You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "shadow" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 4:34pm

Not immune to rubella..what does it mean?

Firstly sorry if i have put this in the wrong place.....

so, went to see my midwife on thursday and she gave me my blood results from my bookin appointment ( a good 8 weeks ago!) i am now almost 17 weeks, she said all was fine but one showed up i am not immune to Rubella, and that i would need to be vaccinated as soon as iv had our twins and she didnt say much more

well i left not overly concerned but then..you got it google! iv read it that iv i catch it (german measels while pregnant it can be really dangerous to our babies :/, im gonna contact midwife this week and ask some more questions, has any one had any experience with this or any knowledge to share

im a liitle confused as this has never shown up before,,on my previous pregnancy or when i egg shared so can u suddenly become not immune :s

thanks in advance x
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:27pm

Hi, you can lose your immunity to rubella at any time which is why they always check when you are pg. Fortunately, thanks to immunisation, Rubella is rare in this country so your chances of catching it are low. If you are planning any foreign holidays though you might want to think hard about where you go and discuss destinations with your GP.

You will need to take a common sense approach, make sure that all your friends with children know that you are pg and have no immunity so that they can avoid you if there child has any unexplained rashes or temperatures. I don't know if your son is in nursery but I would also let your nursery know, that way if any child displays symptoms of measles then they can advise you and you can pull him out of nursery until it's accertained if it's german measles or not - not easy if you have to work I know but it's better safe than sorry. As I said, Rubella is rare in this country so you are unlikely to catch it, once your baby is born they will advise you to have the jab again to renew your immunisation.

• "shadow" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:39pm

Thankyou grace. U have gave me some good things to think about, Logan does go to nursery so will make sure I make them aware and ask to be informed of any cases, I'm sure they had a case of it a few weeks ago, ........I'm now wandering what to do with work as I support a lady with learning difficulties and we don't have that kind of info on her I would maybe need permission to ask her gp, also I come into contact on a regular basis with other people who have probably not been tested for a long time, but I do suppose I wouldmt be too much at risk if they don't actually have a rash etc......always something to worry about x
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shadow" (Mar 20th 2011, 7:41pm)