You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Dad-to-be" started this thread

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Friday, February 18th 2011, 1:52pm

10 Weeks Pregnant

Hi, I am looking for some general advice and hopefully reasssurance.

My wife is just over ten weeks pregnant following a frozen embryo transfer and has all the typical symptons of pregancy. We had the early scan which was all good about three weeks ago.

In the last week, she has become increasingly sick to the point she cannot eat anything without bringing it back up again. I have searched and found this can happen but we are both anxioius.

Previously we have had a miscarriage at around this time, and also a molar pregnancy so we are unsetlled and worried whether everythings ok.

We've had our first dating scan appointment through but that is not for another 3 weeks and although we've asked our hospital, they wont bring it forward.

My wife has now in the last couple of days said she feels "empty" and not pregnant. Again I've searched and woman do seem to go through spells of feeling different or empty so again we're hoping this is nothing to be concerned about.

We are hoping that the level of sickness she is feeling is a good sign that the little one is growing and developing, but its really tough with what's happened previously.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dad-to-be" (Feb 18th 2011, 1:53pm)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:05pm

Hi there,

Apologies but I have tried to paste in a link for all the pregnancy related areas but have not been particularly successful. I am sure one of the other Moderators will be around soon to do it!

I know that it is a scary time for you both. You think we you finally get pregnant that all the fears will disappear.....they just get worse!

I am pretty sure that all the things you talk about are entirely normal - try not to worry each other too much.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:07pm

Hello,

Welcome to FZ!!!

Firstly Congratulations!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I would tell your wife to visit the GP and see if they can give her some tablets for her sickness. I was sick to the point where I couldn't even keep water down and so was given tablets.

The sickness and symptoms can come and go. A lot of women don't have any symptoms at all.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:08pm

Hi and welcome to the site.

Sickness is a good sign but I can understand the worry when you have had a previous loss. The 'empty' feeling is likely to be an effect of her sickness.

Can you arrange to have a private scan in the meantime to put your minds at rest?

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:09pm

Hello,

Just read your post, no wonder you are both feeling worried given what bad luck you have had in the past with pregnancies.

I would say that sickness is definately the best sign going so as long as she has that then the hormone levels will be doing as they should be although it is a bit crap for your poor wife.

my nasusea has suddenly stopped after 4 days so am freaking out about that! would give anything to have it back

hope you get a lot of good advice, this site is a godsend, good luck with it all

xx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:15pm

Thank you for your replies, all reassuring to hear we "normal".

Our doc has given us some sickness tablets today which we're going to give a try. Our pharmacist also recommended putting a small slice of root ginger in her mouth which apparently can help sickness so we'll try anything. Main concern is if she cant keep any food down, not only is she feeling terrible, the poor little one cant be getting any goodness.

Hadnt thought of the suggestion of a private scan but will definatly look into it......3 weeks seems like 3 years at the moment.

Thanks again

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:18pm

hi there

sickness is a good sign although not much fun! hopefully she will only have a couple more weeks of it.

As for the empty feeling that wont be related to the baby at all. I did not 'feel' full this pregnancy until over 20 weeks!

I had private scans at 7, 9 and 11 weeks due to spotting, they are worth every penny. x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:20pm

Don't worry about the little one during the sickness. They take all the goodness they need, which is why your wife is feeling so rough. It won't do the baby any harm at all. I lived on rice krispies and lemon sweets for about the first sixteen weeks of my pregnancy and it didn't do my daughter any harm. Your wife does need to try and keep her fluids up if she can. You could ask the pharmacist if there are any rehydration solutions which are safe in pregnancy. I could never stomach ginger during 'morning' sickness - it just burnt when it came back up.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:21pm

Obviously I'm not feeling what she's feeling so its hard to describe, but what she said was she felt "tighter" around her tummy before, but now she feels like normal.

Out of interest, how did you arrange your private scans, what it through your GP and paid to go private or through a private clinic?

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:24pm

The tighter feeling could very well have been bloating after the treatment which is now easing off.

If you google private pregnancy scans in your location you should find some places. You don't need a gp referral - you just book directly and pay. Some are run by big chains like baby debut and baby bond but there are other smaller ones scattered around as well. Prices do vary quite a lot though so its worth looking at a few.

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:25pm

Welcome to FZ Dad-to-be :)

Exciting times! :)
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:30pm

Thanks for all the advice, really do appreciate it.

Exciting times.....definately....scary times too though!

BraveGirl

Superstar

Friday, February 18th 2011, 2:56pm

the tighter feeling could be her ligaments stretching.

have a look at this site.

round ligament pain

I am near to leeds so went here for my scans:

leeds screening centre

I liked them as they are a fairly medical in their approach rather than just for fun. If you google private baby scans and your area, loads will come up.
My Diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, February 18th 2011, 3:00pm

Hi Dad2 be

I understand completley your wifes concerns & we all have them. We need constant confirmation.
I would personaly go for a private scan or I would ask the GP again for an earlier one. Not for any other reason than to put your minds at rest. Nausea although horrible is a wonderful sign that all is well.
Once the next scan is out the way, for £20 you can purchase a doppler & you will both be able to hear the babys heartbeat whenever you like. I think this can be done from 13/15 weeks.

Good luck.
xx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Feb 18th 2011, 3:06pm)

Reg: Feb 16th 2011

Friday, February 18th 2011, 3:50pm

Hi, I am looking for some general advice and hopefully reasssurance.

My wife is just over ten weeks pregnant following a frozen embryo transfer and has all the typical symptons of pregancy. We had the early scan which was all good about three weeks ago.

In the last week, she has become increasingly sick to the point she cannot eat anything without bringing it back up again. I have searched and found this can happen but we are both anxioius.

Previously we have had a miscarriage at around this time, and also a molar pregnancy so we are unsetlled and worried whether everythings ok.

We've had our first dating scan appointment through but that is not for another 3 weeks and although we've asked our hospital, they wont bring it forward.

My wife has now in the last couple of days said she feels "empty" and not pregnant. Again I've searched and woman do seem to go through spells of feeling different or empty so again we're hoping this is nothing to be concerned about.

We are hoping that the level of sickness she is feeling is a good sign that the little one is growing and developing, but its really tough with what's happened previously.

Hello and congraulations

We are pregnant with our frozen embryo transfer and I have and still have the worse sickness some days i couldn't get out of bed it was that bad, but some days it was 3 times in the morning and then all afternoon.
I am very sorry for your loss...
Some days i didn't feel pregnant at all just so sick and ill....

Lindzi

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, February 18th 2011, 4:21pm

Hi Dad-to-be. Congratulations to you and your wife and I'm sorry for your previous loss.

I used to think about the fact that some women don't know they're pregnant until four, five and six months gone, so it gave me an idea that somedays it is possible to feel very "normal" or "not pregnant". It's still worrying, especially as those pregnant feelings are what we rely on to remind ourselves when we can't actually see what is going on inside. However, despite this, I have googled "not feeling pregnant" several times as it is a constant worry, so some sort of reassurance would be very valuable to you both. I agree, 3 weeks is a loooong time to wait! I hope you have managed to arrange a private scan.

Is your wife taking any progesterone supplements after her treatment? That could be the cause of her tight feelings. Bloating can come and go, even over the course of a day.

I've heard it...or read it somewhere...that babies are excellent parasites, in that they can thrive even when their host isn't doing very well. I know the terminology isn't all that nice but I hope you get what I mean

Good luck all of you
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Feb 18th 2011, 4:22pm)

Monday, February 21st 2011, 2:43pm

Hi,

Yeah she has been given progesterone which she has to take up until day 77 then half dose for a week.

Hopefully if we're lucky enough for everything to be ok at that point when we reduce the doseage the sickness etc.. will ease.

xfingers

BraveGirl

Superstar

Monday, February 21st 2011, 5:15pm

the progesterone will not be causing the sickness, the general pregnancy hormones will be doing that,. its a good thing! honest x
My Diary

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 8:45am

we wondered whether the drugs would be intensifying the pregnancy hormones make and therefore making the sickness worse.

Funny though, since Friday night, she has settled a bit. Was sick yesterday morning and again this morning, but she's happier now it seems to be just morning sickness not 24 hr sickness.

11 weeks today!!! xfingers

BraveGirl

Superstar

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:12am

the progesterone might add to breast pain but not likely to impact on MS
My Diary

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:23am

Aww glad her sickness has warn off. I have been sick everyday of my pregnancy and every meal. Since also about week 11. My first trimester was by far the worst like flic couldn't even keep water down. I was so scared for my baby too. I'm 36 weeks now and even though I'm sick every day she is fine and a good size. Believe me the baby gets what they need before mammy.

Congratulations. I would love to say the worry stops but it doesn't. But you worry because you are going to Make the best parents. X x