You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Nicci" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2009

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 3:09pm

Large Twins and Gestational Diabetes

Hi Ladies,

I had my 28 week scan today and the twins measure 3lbs 11 and 3lbs 5. We were told that this was rather large for this stage of our pregnancy and will require a glucose test on Friday to check for gestational diabetes.

I was just wondering of any of you had twins who measured on the large size at this stage and didn't end up having diabetes? It's worrying me a bit and wanted to see if any other ladies had experienced the same thing?

Nicci xxx

ME - 32 DH - 31
Male Factor Infertility
1st ICSI Feb 10 - BFN
2nd ICSI Aug 10 - BFP :D [zx076] [zx076] It's Twins! bab10 bab10 c-section booked for 3rd May!

Nicci's Diary

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:06am

Hi Nicci, I hope your test on Friday went OK. I don't know much about GD, I'm afraid, but have had various worries about our twins re. growth charts, amniotic fluid levels etc. I know it can be quite an anxious time. Your hospital will keep a good eye on your babies. Cathy xxx [zx127]
Cathy

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:50am

Nicci,

Everytime I went for a scan my two were measuring way above normal, Twin 1 was always on about the 98% and Twin 2 above 80%, and the consultant joked I would have 2 x 9lb babies if I went to term - which petrified me, especially because I seemed to be all 'bump' and was scared they would tear my stomach muscles or crack a rib (neither of these happened). In the end they arrived at 35+5 and weighed 5lb4oz and 6lb4oz, so both really good weights and I suspect they would have been a lot bigger if I had gone to term. I was just happy they were on the healthy size and I was not worrying about them being too small!

So, in my experience, I would not worry too much. Also I did not have gestational diabetes, or any other problems in my pregnancy at all.

Hope this helps and I hope your test on Friday went well.

Jan

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, March 7th 2011, 8:12pm

Hi, I didn't have twins but with DD2 I had 2 glucose tests as they thought she was so big (particularly her tummy!) and I was measuring about 5/6 weeks ahead when they did the fundal measurement thing. Both came back negative and I didn't have GD and she was born weighing 8lbs 1 oz so pleasantly chubby not overly huge!

Good luck, hope your test comes back negative. If not, I'm sure your consultant/midwife will make sure there is a great care plan for you and your babies.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "Nicci" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2009

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 12:06pm

Thanks for all your messages ladies, your stories have made me feel a lot better.

I had my GD test and luckily everything came back normal, so looks like I just have BIG babies! :D

Take care

Nicci x

ME - 32 DH - 31
Male Factor Infertility
1st ICSI Feb 10 - BFN
2nd ICSI Aug 10 - BFP :D [zx076] [zx076] It's Twins! bab10 bab10 c-section booked for 3rd May!

Nicci's Diary

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 1:38pm

That's great news, Nicci! What a relief! Cathy xxx :thumbsup:
Cathy

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE