You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 6:40pm

Hi everyone - gosh it sounds as if a few of us are not feeling great huh?

Shelley - glad you are out of hospital and all is good with the wee'un.

Lorraine - hope you're managing to stay out of hospital and are feeling better

Rocky - sorry you're feeling lousy - are you staying off tomorrow aswell to give yourself a break ?- breathlessness and tiredness can also be a sign of low iron levels have they been checked lately? I don't expect the exhaustion is helping when your struggling to come to terms with your trousers :S

Hazy - great news about your scan - this baby is telling you outright what they think of cameras!

Booboo - lol at your comment about the second trimester - my books all say "around this time you will start to feel great!" None of them say "around this time you will start to feel pure shite"!! :snigger:

Amazing Grace - gIad to hear your midwife appt went well - I love hearing the heartbeats - it's just magic!

Hey to everyone else out there feeling rubbish or even blooming and blossoming!

I've had groin pain all week which has made it difficult to sit, stand or lie down - lieing down is the worst - doctors put it down to either a kidney stone or the weight of my uterus pressing on the urethra - went for a private scan and gynae appointment yesterday which reassured me alot as they were both wriggling around like mad :) - no pictures either though as the machine was new and the doc didn't know how to do them - he couldn't operate the volume either so we were deafened by the beat of one so he only looked at the other twin's heart! He also told me it was ok to take paracetamol so I am able to get some sleep now which I've been doing most of the day and am going back to do soon ;) x

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:53pm

Hi all

I often have a look in this room to see what's going on with everyone as I'm 19 weeks and very curious to see what's normal!

Rocky - your post about having an issue with getting bigger is the reason I'm writing. Even though I love the bump I have a real issue with not being in control of the weighing scales anymore and not being able to have a few days of good dieting when I'm feeling fat. I've put on about 7lbs and I've found it quite difficult to deal with pyschologically, especially fighting the urge to let myself go hungry as I normally would. Now when I get hungry I imagine baby being hungry and I can't allow that! I hope I don't sound like a nutter.

I hope eveyone feeling under the weather start to feel better soon.

xxx
Maggiemay

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 10:06am

Hi all,

Got a couple of days off work to chill and just thought i'd pop in x

Thanks for your lovely messages, i'm feeling a lot better now and after a midwife appointment yesterday have been put on iron tablets.

I hope everyone starts feeling well again soon, its very hard and it does take its toll but this is an amazing part of our lives and feeling our LO's wriggling around in there is just the best.

Rocky/Maggie - I avoid the scales totally after finding out that at around 10 weeks I had put on about 10lbs due to the steroids i was on!!!! I was horrified and vowed not to torture myself with it. Now i am further along and off the steroids, my puffyness has disappeared and most of the weight i'm putting on is all baby (and very out in front like a football!) and its amazing to see how huge your belly can stretch! i'm 28 weeks tomorrow and am going to take a pic to keep a memory of how big my belly is. Just think - after your gorgeous little ones have arrived, you'll have so much going on that the extra pounds will start dropping away without you even noticing! This is 10 months out of my life that i can happily say 'I dont give a crap'!! :)

Take care all and look after yourselves xxxx

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 10:52am

Rocky/maggie. I've always been fit and doing lots of exercise making sure I ate healthily on the whole. Now I've put on 1 stone and I really haven't got much of a bump so hate to think where it's gone!!! I'm going to try and do a little more now I'm feeling a little more energetic but if I'm hungry I'm just going to eat and worry about loosing the weight after!
Rocky hope you are resting today.
Booboo how often do you feel bubbles? I think I feel them but in really not convinced. I wanted to take weekly photos but last time I got pregnant I took a photo and mc 2 days later so now I'm too scared!!
Hazy I wish I got a 16 week scan, I'm the same as rocky and have 2 weeks to wait (12 days and counting!!) shame you didn't get a pic though.
Shelly glad you are feeling better.
I managed to do an aerobics workout last night, was a little strange doing low impact but nice to do something energetic!! However got woken by my nephew at 6am this morning so feeling very tired now!!! Can I ask those with previous children do you pick them up? I lift my neice and nephew in and out of bath and into chair etc bu t wonder if I shouldn't even do that. Keep waiting for my bump to suddenly be there one morning, I'm sure that it's more of a gradual thing though.
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 11:01am

Hello lovelies.

its funny how we can still worry about our weight when preg. I've always kept my weight down all my adult life and i'm now trying to embrace the one time i'm 'allowed' to get bigger. though it is difficult sometimes when some people take it upon themselves to start calling me 'fatty'. i try not to get offended cos they wouldn;t say it if i was really fat rather than preg but it still annoys me. even my mum goes on at me saying 'u wont be able to eat like u do now after the baby'. it really pisses me off people thinking they are allowd to comment on my weight just cos i'm pregnant. anyway, i'm embracing my bump cos the more it grows the more i know my buba is growing, and most important thing is to get a nice healthy baby out of this.

maggie - i know what u mean thinking when yor hungry that baby might be too. glad its not just me thinking like that!

my midwife told me to listen to my body anyway, so when i'm hubgry i eat. i'll spend the rest of my life dieting so all counting calories is out the window for now.

i bet from outsiders we'll look all lovely and blooming. but i think people can be hard on themselves and worry about how much weight they put on during pregancy too.

anyway - look at myleene Klass and Holly Willoughby. they both have nice big lovely bumps and they are both gorgeous.

rant over...lol

i'm off work today. i think i have tonsilitis. i have a dr's apt at 4 but not sure if they'll give me anything for it. i hate it cos i can;t eat or drink much cos it hurts and that makes me feel sick and then i get acid in my throat.... not a good combination.

adreamz - i feel bubbles at least once a day now. at fist it was only every few days though and i didn't feel anything until 20 weeks (so when i was at the same stage as you i'd not felt anything yet). i felt a bit of jabbing last night too - but thats certainly not everyday. sorry to hear about your m/c before, no wonder u were scared of taking bump pics. i'm superstitious sometimes too like that. i'm sure you'd be safe enough to do it now if your felt comfortable enough. or some of my friends just have piccies of when they were late on in pregnancy just to remember it.

hope all you lovely's are ok. xxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 3:44pm

Hi everyone! It's ages since I've been on here and I haven't got a hope of catching up with all the news but just thought I'd say hello. Shelley and Lozza - glad you are both on the mend and that both babies are doing well. Must have been quite frightening.

Booboo - how on earth do you find time to post on here so much - it's great! Just been into your profile to see your pics and that's a great bump you're cooking! ;) Didn't know about the profile thing so might see if I can update mine with some pics if I ever get around to DH taking some and uploading them! I still have an 'innie' but only just and it feels very weird!

Just been to the hospital for a 24 week check-up and the consultant has said I can go back to normal midwife/GP care - just keep an eye on back and UTIs. I'm really pleased. I've been feeling good generally - with lots of comments about how well I look - until this last week where I've started to feel exhausted. Oh and ughh - getting veins showing up more on my legs! Nooooo!!! The things we do for a little one! ;)

I guess we're all just about mid to end of second tri now so we can expect to feel a bit more tired - little ones are growing well and taking up all our energy. Reckon it's time to find some ways to have a pamper. I've been trying to cut down working hours a bit and I'm going to investigate pregnancy massages, manicures and chick flicks! Some time for me. Hmm, then there's the nursery to sort out, the house to clear, the windows to paint, the garden to sort....Oh well!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 4:29pm

Hi all,

Shinealight - hope your pains are better now after the rest and paracetamol. Shame that you couldn't get a photo but all least you know all is well!
Maggie - I'm really glad you posted so I know I'm not the only one that's bonkers. It is hard to deal with but I suppose we just have to keep thinking about the little baby at the end. It just seems alien to me to be 'letting myself go'. Athough that's not what I'm doing I still feel like I'm just getting fat through eating too much!
Shelley - did you have a blood test for your iron then or did the midwife just recommend the iron. Not sure if this is what I may need as well.
Adreamz - well done for the aerobics. There is no way in this world that I could even attempt anything like that at the moment so my hat goes off to you.
Booboo - really hope that you're feeling better soon and that the doc can suggest something to help you x
Harry - I know what you mean about so many jobs to do - I won't even let myself think about it all at the moment.

Well AFM... I've not been to work today but only because I've been on a training course instead. So it's been a nice day but I'm still feeling totally exhausted and had to keep sitting down during the day. Not sure I would've managed if I was at work. But I am planning on going in to work tomorrow. I have phoned the doc to see if I can get in to see the midwife tomorrow (she is only there on Fri mornings) but there are no appointments. I then tried to make an appointment with the nurse just to have a blood test for iron - but no appintments either. So I've called the midwife and left a message. I feel frustrated cos I'm not going to see the doctor as he would just say to see the midwife and I just feel like a number to them. It's not urgent as I've managed for weeks feeling like this so I'm not making a fuss and insisting an immediate appointment. But meanwhile I am finding it difficult to cope really. The stupid bloody job doesn't help and headteacher that has not tried to make things easier for me. People keep telling me to take time off - but it's not that easy with the subject I teach so I guess I'll soldier on. Sorry for the moan ladies xx

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Thursday, March 17th 2011, 8:37pm

smile2 hiya everyone, i should have joined this thread a few weeks ago as we are now 16 wks plus 3 ( dates got brought forward just havent got round to changing ticker yet) but have been reading all of ur posts almost daily and hearing u all have the same worries as me actually really helps :)

Rocky is it not part of your rights as a pregnant woman to get some kind of help from your emplyer for you this being through the head? i am a support worker and i have asked for a policy and procedure document and basically i have so many rights that no one bothered to tell me , one of which being they have to make changes to enable me to do my job the best i can..little things like if i request thye have to change my starting and finishing times so i dont get stuck in traffic on way home etc...cant think of any others but do u not have acontract similiar? ........same to everyone else ask for your workplaces policy for maternity

Booboo- sorry u havent been feelin to well hopefully ur trip to docs will give u something to help

Harry - i have soooo many jobs to do, top of the list start lookin for a bigger house, but have zilch energy to start any of them...uck well i hope the energy comes soon or babies will be here before i no it
s
Shinealight- the past few scan wev had of lo's one twin always right in front of the camers, the other one os always hiding, took almost an hour for them to do all the measurements at dating scan..meant we got to see our little beauties for ages tho :)
Afreamz- wey to go on the excercise the most iv managed is a little walkin really wanna start swimming soon but never feel up to it at the moment...still waitin for that burst of energy will it ever come ? lol

shelley hope those iron tablets do there job, just make sure u up ur veg and things coz they can make u constipated...and poo black..nice eh?

sorry if iv missed anyone , hiya to anyone i have xx

afm - sickness still comes to bite me in the bum every now and again, soooo tired and unable to nap most days as my 2 yr old has decided hes too much of a big boy to nap grrrr lol so in bed most nights by 9, these little twins really take some energy out of me to be growing so well, but at elast there both doing fab, had a mw appointment today and she let me here the heartbeats, 1 was alot quicker than the other, i wonder if that means 1 of each flavour..how lovely smile2
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

Friday, March 18th 2011, 9:40am

Morning lovely's

harry - ohh no, is it obvious i'm on here all the time... lmao i do office work now (i used to work on my feet all day in a lab before i was preggas) but they don't always give me enough to keep me that busy so i find myself browsing the web...mostly on here!! so thats my excuse for been a fz addict. anyway that time to yourself and pampering sounds good :thumbsup: i've left my hubby to do my decorating in the house ect and its great.

rocky - hope u can get your bloods sorted hun and hopefully its just a matter of needing some iron tablets to give u a boost. your headtacher sounds like a bitch!! no wonder your exhausted hun. you'd think in your profession the bosses would be sympathetic. have a nice relaxing weekend hun.

shadow - welcome to 2nd tri hun. no wonder your tired running around after your DS and carrying twins. Hope the sickness disappears completely for you soon, i found my disappeared by 16 weeks but it might be different u carrying 2 LO's.

AFM - had dr's apt yesterday and i have a virus not tonsilitis (so much for my self diagnosis..lol). so i can't take anything for it other than paracetamol and some syrup that is basically sugar and honey with no medicine in it. its my sore throat thats the worse cos i can't have throat lozanges and it hurts when i swallow. my indigestion was so bad last night too, i had to sit up in bed to sleep cos i kept feeling acid burning my throat when i was laid down - wasn't nice!

i'm hoping i'll feel better tomoorrow cos i planned to go for some maternity clothes and have a little shop. i'm spending today on the sofa so hopefully i'll start to feel better and enjoy some of the weekend.

Hope everyone else is ok...

Have we heard from Lozza this week ?( Hope she's mananged to stay out of hospital.

Have a nice weekend peeps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Friday, March 18th 2011, 11:06am

Good morning ladies!

Booboo you must have read my mind as I though when i woke up at my usual 3am pee I thought I really must get on FZ in the morning before everyone thinks Ive disappeared!!!! Any yes was back in blinking hospital on Wednesday and out again yesterday - oh well at least Im getting to know all the Dr and midwives now if nothing else!!!! My pesky ovary is still playing up, the good news after the scan on Monday was it has shrunk again so the dr was happy and said no more visits until 26weeks and then I landed myself back on Wednesday - my poor friend had come round to take me for lunch and when she arrived I was lying on the bathroom floor! Anyway same old story, severe pain in my right hand side which means I cant move, Im violently sick and in so much pain but it eases after a few hours and now today I feel fine again. Im just going to have to put up with it............good thing is again I had a scan and my wee man was rubbing his eye like he was sleep and opening and closing his mouth which was so cute. Onwards and upwards eh!!!!!

Booboo poor you feeling awful but glad you have some time off to try and get over it! Sounds yukky though especially when you thought it was tonsilitis and now its a virus with ust paraceteml to ease the pain (nothing like a bit of googling to self diagnose eh - why do we always do it!). Hopefully you will make it out shopping over the weekend and treat yourself to something nice. I bought some nice jeans, leggings, a skirt, cardie and 3 tops from topshop maternity on line last week and they arrived on Tuesday and for the first time ever I kept everything I ordered!!!!! They all look lovely although Im good few hundred quid lighter but I wont need anything else now hopefully as there is plenty of growing room in all of them! Im not great at shopping as nothing ever seems to fit me - 12 too small a 14 too big and everything is always too short in the leg - anyway was pretty chuffed - now all I need to do is stay out of hospital long enough so I can enjoy the clothes and go somewhere nice instead of Forth Park or my bed! hahaha!

Hello Shadow and welcome! Twinnies and a 2year old - wow! My neighbour has a 3 year old and she has twins 6 weeks ago and wee boy and a girl and although she did struggle the first week or so she is now in a lovely routine and said thank goodness her family is now complete and she doesnt have to get preggers again as they always wanted 3!!! I hope your sickness diappears soon, mine went at about 17weeks but I still have my moments when I have my head down the toilet! With the sound of the heartbeats maybe it is a boy and a girl - oh how exciting, are you going to find out or just wait for that surprise???

Hiya Rocky - so sorry you are having such a tough time! Your head teacher really does sound awful, I think you should look more into your maternity rights etc and see what you can do to improve things as you really sound like you need some time out hon. Shadow is right you should deffo ask for your policy and procedure doc. With regards to the midwife trauma you HAVE to get seen its so important and there is no way you should be getting brushed off - can you go to the antenatal department at your local hospital? Is there atriage department you can call and they will have you straight in and assess you and get to the bottom of it all. Feeling tired and awful constantly isnt something you should have to put up with 24 / 7. Look after yourself lovely.

Hiya Harry! SO glad to hear you are doing well now - so nice to hear you can go back to midwife/GP care. Cant believe how far along you are now, doesnt seem so long ago we were both doing our IUI! Im with you on the pampering thing - have been finding time to get my nails done which is nice and DH actually mentioned me having a yummy mummy to be pampering session at the local beauty salon (he has looked for me)! So hoping when I feel a wee bit better Im going for it! Let me know what chick flicks you are looking at - LOVE a good film, especially ones where I can cry, laugh and cry again! Isnt there always something to do in the house though? I darent even look in the back garden these days as its got half our kitchen sitting on the stairs, the other half is still in the kitchen and soon to be nursey id full of tiles a sink, and tools aarrgghhhhhh oh well at least I know it HAS to be done before my wee boy arrives so roll on July! Anything nice planned for the weekend?

Shelley Im with you on the 'dont give a crap' attitude towards the weight - although it was a struggle to think of my self getting big (Ive never been particularly small though) at the moment Im just so so happy that the baby is safe and well Im not really thinking about me. I do understand people worrying though but if you just make sure you make the right food choices and if we all remember we actually only need an extra 300 calories a day with the baby then the weight should come off easier afterwards! Im hoping to breastfeed which seemingly helps shift the weight and I have a dog so will be walking everyday so Im hoping I will be back in my pre pregnancy jeans before his 18th birthday haha! And you are right feeling our wee ones wriggle about is just amazing!!!!!!

Hi Shinealight! How is that groin pain doing? Hope you are feeling better in time for the weekend! Great news you saw your wee ones and everything is looking good - isnt it funny how we dont care about us as long as those little ones are happy and healthy!

Adreamz - good that you are managing to exercise I wish I was feeling up to going to the gym - I cant even walk my dog at the moment because of the pain so DH has been dropping him off at doggie day care everyday for past few weeks! Picking up you niece and nephew is absolutely fine as long as you felt comfortable doing it - my friend has 5 kids (2sets of twins eek) and she had to just get on with it while preggers and all of her babies and healthy ad happy although she is shattered!!!!! Bump wise I swear it just pops out all of a sudden, I was fitting into my normal jean no probs until ast week and then all of a sudden 20week and BAM its maternity clothes and leggings all the way!

Maggie - I do understand about your weight gaining issues but it really isnt for long and when you are showing off that beautiful bump and then carrying around your amazing baby that YOU made it will all seems worth it! Before Xmas we will all be back on our diets and trying to get into our pre-pregnancy jeans!!!

Hoping - how are you lovely? So glad you have booked in your next scan - Im going to do the same today I think!

Right Ive blabbered on for long enough now and I better get some work done but hope youa re all ok and looking forward to the weekend!

Hello to everyone Ive missed.

Much love,

Lx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 6:25am

Good morning ladies! I know it's ridiculously early but I seem to be stuck in a rut of being so tired in the evening I have to go to bed by 8pm and wake up wide awake from 4am!! It is a good 8 hours sleep but I wish I could sleep in for longer, especially on a weekend. I try staying awake later but my eyes are too heavy and I reason why fight it. Oh well, at least on a weekend I can have a siesta!

Nat - sorry to hear about your groin pain and how frustrating that the doctor hadn't had proper training on the machine before using it. At least your twins are OK and hopefully the paracetamol can ease the pain. I take that for headaches, which I seem to get a lot of xx

Shelley - glad to hear you're OK. Totally agree with you - I don't care too about putting on weight, I'm loving it as it's just part and parcel of being pregnant. Like you I think I will have a bump that looks like a football stuck in my belly as it's taking that shape though at the moment it's more like a rugby ball LOL! I am putting on weight on my backside and thighs but I don't care. Fortunately I still look slim above my bump. I've said I plan to go walking everyday with the baby in his pram so hopefully that will help shift a few pounds! Are you in the third trimester now hun? How exciting xx

Adreamz - good on your for doing an aerobics class. I have no energy whatsoever. Walking is an effort though I do walk for 20 minutes a day (from work to the station LOL). It's nowhere near as much as I use to do but it's something. Last weekend me and DH went for a 3 mile walk on the trail near us and I felt tired after it and my belly gets crampy xx

Booboo - sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell. I have had nose bleeds too and get so bunged up at night. Re the bubbles you're feeling does it feel like one bubble that is floating to the top of your belly then it pops? I have that kind of feeling but not often. I feel very light taps now and then and he moves around so much in my belly but still waiting for his first big kick. It's mad how some women feel it much sooner isn't it? xx

Harry - I was at the hospital on Wednesday and they too said they're happy with my progress so far so now I have my other appointments with my community midwife. I just need to go to the hospital at 26 weeks and 36 weeks. Totally with you on the pampering. I really want a back massage as my back is starting to ache more and more xx

Rocky - I hope you get to have an iron test soon so you can see if that's what is making your exhausted xx

Shadow - welcome! Wow you will have your hands full with a 2 year old and twins. Will you be finding out the sex at 20 weeks? xx

Lozza - sorry to hear your ovary is still giving you jip. It sounds really painful. Cute that your little man was rubbing his eye though, bless him. Those clothes you bought sound like they were expensive - a few hundred quid liighter?! I must admit I think a lot of the maternity stuff is quite expensive. I've been looking for a dress for a wedding we're going to in May but when I google maternity occasion dresses the prices are ridiculous, as in over £100 and to wear it just once or twice it's just not worth it I don't think. I'd rather spend the money on baby stuff. Hopefully I'll find a nice dress for about £50 in one of the high street stores or on ASOS, which I love! xx

Hi to everyone else :hi:

AFM - I was at the hospital on Wednesday and was suppose to see the consultant but he had been called to an emergency so we just saw one of the midwives. She checked my blood pressure, urine and we listened to the heartbeat, which was lovely and strong. They seem happy with my progress so far so said for future appointments I can see my community midwife, which is just around the corner from my house, so I'm booked in on 13 April, when I will be just over 25 weeks. I do have to go back to the hospital at 26 weeks for a GTT test. Has anyone else been offered this? It's a test for diabetes and I have to fast from 10pm and go in the following morning, drink some strange liquid then have a blood test every hour for about 3 hours. I'm dreading the fasting as I feel sick if I don't eat. She said I am allowed sips of water. I'll be wasting away LOL! I have PCOS hence the test.

Not really much else to report. Visting mum and dad today so looking forward to seeing them.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 8:56am

Hi girls,

Am finally joining the 2nd tri thread, recognise a few names on here from the first tri, to all others a very big :hi:

I am now 17weeks 1 day.

Am STILL absolutely knackered, anyone else the same????!!

From reading a few posts above, it seems I am not the only one, which makes me feel less freakish as everyone keeps telling me I should be having loads of energy now..?!

Have started to feel quite a few flutters in the same place, low down in my abdomen, which feels really quite weird tbh!!!

Have put on 8lbs, which I have been told is ok and quite normal.

Have eaten crap since becoming pg, which is NOT me!!! I am normally a ryvita, lettuce, fruit and healthy kinda girl. But craving carbs, totally gone off meat and food in general.

Loving sweets and stodge.

Am only 5ft 3" so I am not going to be a tiny teacher for much longer at this rate!!!!!

aNYONE else the same?

Not sleeping particularly well, sleeping on my side, but getting woken up with numbness down the side I am lying on, so am constantly switching sides through the night.

I am going to look for a pg pillow, have just read up on them on the internet.

Anyone recommend what else to do to ease the numbness, or has anyone else had it???

Sorry for lack of personals, but will pop by more regularly from now on.

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 11:39am

Morning! Beautiful morning down here - cold and sunny. DH has some German friends to stay and they've headed into town so I've got some peace and quiet for a while. Might take myself for a swim which might mean braving the scales there. Thankfully I don't have any at home. I had put on 6.5kgs last time I went there but that includes the summer in the run up to IVF when I was eating loads and the first trimester when eating all the time stopped me feeling sick! You'd think that stopping drinking alcohol would mean you'd lose some calories but I think I've been making up for them elsewhere!

Lozza - I know, it's weird but fantastic that just about a year ago, we were going through IUI. Last year felt crazy - 3 IUIs and an IVF between January and October but I know how fortunate I am to be on here now after just a year of going through all of that. I'm sorry you're still not well - that sounds like a bit of a nightmare but what a great DH - mine is lovely but can't ever imagine him having the initiative to be hunting out mother to be pamper sessions for me! As for chick flicks, I just had a look on Amazon. Reckon I might try some of the oldies that I've never seen - not necessarily chick flicks but things like Gone with the Wind, the Great Escape, Some Like it Hot etc. Will order a few and try to get some precious down time to watch them without DH making sarcastic remarks!

BooBoo - sorry you're still now well. Hope the weekend sees that throat easing a bit. And Rocky - sounds like that head is being really unreasonable. That's really unfair. They must have (or the authority must have) some policies for pregnant women - surely?!

Lozza, Shadow - you make me feel better re lots to do in the house. Not sure how this will ever get done. My parents are down at Easter and have offered to help (I want to do things like paint the outside upstairs windows) so that might help. New kitchen would be lovely but not sure our post IVF finances will stretch to that! I work pretty long hours and don't want to spend the whole weekend every weekend doing DIY either!

Hello to everyone else I've missed! Hope you're enjoying a good weekend.

Getting a much better bigger bump now and love it and am starting to feel really quite excited! DH has nicknamed bump 'Samson' after our session looking at names. Hope that doesn't stick! ;)

Ok, time to get out and enjoy that sunshine! Have a great weekend!

Harry x

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 4:42pm

hiya,

I'm off to third tri next week, will be a shame to move over there as this chat thread has been lovely. Will be exciting though!!!

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 4:01pm

Just wondering.... is anyone else suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 5:51pm

Good luck Shelley! Hopefully see you there in about 3 weeks' time!

Harry x

Monday, March 21st 2011, 9:02am

Well wrote a message on here yesterday but for some reason its not on here today :-(

I'm feeling rough!! Babysitting for a 4 year old and 2x 2year olds is exhausting at the best of times, but with the added pressures of pregnancy it made it 10x's worse!!! And to top it off I developed a horrible viral cold on friday night (probably from the little ones) and it is still here today!!!

Shelbie, I didn't realise that carpel tunnel was a symptom in pregnancy, that can be very painful I hope that you are ok. Good luck in 3rd trimester.

Harry, its cute having a nickname for you LO we just call ours baby, which got a little confusing with my neice who loves babies!! When did your bump really start growing?

Tiny teacher, welcome to 2nd trimester. How did your 12 week scan go? I get pains in my hips at night, find not wearing anything tight (i.e stopped wearing knickers) and putting a normal pillow between my legs helps, was thinking of buying a pregnancy pillow just haven't had change to look yet.

Hoping, I have 1 polycystic ovary and they mentioned to me that I would have to have a random blood sugar, if this was high then I would have to have the lucozade test (GTT). My sister had it, she suffered really bad morning sickness, but she thought it wasn't too bad as they got her in very early in the morning. I've been advised not to have anything sugary before my original test but they haven't told me when that will be, have you had your random blood sugar taken?

Booboo sounds like I have the same virus as you, my DH keeps telling me to take something and I explain that I really don't know what I'm allowed, its the sore throat thats the worse. Has yours gone yet (just trying to work out the duration). I went off my food on saturday and didn't feel nauseous at all so got a little worried and very tearful. I can't believe we have to wait 4 weeks from hearing babies HB to having a scan, thought about making a midwife appointment today but think she would be annoyed if I just said I wanted to hear babies hb!!

Shaddow welcome.

Rocky how are you doing? What day is your sca next week?

AFM: well as I have mentioned I got a little anxious over the weekend and spent alot of it crying, think it was a mixture of exhaustion and feeling ill (although I watched the kings speach and I was in floods at the end, its a good film, but I wouldn't normally cry over something like that, must be my hormones). Anyway was lying in bed this morning motivating myself to get up and felt this sensation in my summy, a bit like a muscle twitch. I put my hand down and felt it again, probably 4 times, I called DH and told him to come and feel as I think it was the baby kicking and he felt it too. It was a lovely feeling and I hope it happens again soon :-) I think this has resolved my anxiety for the time being and has made my cold feel 10x's better (well maybe not but certainly put a smile on my face!!)

Monday, March 21st 2011, 9:49am

Morning huns.

i'm back at work today. i think i'm over the virus but i still have a stuffy blocked nose and one of those annoying coughs that keep u awake at night. at least the sore throat has gone though and i feel better.

I dragged myself shopping on sat for some maternity clothes after having 2 days on the sofa i thought getting out the house would do me good. there's some nice maternity wear in George (asda) at the mo, at decent prices too.

i feel buba everyday now but its still mainly just flutters and movement, i've felt no kicks yet and she does a few jabs but they are still few and far between. I'm 23 weeks today.... yippee! when i'm 24 weeks next week does that mean i'm 6 months preg?? cos people always ask how many months preg i am as oppose to weeks.....

Lozza - sorry to hear u were back in hosp again. hope the pain has stayed away now. bless your Lo rubbing his little eyes....so cute. you take it easy hun and xfingers theres no more hospital visits for you xx

Hoping - u are an early bird arn't u hun. i've been manging to stay up until about 10 ish on a weekend and maybe a 7 to 8 am sleep in so i'm not big on the lie ins either at the mo. Glad your apt went well weds, i've not heard of having to do the GTT test thought while preg. urrgh.... it'll kill me not been able to eat and having to fast.....lol. xx

Tiny teacher - good to see u on 2nd tri hun :thumbsup: . i'm 5ft 3 too and used to be tiny ..... i aint tiny no more... :snigger: i think i started as 8 stone 7 before tx and i weighed myself yesterday amd i'm 10 stone :huh: i was like 'bloody hell...... how did that happen'. lol. so thats means i've put on 1 and a half stone so far and i've got 17 weeks to go yet. i have a carb craving myself though, but i've gone off sweets and chocolate which is a bit annoying cos i want to like chocolate...so i keep tasting it to make sure i don't like it :snigger: can't really help u on the numbness, sounds like it just because your sleeping in the same position thats causing it. a pregnancy pillow might do the trick. i use pillows under my bump and legs but i'm still restless on a night xx

harry - have u started the naming hunt then too? i think we are down to 2 now. every now and then i come up with another name and hubby gets all stressed cos he only like to have a few to choose form where as i have a huge list of names i like. its hard finding ones u both like. good to hear 'samson' is getting bigger. i love it feeling proper preggaz.. xx

shelly - congrats on reaching 3'rd tri. bet your so happy :D xx

adreamz - my sore throat has gone now hun. it lasted about 3 days. i took paracetamol but the dr said i couldn't take anything else, not even throat lozenges. so i was eating calypso ice lollies to numb my throat abit. so if i were u hun i's stick to the paracetamol and maybe try icecream/ ice lollies for your throat. there's nothing worse than a sore throat, especially on a night when it drys up and u wake up in agony. hope u feel better soon hun. and if u want to visit your midwife i saw mine in an 'emergency' before my 20 week scan cos i'd not felt buba and i was worried and she was really nice about it. its what they are there for if your worried and can't wait 4 weeks for the next apt. just say u've been worried (even if i haven't) ;) xx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Mar 21st 2011, 9:52am)

Monday, March 21st 2011, 11:00am

Hey me too ADreamz - I just spent an hour writing a message and it hasn't appeared grrr - I'll pop back later!
Nat x

Monday, March 21st 2011, 11:46am

Booboo I never thought of icelollies [zx161] , will definately try that thanks!!!

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Monday, March 21st 2011, 12:28pm

Hmmmm....I've debated with myself whether to post this or not, but I know you girls are wise enough to make decisions for yourselves!

It's related to you Adreamz wanting to hear the heartbeat. You may well have heard of this already so apologies if you have, but I bought a fetal heart monitor from Amazon for £30. It's just a palm sized piece of equipment that lets you hear the baby's heartbeat! I read lots of reviews and many said they couldn't hear anything as whether you can hear it depends on a number of things, such as the position of the baby, the position of the placenta etc and if you can't hear it I guess it can cause a lot of unecessary worry and wasted time contacting the professionals. However, having said that, I got one anyway and can hear baby's heartbeat very clearly! It's quite funny as you an hear baby moving away and can end up chasing baby around your tummy!

We listen every night and although sometimes you can't it quite as clearly, it's lovely just to get that extra comfort.

If you think of getting one please google and read the negatives first - I'd hate to be the reason any of you were caused unecessary anguish x
Maggiemay

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, March 21st 2011, 12:47pm

I got one too Maggie, haven't used it much this time round but did a lot with DS1. You definitely can't hear as early as they claim but a good comforter when you can. Especially on days when you think you haven't felt much. Think I got mine on EBay (I'm an addict).
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, March 21st 2011, 4:58pm

My post just disappeared as well!
Midwife called back today and just said if I need a break to see doc and get a sick noe as my body might just need more rest.
Going to ask the Headat my school to do a risk assessment for my job as apparantly we are supposed to have one. Don't think it will make much difference though.
Hope everyone is OK. Sorry for lack of personals but think the site is dodgy at the moment! x

Monday, March 21st 2011, 7:17pm

Just wrote a big message and its gone, so just a quickie!

I've been feeling movement too!! On Saturday we were away for a lovely luxury weekend - a treat from DH's work, when I was so sure that I felt the baby. DH put his hand on my tummy and felt it too in exactly the same place. Was like a soft flutter and utterly amazing - so pleased DH felt it too. I've got my biggy scan on Friday and must admit that i'm starting to feel a little nervous. I just hope and pray all is ok with our little one. They check everything and very thoroughly.

Thinking of you all xxx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Monday, March 21st 2011, 8:51pm

hey all wow uts been busy again

we went to euro disney for the weekend and oh my gosh the walking was stupid, i had quite a bit of pain and tiny bit of bleeding after a mad weekend sure its all fine and i just over did it lol

this baby is sooooo livley all the time its fab i love it. 2weeks till next scan xxxxxxx

hope everyone is well xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Monday, March 21st 2011, 8:58pm

Hi girls,

Thanks for reassurances about weight, numbness etc.

BooBoo went for our 12wk at 13 wks (was on holiday) only to find baby was 14weeks!

Had a nurse who had no job satisfaction and rushed us through scan, was a little disappointed after our (paid for) 8 week scan. But NHS for you I suppose.

Have been lying on a pillow last few nights and have slept a bit easier. Might get a pg pillow though, have seen them in a mag.Thanks for tip. x
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Monday, March 21st 2011, 9:06pm

thought I would post then carry on in case it deleted like other ladies' posts.

mum82, how far are you along now?

Amazing grace, how lovely that Dh felt flutterings too, mine are quite light and I can't feel them from the outside with my hand. Hopefully in the next few weeks though...

Rocky, I am sorry for you that your head is being unhelpful, you can contact your NUT rep and start keeping a log of incidents to protect yourself.

Maggie - the heartbeat monitor sounds like a great little device, I think I would become obsessed and want to have it permanently plumbed in though!!!!!!

Booboo - hope you are feeling better and more like your old self before having the lurgy. Topshop has got a really good range in, and does maternity clothes that are clones of normal clothes on the shop floor, great pair of black soft trouser type skinny jeans, £35, great for with boots now and in summer with ballet pumps. Lovely tops too. I got a plain black lycra skirt for £15, dead comfy and bargain in my opinion!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Off to bed now, love to all others who I haven't posted to. xxxxxxxxxxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

My diary

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 8:35am

Maggie, I have thought about getting one, I rtied to listen with my stethoscope but could only hear my heart beat, a friend is going to get me one of the old fashion devices but only DH will be able to hear it, thought this might be better because if he couldn't hear I would put it down to poor technique!! Another friend has a monitor so I might ask her if I can borrow it, I've heard you shouldn't do it too frequesntly mind.
Caz I just ralised that you are 35 weeks which means your baby could come anytime!!! How very exciting. I watched one born every minute last night and I just can't wait!! :biggrin:
Rocky good advise from your midwife, if work are not going to be kind and help you out then you shouldn't bother going in!! Did your iron test come back? Something to be happy about...we have our scans next week!!! happydance
Amazing grace, feeling it myself is wonderful but DH feeling it too was the best don't you think. However, now DH keeps lifting up my top expecting to feel it every time, I've explained that it won't always happen, but he is so excited now!!! :clap
Mum, I hope the bleeding has stopped, we sometimes push ourselves to the limit because that is what we are use to but our bodies are telling us to slow down. Have a good rest now you are back (that made me laugh that you need a rest after a holiday!!)
Tinyteacher, I'm glad the pillow worked for you, I sometimes find that the pillow is not between my legs when I wake and that it usually when I have the pains, once I put it back I'm ok, I'm just worried if I get a pg pillow then I wont be anywhere near to dh in bed and we usually cuddle up!!
AFM: still feeling absolutely awful!! humph My nose is blocked, coughing continuously which hurts my throat. Does anyone know if vics is safe to rub on in pregnancy? I tried some lemon and honey last night but it tasted horrible!! Ive called in sick for tonight already because there is no way patients would want me around them. I'm just hoping dh doesn't catch it because he suffers from asthma!! I also wanted to go to yoga today but there is no way that I can :tear: Oh well I'll just rest up and hope that it goes away soon!! ohthedrama Stopped feeling sorry for myself now. Hope you all have a nice day xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "adreamz" (Mar 22nd 2011, 8:38am)

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 8:59am

Morning ladies

Adreamz - i'd go to the chemist hun and ask them whats safe. i personally wouldn't use the vix rub unless i was told i could. i was desperate for a throat lozange the other day but i'm glad i resisted cos the dr and pharmacist told me i could only have paracetamol and honey and lemon syrup. i think the vix does have pharmaceuticals in there so prob best to ask your pharmacist. Hope u get better soon hun, i know how u feel. mines just starting to go but i staill have a blocked nose and a very irritating cough X( xxxx

TinyT - i never thought of topshop....oooh great, i'll have a look in there too. thing is with mat clothes is sometimes they can be dowdy so topshop sounds good if they are just clones of their normal clothes. btw... thats great u were further on that u thought after your scan, bet u were well pleased xxx

mum - sounds like a crazy weekend. hope u've recovered and glad the bleeding wasn't anything to worry about. xxx

A.Grace - good luck for your scan on friday, though i'm sure everything will be just fine :thumbsup: thats lovely your dh got to feel LO have a wiggle. my dh lays on the sofa with me with his hand pressed on my tum, but so far he's not felt anything yet. xxx

rocky - hope your work sort something out for u hun. If all else fails i was told by my IVF clinic that if i ever had trouble with work to go see my GP cos they are very powerful apparently. U shouldn't be over worked and getting yourself exhausted, its not good for u xxx

well i just wanted to ask a quick ques - i keep needing the loo every 1-2 hours cos i feel like i really need a big wee but when i go its only a little wee not a big one? is this normal? it doesn;t hurt or anything but i'm just worried i might have an infection cos i don't seem to have big wee's but i feel like i need one. also it can come on really quick and i'll need to rush for a wee..... anyone else had this yet? i'm only 23 weeks so didnt think baby i'd need to wee so much just yet......

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 9:40am

Booboo, I have noticed recently that I am weeing a lot more too and again mine are only small amounts. It is probably because the baby is putting pressure on the bladder which makes it feel fuller than it really is. I was once told the way to prevent infections was, when you have finishing weeing, pull in your pelvic floor muscles for 60 seconds then try again, it should help get rid of the last dribbles which could cause an infection [zx153] (and the pelvic floor exercises will be good for us now as well), so thats what I've started to do. Hope this helps. Thanks for the advise on Vics, just called the pharmacist and they said the same thing, I did inhale some last night so hope that won't cause any harm, but I've put it away now :-( I tried a honey and lemon drink but that was horrible. I'll just have to grin and bear it for a while!! :cold: Think I shall just sit and watch TV all day (I've just started watching greys anatolmy from the first series so I can just keep watching that!!)

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 11:07am

Hi everyone, I've just been reading back over the past weeks posts as we have just got back from a rainy week in Lanzerote. The chat about weight gain seemed particularly apt as I ate for Scotland on holiday. Bad weather in an all inclusive hotel makes for way too much food consumption.... well too much ice cream anyway! I was huge with my DD but BFing definately helped shift it intitially so I'm hoping it does this time too. I am NOT weighing myself as it would only depress me as I know that I have ages to go and in the last couple of weeks I ballooned with my DD so no point in worrying just now..... as I reach for a hot cross bun...

All you ladies that are experiencing pain, I've been told I can have codeine as opiates are safe in pregnancy ( within reason) so have had some high dose cocodamol prescribed for my back when its been bad ( 30/500mgs tabs x 2) I've found just one dose when its really bad has helped get me moving in the morning and I only had to do that for 2-3 days for it to settle down (thank goodness as DD age 2 is being very clingy and wanting carried all the time....) Just thought if anyone is really miserable with a sore throat at bedtime that this might help. Also although no throat lozenges allowed, just good old fashioned boiled sweets to suck on can still be soothing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been prescribed ranitidine for heartburn? My sisters GP seemed happy to prescribe it for her and I do have some in the house but the label says definately not for use in pregnancy or when BFing. thinkthink so should I take it??? I'm now having to sleep propped up as I'm waking during the night, sometimes with my mouth flooding ( sorry if TMI ) and I'm consuming vast quantities of remegel during the day. Its nasty and it looks like I'll be on the old gaviscon liquid again til birth ( Yuck). I'm guessing its going to be another hairy baby! pmsl

AFM I've just realised that I'm 28 weeks on Mon, wow! I have my anti D injection to look forward to ( Joy) and the agency shift I'm doing this Friday will probably be my last ( lazy mare I know ) but I'm struggling with my back somedays so can't predict in advance if I'm match fit for a shift. Anyway, Shelley, I'll see you over on the third tri soon, I'll be sorry to leave this thread, I don't post that much but I do read what everyone has been up to as its nice to see everyone has worries and fears, even if this is not their first pregnancy.
I'm also loving the light nights, spring is here and the world seems a better place!

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 11:35am

Hello ladies,

Super quick post this morning as Im running out the door (well not running as such kind of dodgy jogging - waddling)!!!!

Suki - sorry to hear your holiday was a rainy one but hope you all still managed to have a nice time relaxing and EATING (which is definitely my fav hobby at the moment). Also with regard to ranitidine I am taking it every night before bed and its working really well with the heartburn. It was prescribed by the fertility Dr at the ACU in Ninewells and he said is safe to use in pregnancy. Also I have been prescribed codeine and was told when that run out just to buy cocodamol if I felt ill or needed a slightly better drug than paracetemol on its own - so if any of you ladies are still suffering I would also suggest you take that!

Booboo and Tiny T - topshop maternity is ace. I spent a small fortune the other week and I might be quite a bit lighter in the wallet but I think its worth it to look nice and feel better about myself when Ive been feeling so crap recently! Plus if you think about all the money you have saved not buying the odd bottle of wine over the last 6 months or so then its all worth it in the end! I bought jeans, a skirt, leggings, cardie, and a few very lovely tops and that will do me for the rest of the pregnancy and for the months afterwards too so worth it I think!

Right have to go - will post more later. xxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 12:50pm

Hello ladies

Well I've got the dreaded blocked nose and sore throat now!! To be honest my nose has been sniffly for weeks and I've had nose bleeds but I just feel so congested that I rang in sick yesterday and I'm off today. I can normally fight through a cold and would go in work but now I have a little boy to think about I decided I'm best resting at home and looking after myself so it doesn't get any worse. I haven't take any medication apart from paracetamol as I'm getting headaches from feeling bunged up. I expect I will have a big nose bleed soon, which will hopefully clear it.

Booboo - my bladder is so weak at the moment. Sorry for TMI but I have to wear a panty liner constantly because I sometimes leak - very embarassing admitting that but it's true!! I must admit I haven't been doing my kegal exercises so wonder if that is contributing?! I wee more at night, like every hour. Maybe when I am lying down it's put more pressure on my bladder?

Does anyone know when the 3rd trimester officially starts? In my Prima baby magazine it says from 24 weeks!! I didn't think it was that soon. I thought it was around 28 weeks.

Feeling lots of popping in my belly - is that what mild kicks feel like? He is constantly turning around in there and I've definitely noticed a routine when he is more active - usually morning, mid afternoon and between 7 and 8pm.

Anyway, sorry for no personals but got a headache so don't want to be at my screen for too long.

Good luck to those having scans this week.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:46pm

My god we're all dropping like flys!

hoping - hope u feel better soon hun. definately good to stay off work when your not feeling well. i too would usually just work through a cold but its not worth running yourself down over when you have your wee man to think about now. i've always been led to believe that 3rd tri is after 28 weeks... its says that on my birth application on hubbies i-pod too. xxx

lozza - oooh i can feel a splurge in topshop coming on now! xxx

suki - it sounds like my heartburn is like yours when i'm in bed on a night. i have to prop myself up with pillows so i can sleep and it doesn't happen. if it continues i might go to my docs and ask for some of that ritidine. i'm on rennie lozenges at the mo, they are ok but not brilliant. do u find that gaviscon is better on liquid form rather than the chalky sweets i'm eating? xxx

thanks for the weeing advice! seems is just a pregnancy thing then and i won't worry about it too much. i'm a bit worried about when i have my 3D scan though cos they say i need a half full bladder....and half full to me at the moment isn't much! i'm seeing my mw before then anyway so she can rule out a water infection. are u girls struggling to have a full bladder with scans? i hate having to do that....i always think i'm going to wee myself..lol.

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 2:14pm

hi girls

im 20 weeks today!! yehhhhh 2 weeks till my next scan

booboo have the same problem with the weeing already but i think my LOis very low down even though my bump is really high and thats why i need to wee all the time!

adreams isnt it funny come home from holiday to rest hahaha lucky i have a few days off and im resting which is lovely and so not like me hehe

suki i found rennie or any other tablets are good for my heartburn i got asda ones and they are great and can use in pregnancy!

hoping yes yes popping is the small kicks!! mine are getting bigger now my son and hubby both felt big kicks yesterday they were soooo happy LO didnt stop moving yesterday and been the same to day too its such a lovely feeling xxx i would def recomend new look for maternity too i have found it great and even better when they have a sale!! hehe

hope everyone is ok?? im loving plodding along doing bits and bobs today and had lots of rest! looking forward to maternity leave for more resting!! unless LO decides to come early like my son did that is!! xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 5:04pm

Suki, I wouldn't take ranitidine if its not advised on the packet and it hasn't been prescribed, gaviscon will be just as effective. I find milk helps my hearburn so I have the gaviscon poised but so far unopened.
Lorraine, might have to try topshop maternity now, really hadn't thought about the money I have saved from not drinking (and with 5 hen parties and weddings that alot of money!!) so may treat myself alittle more. Was your cardie a maternity one? I don't get why there is a need for a maternity cardie and not a normal one?
Hoping, I'm the same would hate to be off work normally but there was no way I could have coped this evening, I'm shattered and all I've done is go to tescos (then proceed to eat what I have bought in an attempt to feel better). Hope you start feeling better soon. [zx127]
Booboo, I was told for my next scan I shouldn't need a full bladder because the baby should be more forward. If I were you just have a drink about 1.5hours before and try your hardest not to go to the toilet. Gaviscon liquid is better but its an acquired taste!!!
Mum is that your 20 weeks scan in 2 weeks? Are you finding out the sex? You are exactly a week ahead of me, did you notcie a big growth spurt this week? My book says that at 19weeks LO is 13cm but by 20weeks LO is 22cm which is a massive difference so just wondered if I should be expecting my tummy to expand this week.
Not alot to say as I've had a lazy day. Take care. xxx

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 6:01pm

adreamz i actually found the bump although its already massive has slowed down growing this week!! but felt baby so much more so mayb its got less room to move around! yeh i am finding out this time!! didnt last time as it was my 1st and wanted a surprise but hubby and son want to know this time so thought i would!! im 20 weeks today but my scan is at 22 weeks they had no spaces before that!! grr oh well only 2 weeks to go!

may i add new look maternity are really good too and when there is a sale on even better!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 11:01am

Hi all,
Sorry, have just popped in to ask a question so unfortunately havent got time for personals but hope everyone is doing well xxx

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is feeling LO hiccuping? I feel this quite often and get a bit worried when it doesnt go after a couple of minutes.

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 1:05pm

Hiya girls

mum - how do u know your LO is low down? i feel my LO mostly below my belly button, does that mean my LO may be low too? maybe thats why i wee alot and have the worlds weakest bladder.... ?( congrats on reaching 20 weeks. thats lovely your hub and ds can feel your LO too. i still only feel my LO faintly myself so there's no chance of dh feeling her yet.

adreamz - yeah maybe i won't make myself have such a full bladder on my next scan. i'll try the liquid gaviscon too. hope your starting to feel better hun.

shelly - whats it feel like when you can feel LO hiccup? thats sounds soooo cute! I'm sure everything is fine hun. i've heard lots of people say they can feel hiccups. i guess its just like when we get them and it can take a while for it to go away. they get there oxygen by the umbillical chord so hiccupping won't do him harm if thats what your worried about.

Hope everyone is ok.

i've not really anything to report...i'm just browsing cos i'm bored at work...lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 4:05pm

Hey everyone - I'm gonna brave this again and definitely copy before I post.
Luckily my groin pain has eased up - I think the paracetamol calmed it down a lot and now I only get a twinge sometimes. Hope everyone else is feeling better.
I think I definitely have pregnancy head on at the moment - yesterday was half way through my swimming class and found I had forgotten to take my bump band off. :O The other girls were like "we didn't know what it was but didn't like to say!!" at least it wasn't my knickers! On the subject of underwear went and got myself fitted again this week - good grief - I felt like Brunhilda - my new 'hot milk' bra has so many hooks and eyes it looks quite S&M - and rather expensive but my boobs were beginning to point south and what the hell it is so comfy I've hardly taken it off. Had official hospital scan yesterday - god I hate it - two miserable old bags - never even say hello just give me your paperwork and lie down. I'm going to go back to private scans... but the LOs were fine :)
Booboo - glad you're feeling better now
Adreamz and Hoping - hope you feel better soon and get the rest you need
Shelley - I read that you're more likely to feel your baby when they hiccup because they hiccup a lot and often over a prolonged period of time - they're not really sure why maybe due to immature diaphragm - it sounds like it's normal
Mum82 - how lovely that you're feeling LO a lot and nice too that this time it's so different from your first pregnancy - a whole new experience!
Suki - what a relief to be finishing your agency work for the time being - 28 weeks wow! Do you feel like time is flying?
I can't see any other posts - I'm going to have to start taking notes...
xxx

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 7:43pm

Shelley - I don't feel the hiccups so much this time (but do occasionally), but DS1 had them all the time. It's fine, they don't even feel them apparently. It actually makes me smile as is just another reminder of the little person that's in there. If your LO is a hiccupper now, he probably will be on the outside too.

Booboo - when they are still quite small it feels like tiny little bubbles popping but at regular and frequent intervals and it lasts a little while. As they get bigger it feels like what it is really, a baby hiccupping inside you - can be quite vigorous!!

AFM - Just under 4 weeks till my induction date but lots of braxton hicks and some stabbing pains down below which are apparently the cervix preparing so maybe he'll make an early appearance!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 7:54pm

Caz wow 4 weeks, so exciting
Shinealught, I'm glad the groin pain has eased, must have been horrible.
Booboo, hope work wasn't too boring
Shelly, hiccups mean they will have a head full of hair (not sure if thats a old wives tale) but it's normal to feel. What is it like?
Mum think I would feel the same the second time and possibly fond out too but going for the surprise this time
Afm: Still coughing and snotty!! Going to go back to work tomorrow though, in fact once I've written this I'm going to head for bed. Sleep well everyone xxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 8:01am

Thanks all, thats put my mind at rest xx

It just feels like a light tap in the same place over and over again, its definitely different from a kick! I'm feeling LO move ALLOT more now, its lovely :)
Me and DH laid in bed last night watching my tummy and LO did a big kick out and DH was really shocked at how hard it was :snigger: it doesnt hurt, just nice to feel him moving around :)

Am off to my 4D scan tonight, little nervous but excited too x

Hope everyone is well xxx Take care all xxx

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 8:45am

Hey Adreamz hope you feel alright at work and have a good day

and Shelley good luck with your 4D scan - at the risk of sounding really thick what is the difference between 3D & 4D scans?

Nat x

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 9:39am

morning huns

shinealight - glad your feeling beter with the groin pain hun. LOL at you forgetting to take off your bump band at swimming :snigger: bless ya! we do the strangest things when preggaz... In answer to your question about 3D/4D..... the scans are classed as 3D because they are 3 dimentional (width, length and depth). i believe 4D means over time....... so the scans are 3D but are over a period of say 40 mins so they call them 4D scans.... if u see what i mean ?(

caz - can't belive u only have 5 weeks left.... in 2 weeks time u will actually be classed as full term won't you? are u at the uncomfortable stage yet? bet u can't wait to meet your little man.

adreamz - glad your a little better. i'm still snotty and cough alot too....apparently its harder to shake off when your preggaz, also doesn't help we can't take many remedies to help get rid of it.

Hoping - hope your feeling better too hun. all this nice weather this week and we're ill..... maybe its the change in seasons thats brought on the colds (or is that an oldwives tale..lol).

shelly - good luck with your 4D scan tongiht. mine is 4 weeks today, i'm well excited for it. it should be amazing....hope we get to see some of your pics.

AFM - i'm still snotty and cough alot but its slowly but surely getting better....... i'm 24 weeks on monday. does this mean i'm 6 months pregnant (if people ask me how many months i am)?? my mum said that can't be right cos that'd mean we were pregnant for 10 months.....but in theory we're not pregnant for 9 months.... hmmm its confusing.

anyways hope ya all ok...... i'm bored at work as usual..lol

xxxxxxxxx

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 10:26am

I've felt my baby hiccuping LOADS. You can really see it from the outside too. If you go on youtube there are loads of videos.

Regarding randitine. I have been taking it and it really does work MUCH better than gaviscon (did nothing for me). Your GP should be able to give you some.

Will be nice to see some of you guys in the 3rd tri - it is very quiet over there - I think that's why Caz and I are on this threat still :)

Hope everyone's coughs and colds get better soon xx
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Caz

Ace

Friday, March 25th 2011, 7:48am

Yeah - think 3rd tri ladies are all busy having babies! (Either that or once on mat leave you are on FZ less than when at work, LOL!!) So I chat on both :) 5 weeks (well 4 cos of induction) still seems ages to me! Could do with getting him out now. I had a growth scan yesterday and he's about 5lb 12oz now so I know he'd be ok to come out. Keep having quite severe pains down below too so wondering if it's a sign he'll come early, hope so.

Friday, March 25th 2011, 9:09am

Caz, enjoy this feeling of pregnancy, baby will come when ready (and at least you have a date for induction, I know people that go 2 weeks over before given a date!!, then went on the have it naturally anyway!!)

Scoffs, how many weeks are you?

Booboo, I hate it when people ask how many months I am because when I say they go, oh you are due in July then and its then difficult to explain.. well actually pregnancies are 40 weeks not 9 months, so I just stick with the weeks!! I'm guessing that becaus eit is safe to deliver at 36 nweeks (9months) that is why they say 9 months (either that or in the old days they didn't could the fiorst month as being pregnant because they didn't have any technology to prove you were pregnant till you missed your period??)

Shelly, how was the 4d scan, did they tell you the sex? I belive 4d means you get to see your baby as an object but 3d is just a flatter view?

AFM: Thank you for your concerns. I managed work yesterday with lots of coughs and sneezes. One girl said 'stop coughing' and I said 'I can go home if you like' and she soon changed her mind as they wouldn't have coped without me (not being big headed, just because staffing would have been rubbish!!). Still feel groggy but definately better. Everyone around me is getting it now though, so I hope I can clear it soon!! I'm off to help my sister at an even today and tomorrow. It normally quite exhausting when I'm not pregnant so I have to make sure I rest as much as possible when I can (afternoon nap today).
Still having problams with my maternity clothes. Bought some Jeans that fit but have give, when I put them on last night they are too big for me, wonder if I should have bought the smaller size but then they wouldn't have lasted. So today I'm wearing some linen trousers from my previous wardrobe and doing them up with a paper clip (found this to be less ridged than a safety pin!!).
Only 4 days till my scan, getting so excited and nervous at the same time. Baby was quite active yesterday but not felt it yet this morning...will I ever stop panicking?

Have a good day everyone xxx

Friday, March 25th 2011, 10:52am

morning ladies

its friday!! happydance

scoffs - nice to hear from u hun. shame its quiet in the 3rd tri chatter, i won't rush over there than cos i'd have nothing to do at work if i don't come on here :snigger:

caz - aww hope your lil man comes soon for you hun. he's cooking nicely in there though and at least u have your induction booked so won't go over. i know people who get to 42 weeks and got so fed up.

adreamz - arr, that would make sense that they just assumed 9 months years ago when they had no technology like we do now. my mum is set on how many months i am though - very old school. i tried explaining to her we're not actually preg for 9 months but 40 weeks and she's having non of it...lol. i'm same as u with the mat trousers!!! i have bought 2 pairs and both fall down while i'm wearing them but they appeared to fit when i tried them before i bought. like u say though, they wouldn't last 2 mins if we bought the smaller size. i wear long tops so to avoid a builders bum! glad ya getting better hun and i like what u said to that girl who asked u to stop coughing....ha :P

AFM - my little bubs was wiggling all over last night and for the first time hubby got to feel it too : D she was really jabbing about and he felt ehr a few times. really glad he's got to feel her cos he was so chuffed.

i'm off out to the pub tomorrow too to watch the england match with hub and our friends. well i actually have no interest in football but it'll be good to go out and show off my bump and catch up with my friends. i think i'll be leaving though when everyone gets too drunk. thought i'd socialise though rather than staying in all the time.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Friday, March 25th 2011, 2:31pm

Hiya,

4D scan was brill! :) he looks gorgeous already and now i really cannot wait to meet him..... roll on June! The pics are here - http://www.pregnancyzone.co.uk/index.php?page=RGalleryUser (dont know how to insert them into the post sorry!)

We got a DVD of the whole thing, a CD with 38 images and 3 mini videos, 4 colour printed images (in mounts) and 3 black and white printed pics.
We got to see him yawn, smile, poke his tongue out, open his eyes... it was amazing. He was very wriggly so got quite allot of images with not allot of effort from the sonographer which was good all round :)

4D just means a moving 3D image so you get to see baby move in real time.

He is definitely a boy, sonographer saw his testicles so confirmed that!! :snigger:

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE