrrrr silly women bet u felt like hitting her!! some people are sooo stupid

babyslings sound great never had that with my son but will be going back to childminding this tme after a month of having baby so maybe a good idea when going to groups with a 12 month old too!! lol

so ive changed my work a bit (well one of my jobs) so be doing shorter shifts over 3 days instead of 2 think will help with all my pains! im not taking any pain killers and consultant said it will get worse as pregnancy goes on so also thinking of taking maternity leave a bit early at one of my jobs!! so complicated having two jobs! (3 infact but only get mat levae from the 2 paid!! lol)

take care all xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 8:12am

Just wanted to quickly pop in and say "hi". Mum is keeping me busy busy busy so don't have much time to post. Hope you are all well?

Will hopefully find some time over the next few days to post properly. I am managing to read through the posts though.

Love and belly hugs

My diary

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 6:02pm

Hello to all you yummy mummys! I can’t keep up with the thread, so have just replied to the first few that come up, but a big hello to all other mummies to be and I hope you are all doing well.

Blossom – Are you having back pain with this? I find if I sit at the computer for too long at work or stay still in one place for too long then I get back pain, which seems to go through to the area below my right breast also. I haven’t been worried about it because it does feel like muscular pain, but maybe this is the same as you have been getting. I think it may just be down to the way I’m sitting and the way the baby is lying. Hope it has eased for you.

BooBoo – good decision on waiting before getting slings and pumps etc, I miss being in the UK for that as I need to be ultra prepared and just buy all this stuff beforehand. On the breastfeeding topic, I don’t feel that self conscious about it and will be just whipping them out! I do live in a country where women get their boobs out left, right and centre and no-one bats and eye, which does make it easier.

Mum82 – pleased to hear that you will be taking it easier at work. That sound like a good plan!

Adreamz - just a suggestion – it may not work, but if you needed sometime taken off the length of the dress, could you not get a bit added in around the seams at the back to give you more room? Not sure if it is doable or not, but worth a suggestion!

Hoping – I love those support bump bands and wear them all the time! I got one black and white from Mammas and Pappas and they have been worth every penny!

AFM – We think we’ve finally decided on one definite boys name and one definite girls name! We have decided to keep them to ourselves until the birth though. I have a huge long list and we like these names the best. The only thing we need to decide is on the amount of middle names. I would love for our baby to have a Norwegian type middle name seeing as he/she is being born here, but we also have middle names that have been passed through the family that we would need to include. I’d gladly not include them, but I love them also. DH has 2 middle names and isn’t keen as he says that there is never enough room on forms! He also had a nightmare in that his parents named him, but he is and always has been referred to by his first middle name – so very confusing and we won’t be doing that!
I’m feeling really emotional just now. The slightest thing is making me cry and I feel like I’m being a bit weird with my DH. Bless him, he’s an absolute darling and I could not ask for a more supportive and wonderful DH – he’s aware it is just the hormones I think!! I particularly cannot stop thinking about all my wonderful FZ friends who are still struggling. I feel utterly blessed and so in love with my little baby already and I just want the same for all of them too.

Anyway monster post!, away to visit a friend and having a lovely night in with my DH. We have friends coming over for Sunday roast tomorrow, which will be nice too. Hope you all have lovely weekends xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 6:18pm

Adreamz - I went for the angel doppler but I am having trouble distinguishing between mine at buba's HB. I know Bubs is faster but I have a fast heart rate anyway as I suffer Atrial Fibrillation.
I woiuld suggest get a digital one if you can. They are a few pounds more & I wish I hgad a digi one.

Daisy - Enjoy your mummy.

Mum82 - Thats a great idea to change your shifts.

Blossom - I recall in my previous pregnancys that I hgad this a lot. You get all sorts of stretching & pains.

Have a lovely wekend all. I cant see any further back.

xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 7:43pm

Haven't posted on this thread today but i've been sitting at my laptop for about an hour and feel a headache coming on, noooooooooooooooooo :headache I had one pretty much all day yesterday.

So think i'll just say a quick hello to all the lovely 2nd tri ladies and hope you have a good evening and enjoy Sunday!!!

I'm getting very bored of these headaches now!!! :headache Need a head transplant!!!

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rallygirl" (Apr 16th 2011, 7:49pm)

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Saturday, April 16th 2011, 8:33pm

Thanks AG and Taxi. Yes i do get back pain aswell and work at a computer so it may be that. Maybe i just need to walk around a bit more to prevent being in one position for a long period of time.

Thank you :)
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 8:23am

Good morning ladies, looks like it's going to be sunny day :cheeers:

Adreamz - as AG said could they not put something in the side, which gives it more give? You're right the movements do fluctuate. My little boy was pretty quiet on Friday night and most of yesterday but this morning he has had a biig wriggle, so much so my belly went lopsided again and it's like his bum was stuck in the air LOL! xx

Mum - how you manage 3 jobs with a toddler and a bump I don't know. Amazing!! Glad to hear you're doing shorter shifts, hopefully that will help xx

AG - how exciting you have chosen names. Are you keeping the sex a surprise? xx

Blossom - I'm sure Booboo had a similar pain a few weeks back and spoke to her midwife about it. Can't remember what she said though sorry but don't think it was anything to worry about xx

Rallygirl - hope the headaches ease. I suffered with a few around 15 weeks or so. I took paracetamol and would get DH to massage my head, which helped xx

Hi to everyone else and hope you're having a nice weekend.

I came back home yesterday after a few days at mum and dads. The kitchen is taking shape though still a lot to do. The walls are plastered and part of the flooring is down. They're back tomorrow to finish the flooring and start fitting the units, so I'm going back to mums later and will stay there tonight and tomorrow and then hopefully when I come back home on Tuesday the kitchen will be almost finished and we may have some cooking facilities connected as at the moment all we have is a kettle and a fridge LOL! Can't believe how much dust plastering creates!

Not really much else to report. At the hospital on Thursday for a GTT test so praying I haven't developed diabetes. Not looking forward to fasting for 12 hours or so but hey ho. Only 3 days in work this week and then I am off for 12!! Can't wait. My time off will be spent doing finishing touches to the kitchen, lunch with friends, and our 4D scan on 28th!!!

Bye for now.

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 8:51am

Morning ladies!

managing to get a few minutes this morning so thought i would try to catch up!!

Blossom - so with you on the back ache - I get it all the time, only sitting makes it better. I'm not complaining yet though - am sure it will get worse!! Worth it though...

Rallygirl - so sorry you have been suffering with the headaches. I don't know what to suggest other than be my mum and say "drink plenty of water and get lots of rest". Big hugs to you xxx

Taxi - I got the sonoline doppler and it has been really good. In regards to the heartbeat, the baby's is sooooo clearly faster, even with your elevated heartbeat, there should be a distinct difference. just don't confuse it with the two arteries you have either side of your uterus.

Amazing Grace - well done on choosing the names!! We are only at the stage where we are thinking of all the silly names - the serious stuff will come later on I am sure! And you enjoy the emotions hun, you are allowed to cry att the drop of a hat xxx

Hoping - I remember well the carnage that having our kitchen done caused so I totally sympathise. it will look great when it is done though. At least you have been able to get away from it for a few days. I suffer from back ache too - will buy one of those support bands to suggested.

Mum - HOW do you keep down so many jobs? You are so hard working! Godd that you have stepped of the peddle a little now though. Just think how lovely it will be when you have bubba and just that one important job of being a mummy!! I looked into your condition and OUCH hun, how do you cope with it? I just can't imagine having to deal with that along with general pregnancy symptoms too. Hugs xxx

Adreamz - I agree with what the others have suggested. Maybe an extra pannal on each side to allow for extra growth?

BooBoo - we have a labrador too, he's looking forward to being the chief babysitter!! I had to laugh at a post you made a while ago about choosing a car that's big enough for the baby AND the labrador - that's exactly the same conversation we keep having!!

Tinyteacher - been having lots of conversations about prams so will look into that Oyster travel system. i can't get over how expensive prams can be!! My DH has suggested we get the parents to go halves with us.

AFM - having a chilled Easter holidays. Going to watch the marathon coverage this morning them we are off out for lunch yummmmmy. Mum is looking after me and fussing!! She is getting VERY excited at the prospect of being a first time granny!! We bought a glider chair off ebay. It is a dulatier and we got it for....£36!! What a BARGIN!!!! It is in mint condition too.

My diary

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 2:32pm

Hey all

Mum, gosh you work like a trooper!!! Bless you, you could do with putting your feet up and resting right now.

Daisy- glad you are hacing a good time with your mum, bet she is so excited as this is her first grandchild.

Blossom - try to take the advice of the hospital, but monitor the situation. Ring back if there are any changes. I get weird pains all the time, they come and go.

Adreamz - i have some days when I can feel baby more than others, but read somewhere not to monitor movement until 28 weeks+. Think it is because there is lots of room in there and depends on where baby is as to how much you can feel.

Rallygirl - make sure you lie down with a cold flannel on your head. Might help with the headaches. I have had more since being pg, but they come and go. Also, drink plenty of fluids, that should help too.

Amazing grace - are you going to tell us your names?????!!!!

Taxi - I guess the more you use the doppler, the better you will get at differentiating between you and babies heartbeat.

Hoping - your time apart from DH will be worth it when you move back in and have a brand, spanking new kitchen to delia smith in!!!

BooBoo - can't see far back to your post, but didn't want to leave you out, so big howdi to you too!!

AFM - have just come back from my friends house, she has 2 kids and has given us loads of her baby things.

We have got; a wooden cotbed, cotbed covers, blankets, video baby monitors, baby ring for swimming in, medela breast pump (can be sterilised), top and tail bowl, cot mobile, some maternity clothes....we gave her £180. Think we have got a bargain !!!! (she is a very close friend, wouldn't have felt right having it f.o.c.)

Have told DH the baby things can't come in the house though (too afraid to jinx anything) so will put in the garage for now. She told me not to bother with an electric / microwave steriliser and to get a cold water one, worth about £4!!

She recommended Gina Ford for her breastfeeding programme. Told me that the mw said, don't bother with getting formula, lots of bottles etc. beacuse then you are destined to fail at it. Get your head around the fact that you WILL bf!! That's PMA for you , hehe!!!!

Anyway, off to grout the bathroom and re-paint the bathroom ceiling!!!

TT xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests

FERTILITYZONE