You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 9:17pm

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

I have had a bit of cramping so am upstairs chilling in bed.
I also brought a 75p pack of two white scratch mittens. They are to be my lucky charms. It will be the only thing I buy from now until (If all goes well) 25 weeks.
If I get to scan date I shall be clutching those white mittens for dear life. :)

Hope everyone else is well. Its quiet in this thread. I thought it would be buzzing with excitement. I reckon we are all being cautious. Some have yet to joinas well.
Anyhoo tomorrow is Sunday & that means roast. Yeyyyyyyyy! Mmmmmmmm.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 9:49pm

Hey Ladies,

Hope you are all having lovely Saturday evening, Rally -girl, don't worry about blood tests with HCG levels, my clinic don't usually do them after you get your BFP, the first was to confirm the pregnancy and then I just asked to have the 2nd one done as was worried about the level, had to pay £55 for the privilege though!

Shell, i have felt sick everyday since Thursday, not enjoying the constant feeling of nasuea, am anticipating will progress to actually puking soon :thumbdown:

Taxi, cute to have a lucky charm bet they are so teeny tiny, i am actively avoiding all baby departments till we have the scan,,,, what are they stats for survival after 7 weeks does anyone know?

Dogsndonxs, i also use the cyclogest up the bum, not messy at all and you don't need to lie down or anything

Daisy - great to hear your levels are rising :clap sounds like it is boding well for the scan, will :pray: for a heartbeat for you this time

I have had a chilled weekend, went back to my folk in Leicester last night, got my hair done today, had lunch with friends then drove back to London, my DH utilised the Friday night to go out boozing and to a stripclub with the boys, not entirely happy with him, but at least i wasn't at home for him to stumble in drunk and snoring and wake me up! he is feeling suitably hungover and rubbish. Good is what i say!

hope you are all having nice evenings

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Saturday, February 12th 2011, 11:04pm

Hi ladies,

Congratulations to all of you on here.

I tested on the 10th with a lovely BFP and the following day had HCG 570. Scan is at 8 weeks on the 8th march. Will probably test again just incase !!!!

X

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 3:58am

I can't believe the insomnia is kicking in!! I really can't complain but that's 2 out of the last 3 nights that have been a washout for me.

At least that will give me soe time to cuddle the dog, who was more than enthusiastic to be woken up at 3.30 thinking he's off out for a midnight walk.....

Alie - welcome!! And :congrats: on your BFP, what a great HCG number too.
Anna - thanks for the good thoughts. Glad you had a nice day yesterday but BOO to your DH. LOL!! Hope he at least enjoyed himself.

Taxihome - sorry to hear you have cramping. Hope that has subsided now you have had a rest? I love the idea of a lucky charm, hope it does the trick for you. Thanks for the nod on the HPT situation - it's reassuring to hear others are still doing it too. I plan to take one more (also my last one) on Friday then i will also leave it. I think by then I can accept that I am actually pregnant and the embryo didn't fall out after transfer!!

Shell - I think I had my first wave of nausea yesterday when emptying the tumble dryer, it only lasted a couple of minutes but it was there all right. Other than that, I've not really had any.

To everyone else - hope you are all doing OK and are fit and well.

We had a curry last night and it was quite late so i am wonderiing if that has caused my sleeplessness tonight. We will never know!! I bought my DH a book about being an expectant father, he was really pleased. He said "Oh God I HOPE I get to read all this". Hear hear. Just 6 days to go and it will be the longest we have stayed pregnant. :pray:
Enjoy your Sunday roasts.

xx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 5th 2011

Children: Hopefully soon!

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 12:34pm

Daisy - my friends already know we are expecting - my family and close friends knew about our treatment - we are very close knit and they were all supportive through our treatment and thrilled with our BFP. I know lots of people don't tell people but it was our first time and we wanted their support. Hopefully all goes well but if not they will all be there when I need them x x x Got loads of cuddles from baby yesterday and she let me bathe hm too and then he gave me lots of smiles and trying to talk to me it was precious xxx

Sill no nausea and af type pains aren't as bad today but boobs still very sore and not peeing as much either but terribly bloated. My friend say what i'm feeling is totally normal so hopefully all is well.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Tina
xxxx

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 3:22pm

Afternoon Ladies

It's also a lovely roast for us tonight, yum yum!! Hope you're all having a nice relaxing Sunday. I'm feeling a bit washed out today. My DH keeps having to remind me that i'm allowed to feel tired and it's ok to even have a wee lie down if i need to.

Taxi-home i think it's such a lovely idea buying the mittens but think i'm still too scared. I know i've had my first scan and seen the 2 heartbeats but really dont think it's properly sunk in yet. This wait for our 2nd scan on Thursday is going to seem like a lifetime.

Welcome Alie and congrats on your bfp!! :clap

Anna, it's so funny cos my DH did a very similar thing on Fri night and he was also away so i was grateful not to have the drunken bum climbing into bed with me but it meant he was so hungover on Saturday he didn't get home till late. I was not too impressed either. :thumbdown: I guess they maybe need to blow off steam sometimes but it's not an option for us to go out and get leathered so is a bit annoying.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone and look forward to the week ahead bringing us closer to those scans!!!!

Rallygirl [zx071]

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 4:39pm

Hey girls

Sorry to hear about those naughty DH's!!! :box: Kick their asses into gear!!

Hope everyone enjoying their Sunday roasts.

AFM I have just purchased the M and S valentines meal deal for £20 and I 'm going to cook that up for my DF when he returns from home. He's been at work all day bless him. On his way home now.

I have felt really sick all day!!!! bleurgh!! thats the 3rd day in a row now! Been worse today. My mum popped round with some ginger nut biscuits but they havent helped much!! HOpe this sickness buggars off soon so I can start to enjoy being pregnant!!!

Enjoy your Sunday evening!

Lots of love

Shell xxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 6:14pm

Bugger, just wrote a really really long one and lost it! Grrrrrr.

hope you are all having lovely Sundays, Allie, congrats on your BFP and your levels, hi to everyone else :hi:

Shell, i am feeling really sick, constantly, bought travel bands, rich tea, ginger biscuits etc, hope it helps :thumbdown:

xxx
Anna

Monday, February 14th 2011, 6:12am

Anna - when I write a long post on a forum, I copy it before I submit it because sooooo many times, the cyber pixies nick my posts and I find it reallllyy annoying!!

Just a quick post. Had a good day yesterday and a super lovely luch. I had the pork belly but did feel a little bit over stuffed afterwards. Hubby had the beef and it looked gorgeous but I couldn't have any as is was pink. I will miss pink beef over the next few months. But what i will REALLY miss is a nice glass of Argentinian Malbec. I love red wine. I've not had anything to drink since we started our tx but I think when we get to 12 weeks, I may have the odd glass. Just don't want to risk anything at this point.

On Wednesday, I will be 5 weeks. I've never gone past 5 weeks 2 days, which will be Friday. Girls, I am sooooooo nervous about this week. This is the biggest week for us and I just can't stop thinking about it. Every day will be a celebration for us and - IF - I am still here on Saturday, it will be a cause for a BIG celebration.

Do you talk about the future much, I mean, about your baby? We did for the first time yesterday and then I felt guilty as if I would jinkx things by talking about the future.

Enough of my ramblings. Have a great start to the week.

xx

My diary

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, February 14th 2011, 8:16am

Hey all, glad everybody is weel, besides the sickness and insomnia xfingers we all start to feel battery soon.

My sickness is definately worse in the afternoon and my boobs have gone huge, pre-pg I was 34b and I am up to 38c but I was exactly the same size last time so luckily I don't have to go and spend a fortune on new bras. I have gained 6lb as I know I am eating more but I am trying not to, it just helps the sickness to nibble at things and isn't it always the same that only naughty things will do :snigger:

We had my little boys 2nd birthday party yesterday at our local play barn, 15 screaming kids and Will insisted that I climbed right to the top and down the slide at least half a dozen time, I was absolutely shattered but it's all good fun.

Looking forward to mw booking in appointment on Thursday :clap

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Monday, February 14th 2011, 9:10am

Hey Daisy & Ali,

sounds like you both had lovely weekends, Ali how far PG are you now? i know what you mean about boobs, mine are normally a 34b, they feel and look a lot bigger now, also a lot sorer esp at night.

Daisy, i also am getting a little nervous about "tempting fate" i ordered loads of books from Amazon yesterday then worried thinking oh god, maybe I am jumping the gun a bit. When i talk about the future it is always "if everything works out ok" at the end of anything baby related! Congrats on being the most pregnant you have ever been!

i know what you mean about missing the alcohol, my tipple is Vanilla Vodka and diet coke...... mmmmmm

hello to everyone else and hope the week holds good things for us all

xxx
Anna

Reg: Mar 13th 2010

Children: girl 15, boy 11

Monday, February 14th 2011, 9:19am

Hi girls. I got my :BFP: yesterday and I have my 1st scan on the 2nd of march smile2

Happy Valentines Day :xxx3:

1st ICSI JAN 2011 :BFP: - 7 wk scan empty sac. Methotrexate for ectopic
2nd ICSI JULY 2011 :BFP: [zx076] seen at 7 weeks

Monday, February 14th 2011, 11:38am

Anna, I am 10 weeks I think, I wasn't really paying attention to my cycle as we had stopped TTC so I will know more at my scan. I try not to think about tempting fate, what will happen will happen no matter what I have bought or talked about and I plan on enjoying every second :clap I'm with you on the vodka though, I still have half a bottle left from Xmas which is staring at me from the cabinet, I just wish DH would neck it to get it away from me :snigger:

Shell, great to see you here and congratulation on your BFP

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, February 14th 2011, 12:55pm

Shell Hi & congrats. Nice to see we are geting busier in here.
I darent buy any books yet Anna. But did by the scratch mits. All of 75p.

Daisy xfingers :pray: You get past the point of your last pregnancy's. It is such a worrying time. I thought the 2WW was bad but this is just a nightmare. I still have 2 weeks & 3 days till my scan. I am also still on KW all the time. I just want to start getting excited but I guess after my last pregnancy that wont happen for me until I am 23 weeks so a long, long way to go yet.
I HAVE DAYS WHEN I'll GOOGLE THINGS LIKE CHEMICAL PREGNANCYS & BLIGHTED OVUMS. Oooops didnt mean to shout. Then I get all worried. So from now on I am not going near google.
I have been getting pains on my left all morning. It is slightly worrying. Still not sure if its my left ovary settling down or something else. As long as it is nothing sinister I am happy.
I took my very last HPT today. Those horrid clear blue conception ones. Last test said 2/3 weeks which meant 4 - 5 & that was last thurs. This morning it said 3+ which means 5+. This should have set my mind at rest a bit really as I am obviously going up which is good right? I am 6 weeeks on fri.
Anyhoo my boobies are worse at night too ladies. Weeing still but it is starting to calm a bit. Still wake at around 4am for one though. Feeling the odd wave of ickiness but still not yakking yet.
I dunno girls, I swing from huge positivity to terrible negativity. It is driving me mad. Luckily I am more positive than neg but I have never wanted a few weeks to go by so fast, yet dreading them ariving.
I know I dont make sense.
Anyway I am off before I annoy you all with my tails of woe.

Charley
x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Feb 14th 2011, 12:57pm)

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, February 14th 2011, 1:33pm

Taxihome I agree totally with you. Sometimes i feel i'm constantly contradicting myself when i'm writing my posts. Positive and negative feelings are up and down like a yo-yo. I found myself googling double prams yesterday and worrying how we were going to have space for 2 of everything, then i had to give myself a mental slap across the face cos i think i'm jumping way too far ahead. But why should we put our feelings of excitement on hold? Anyone who has not struggled to get pregnant like we obviously have would be planning things now. I'm pretty sure all us girls on the 1st trimester chat are feeling the same!!

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hopefully the sicky feeling is starting to ease off for some of you. I'm still peeing all the time and in the middle of every night grr!!! Think it's partly psychological now. Still on KW too taxihome, think it's just par for the course.

Oh well, enough waffle. Think i need a nap, brain not really functioning properly today.

take care folks

rallygirl [zx071]

Monday, February 14th 2011, 4:36pm

Wow - you girls have just copletely reassured me I am soooooo glad I am not the only one who thinks they are tempting fate. And yes, ALL our conversations also start with "if this works".
And the whole googling thing too!!

Rallygirl - yo-yo feeling is absolutely the right way to describe it. You have double yoyo feelings too hun, two of them to worry about!!

Taxigirl - I wouldn't worry too muchg about the pain unless you are bleeding but if it does get worse, just pop down to your EPU to get it checked. Other than that - hope you are well? and Yay for the 3+ on the conception indicator. Think I will take my last one on Wed or Thurs just to see.

Ali Bird - That could be fun, watching DH nick half a bottle of Vodka!!

Shell - CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP - how lovely to have you over here:)

Anna - not tried vanilla vodka before but it sounds lovely.

I'm home from work early today - knackered!!! Really looking forward to next week - it's half term (I'm a teacher) so YAY for sleep!!!!!!!!

xx

My diary

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Monday, February 14th 2011, 9:26pm

I came on here for reassurance tonight and that is just I recieved I feel exactly the same as everyone apart from my symptoms seem to be disappearing a bit boobs not so sore and nausia much less. I also agree my now 3ww for the scan is worse than the 2ww.

Lovely talking with you all, off to bed as absolutley knackered XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 7:45am

Hey ladies can I join in? I still can't believe am posting here......!

Me and my DH are both 27 and I have never been fortunate enough to get pregnant, we have had 5 x IUI, 1 fresh ICSI, 1 freeze all ICSI with a natural FET an another 5 snowbabies on ice.

Congratulations to everyone on this thread, it's such an exciting time!!!! Eeeeeeekkkkk!!
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 8:08am

Congratulations confused, it's fab to see you here :clap I am sure that you'll be as neurotic as the rest of us in no time :snigger:

What a fab day today is, my little man is 2! I just keep thinking that this time 2 years ago I was about 5 cm dialated and thouroughly enjoying my labour, I can't wait to do it again

Hope everybody was spoilt last night by their other halves, I got a takeaway burger and chips and some of Wills birthday cake - who says romance is dead :snigger:

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 9:07am

Ali bird, that is the greatest valentines present you gave DH 2 years ago!!!
Adreamz :xxx3:

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 9:27am

Going for what should be our 12wk scan today....very nervous and very excited. I'm hoping we get a wave and the scan person doesn't scare us with anything.

Not sure about the water though - still having bowel trouble after being so ill, if I drink a lot I just get more diarrhea than I can handle. Plus my swollen bowels are probably still in the way of an external scan...but the general ultrasound people don't seem to like doing internal ones if they can help it...so I'll just have to cross my legs and hope for the best I suppose!

Got to figure out how I'm getting there too - either I'm driving (and thus avoiding potholes with my full bladder) or my mum will drive and I can cross my legs in the passenger seat while quietly freaking out about her entirely absent road sense! Really not sure which will be worse!
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 12:09pm

Hiya ladies,

Congrats & welcome to Confused, great to see you in here.

Hazy, best of luck for your scan will be keeping everything crossed it goes perfectly

hello to everyone else, hope you had lovely valentine's days and the rest of the week is goign ok.

I am a bit worried as done loads of stuff perhaps I shouldnt have like telling close friends, talking about how "i bet" it's twins, buying books, looking into cost of things, I am worried I have tempted fate as I have had NO nausea today whatsoever, but have been having random cramps.... i have been feeling so sick the past week but nothing today, I am so scared in case it means they have stopped growing, do symptons just come and go? does anyone have any advice? bigcloud

xx
Anna

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 12:12pm

Good Luck for the scan today Hazy. xfingers you get good positive results from your scan. Hope the journey's not too harrowing for you. I'm having an 8 week scan on Thursday and time is dragging so much. The nurse wasn't sure about one of my embryo sacs (she saw 2 and 2 heartbeats) that was last thursday. This really has been one of the longest weeks of my life. I was told to take it really easily which has meant sitting around the house getting bored beyond belief. I feel a bit guilty cos i felt bit crap yesterday morning so i went for a long but gentle walk round the village but felt absolutely wiped out at the end of it. Think i overdid it, just hope i haven't caused any unnecessary strain on my little babies!!

Welcome confused and congrats on the bfp. Like you, i've never been pregnant. Had lots of chlomid and 1 treatment back in Sept '10 with 2 fresh emby's transferred but i bled only a few days after transfer so i knew they didn't take at all. This second treatment I've felt quite different but having never got this far before, i've nothing to compare it to. It's strange cos i cant exactly say i have a history of miscarriage cos i've just never been remotely pregnant. I want to be excited and tell everyone i know but cant face it just yet.

God, i've got way too much time on my hands and i'm waffling again and over-analysing everything.

Take care everyone and keep positive!!

Rallygirl [zx071]

Reg: Nov 11th 2008

Children: CFC, Ireland

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 12:31pm

HI Girls,

I am joining the First Trimester Chat for the first time ever!
I am so excited... I really can't believe that I am pregnant!
I am looking forward to spending the next 8 weeks with you girls - it is great to see so many JJ's in here - must have been a lucky month!

Hazy

Ace

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 4:49pm

Hello to all the new people! Looks like the JJs are doing pretty well!

Anna - my nausea came and went for a bit - boobs stopped hurting quite early too. But then the hunger kicked in and I became an eating machine! Try not to worry (I know thats easier said than done)

Scan was ok - ultrasound lady did the heart-stopping shaking her head thing, she was getting all over excited about my cysts (such old news for me!) and when we said she was freaking us out then she said sorry and that the baby was fine!! She focussed on it for a minute - DH thought it wasn't moving, then there was a massive full body flip just to show him how wrong he was! Quality was pretty poor compared to our 10 wk internal scan though, so we didn't get another pic. Due date is 2nd Sept!

Then I saw my consultant, he seems really lovely and gave me options for additional scans and a choice of an elective c-section if I want it. I think they're all babying me a bit as I had such a crappy time of it in January. I'm quite content with that though!

Oh yes, and in case anyone wonders I went for the chauffeur option and had mum drive me in to the hospital....OMG - half the time I just wanted to take over - she brakes at green lights and gets overtaken by learners!

Reg: Dec 28th 2010

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 5:16pm

Glad scan went OK Hazy!! How exciting!! Laughing at your mum's driving!

I am home from school early today. Had my planning afternoon and was feeling so sick I decided to come home and work from home! Been a bonus as I have been marking books watching Take That all afternoon!!! Pure bliss!!!!!!!!!! I have been a little bit obsessed with Take That since they got together and I was 11!! [zx072] :love:

Anyway back to Earth!!!! haha!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for sickess!? I have been feeling really really sick since Saturday. It lasts all day and comes in waves but is generally there all the time! I have absolutely no appetite and every smell or even looking at food makes me heave!! I have tried ginger biscuits, lucozade and have even bought some sickness bands as suggested by Anna but nothing seems to be easing it off!! I really want to enjoy being pregnant but sickness is bugging me! It would be OK if it was just the morning but it isn't.. How to make sure I eat the right things to help the baby grow when I can't even stomach anything apart from toast and marmite?

I have told myself that I am not going to have any time off work with it but it is sooo hard teaching a class of 27 and feeling sick. I have only told a couple of people at work so its difficult hiding it The final straw today (and I laugh about it now!) was when one of the members of staff opened a can of sardines in the staff room at lunch!! I almost hurled all over her with the smell!!!!

Anyway sorry to winge on, just wondered if any of you that have been pregnant before or anyone else has any tips?

Shell xxxxxxxxxxxx
[zx160] Shell [zx160]

Hazy

Ace

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 6:00pm

Shell - for me, it's either constant small snacks (savoury rather than sugary) or licking/eating bits of a lemon. (which would look a bit weird in the classroom!)
You could try lemon juice in water though?

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 7:46pm

Good evening ladies

Confused & Karried - welcome here!! So exciting to have another BFP among us. Do you have any symptoms yet?

Ali Bird - Happy Birthday to your little one:)

Anna - I keep thinking the same, that I've jumped the gun and jinxed things but my feeling on this is that you have to start to enjoy the pregnancy at soe time What will be will be. And don't worry about the symptoms, they can come and go all the time - bet you'll get them back even stronger tommorrow!

Hazy - well done on the scan. Bet you feel so much better now. I have my first scan at 6 weeks and I am also sooooooo nervous as we have never seen anythiing on a scan before.

Mashy - I am a teacher too What year group do you teach? I have a class of immensly challening year 4/5s And I also had PPA this afternoon Sorry to hear you hav ebeen so sick i can't offer any advice I'm afraid as I've never had m/s before but I do hope it lessens soon for you. At least you have a sign of a good strong pregnancy there.

Everyone else - hope you are all well
AFM - nothing exciting to report axcept my wangers are absolutely KILLING me. Up until today they really only hurt in the evenings and night time in bed but today.......... OMG!! i have been in agony!! But I'll take it, and the rest.

My diary

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 8:22pm

Evening ladies,

Wow - Hazy, congrats on your scan, sounds like you have a future Olympic gymnast there :) can't believe your scan ladies was scaring you like that!

Shell - sorry to hear your sickness is so bad, to be honest nothing really worked for me either, nibbling on a rich tea and licking a lemon probably worked the best, trust me though, horrible as it may be it is reassuring, if you wake up tomorrow with none you will be fretting (like me) something is wrong! have you actually been sick? apparently that makes the nausea go so you feel a lot better, although perhaps not that practical as a teacher, you poor thing!

Daisy, thanks for your words of reassurance, done a bit of googling and it's not uncommon for symptoms to come and go. my boobs have grown loads and painfull at night too, weird how not at any other time!

big welcome to Karried, congratulations on reaching us all here happydance

Rally girl - best of luck for Thursday, is this an extra scan? do you currently have twins in there?

AFM, picked up a nasty racking phlemgy cough from somewhere that is in full force today so doing nothing tonight apart from wrapped up in front of the telly with my big box of valentine :chocs: , the gym will have to wait until i feel better, am v. tired as well, not sure if the PG thing or the fact I had an awful night sleep, hope to get a good one tonight zzzz

hope you are all having nice evenings

xxx
Anna

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 8:44pm

:hi: ladies

:thanx: for all your lovely warm welcomes!!

daisy i felt queasy over the weekend and monday but i think it was nerves about the blood test on the monday morning. the biggest things i would say was the headaches, slight backache and the fatigue. all very welcomed now considering!! how are u feeling?

anna - i know what u mean about tempting fate - its DH's birthday on saturday and i was going to buy him a wee baby grow but now am thinking maybe not...?

hazy glad your scan went well!

cant believe theres so many of us who have beautiful :BFP: - October will be a busy month!!

AFM - i got a text from my local fertility clinic to say my first scan (OMG first scan!!) will be wednesday 2nd March. oh please little baby/ies please grow and let us see you heart/s beating strong!!

happy tuesday girls xxxxx
Confused.com

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 10:03pm

Hi ladeeeeez

Congrats Hazy on your scan. No doubt we shall lose you soon as you hitch a ride to the second trimester.

Anna I still feel a little icky but not as bad so I guess its normal.

AFM
Had this pain in my left ovary for weeks and weeks now and it is really starting to hurt now.
I am frightened it is an ectopic. I have had one before. About 18 years ago and I remember bleeding and awful pain like nothing else.
I have had neither the bleeding or pain that I can't handle.
Its more of a dull ache that comes and goes. If I hadn't had the ovary pain before TX I would be devastated I really would.

Anyhoo enough moaning. WE ARE PREGNANT wooooio

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:02am

Morning!

I reached the 5 week mark today wooooohooooooooo!! Now I just need o get to FRIDAY and we've beaten all my previous pregnancies.

confused - not much by the way of symptoms yet except occasional insomnia, fatigue and achy tatas:) But like you say, bring it on!!!

Anna - glad a good session on google has reassured you. Sorry you have got THE PHLEGM!!! Yuk!! What about a nice face steam to clear it up? Seems like everyone has it at the moment, the warmer weather is waking up all the germs.

Taxi - Sorry that ovary is still giving you gip. Should you go and get it checked out if it is hurting so much? Other than ectopic, what could it be? it's horrid, when we are so worried about being pregnant and that everything goes to plan - to top it off, you get ovaries playing you up. GO AWAY OVARY PAIN!!!!

That's all from me, nothing new to report.

Have a great hump day - just today and tomorrow to get through and then we have WEEEEEEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

xx

My diary

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 9:50am

HI Guys,

is there anyone out there that is having trouble getting the BFP to sink in?
I am not sure what I feel but I am still shocked.
I have to test again friday which is my OTD and when I have a BFP then it might sink in better!
I have tested 3 times now though and all are BFPs - I hope they are correct!

Daisy - good luck getting to friday - I am sure you will x
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 10:02am

Morning Ladies smile2
Hope everyone had a comfortable night and those of you not sleeping too well managed to get at least a wee bit. zzzz
Just one more day to go till my next scan. Cant wait to have it but am very nervous. Anna14, yes i've got twins in there just now. Nurse was a little worried about one of them last week so arranged a second scan (i'll be 8 weeks). My clinic seem quite laid back about the scans and seem happy to do as many as needed to ensure embys are growing nicely before they discharge us to our local GP/Midwives. I'm happy with that. Wish i could have a weekly scan through my whole pregnancy to make sure everythings ok but obviously, that wont happen.

Anyway, got a nice meal out tonight which will take my mind off everything hopefully. It's with my DH's work colleagues which might sound a bit dull, but i've not been out for weeks so actually looking forward to it. Noone knows we're pregnant yet so will have to wear loose dress cos my belly is already looking big due to bloating etc. Everyone knows i like my wine so will have to think of a good excuse as to why i'm not drinking.

Welcome to any newcomers if i haven't said so already and look forward to hearing everyones latest news.

Rallygirl [zx071]

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 10:09am

Hey Ladies,

Rallygirl - good luck with the scan, I know what you mean about scans everyweek though!

Karried - completely normal for all of us I think, i did 4 tests and have had 2 blood tests :)

Daisy, love your posivitiy, lets get over this hump then it is an easy ride down to the weekend!

Taxi, since writing in your diary done some researching, apparently ovary pain is normal in early PG, something to do with the corpus leuteum, plus the fact they have been stretched.

Confused - we scan on the same day, am so nervous about it! xfingers

AFM - well, symptoms have not come back, googling today has made me feel worse as lots seem to indicate miscarriage :( called my clinic, they told me it is normal and not to worry, it doesn't really help though, am so sorry to be so negative on here, I hope I am not going to be this worried, stressed and negative all the time for the next 8 months (touch wood) I was moaning when I felt sick, now I am moaning now I am not - can one of you please give me a telling off?!

sorry ladies, my head is all over the place today :no:

xxx
Anna

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 11:41am

hiya everyone,
sorry havent been on for a while but i do come on most days to check up on how u all are, so many new preggers ladies just lovely to see so many postive results!

goodluck to everyone with scans coming up, we have our 12 week dating scan on friday, just cant believe wev made it to 12 weeks already the time seems to have flown this time

i think what u are all feelin is completetly normal, worrying all the time etc, i spend my whole pregnancy with my little boy thinkin it was just too perfect and that something was gonna happen to take it all away from us, it took me a while even after he was born to realise that it was real he was really mine and nothing was gonna happen to spoil it...i think i had to before i went nuts!

afm- took us a while but for me at least i think the idea of twins has really sunk in, and im really excited about just havin them here, although a tad nervous about how much our lives will change and havin to think seriously about whether or not il be able to go bk to work with 3 children under 3...eeek, morning sickness still very much there but alot more controlled ..basically as soon as i feel it i have to eat, which isnt great when there isnt something ready made as the smell of cookin makes it worse! 2 more sleep until 12 week scan and get to see our babies again so excited but also nervous, and have an appointment next week at the hospital which i have been told is too meet there twins specialist so im pleased il be gettin looked after well

hope you are all having a lovely day x
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 12:44pm

Thanks ladies and Anna for being a google queen. Touch wood it has so far today been fine.
Anna honey symptoms come and go. We all have to be strong I guess until the scan. Even blood tests are not going to show up that all is perfect.

Let's make a pact. Let's all believe and accept we are preggo and enjoy it rather than fret. Let's get this first scan out of the way.
Then we can all fret until the 12 week one :)

DEAL or NO DEAL.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 1:37pm

Hey Charley - definitely a deal!
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 2:07pm

It's a deal for me too Taxihome!!!! Just let me get through tomorrow xfingers

Rallygirl [zx071]

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:35pm

DEAL!!

My diary

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 8:10pm

It's a deal taxi xxx
Confused.com

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 8:36pm

Yeyyyyy lots of deals!!!
I have been running around after a toddler today. I am nakered. :) Little Viloet my DGD (Yup I am a nonny. Pregnant with her aunty or uncle) :snigger:
She is beautiful. I brought her some wellies as one of her xmas pressies & she adores them. On and off they go. Hurtling accross the room they fly. Straight at my face they wallop.
I have her again Fri night. Allllllllllllllllll night looooooong. I may sleep for a week after. :) :) She is so worth it though.

Same symptons as before for me. I have decided to up the cyclogest & quit the crinone. I hate the lumps & the burning feeling. I reckon it is that annoying my ovaries too.
Have to see my GP tomoz about my thyroid results *Gulp* I guess they are not good, which isnt good for bub either. I will have to see a specialist.

Anyhoo hope all you ladies are well.
xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 3:57am

INSOMNIA ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Been up since 2.30, awake since 1.30 But DH has been awake too this time (work issues) so he's about to make us a yummy omlette:)

Looks like I will have an excellent excuse to miss the school disco tonight!!!

How is everyone else sleeping?

xx

My diary

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 8:08am

Lovin the PMA around here, well done taxi :clap

Daisy, sorry you can't sleep but mmmmm omlette I want one now. Isn't it wierd the things that you fancy, you REALLY fancy and things that you don't fancy, you cannot face AT ALL.

Shadow, good luck for scan tomorrow sweetie, DH has been joking about twins and I honestly came out in a cold sweat. I am fretting enough about looking after a new born on top of a very lively toddler, but the idea of two terrifies me. You sound like you are taking it all in your stride, well done :clap

I hadn't had any symptoms for a few days but they are now back with a vengence, I hope they start to subside soon xfingers

I have my booking in appointment this afternoon with mw, I am really looking forward to it but have a book on hand as I know she is the most disorganised person in the world and I will end up waiting at least half an hour :snigger:

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 9:56am

Hi girls.

sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days - had a bit of a meltdown at work on Monday afternoon :rolleyes: was having lots of pains and had no sickness or sore boobs and thought something was wrong - rang clinic and they told me to rest but couldn't reassure much till scan next week so I started crying and work sent me home. Panic followed for a day or two but the pains are subsiding to occasional and I havesickness now :) which makes me think things are progressing normally xfingers

Good luck to all the girls having scans and welcome to all the newcomers (great news on your BFP's) :D

Hope everyone is ok?

Tina

xxxx

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 10:10am

Oh daisy am sorry to hear about the insomnia - I am full of the cold so I have been waking up because I can't breath!! Lol, I hope it passes for you xx

Little miss I hope your feeling a bit better, have u rested up? It's strange that we pray and hope (and cry!) for years to get pregnant and when we do get pregnant we can't help but worry our way through the next 8months! An then our babies grow up!! Hang tight Hun, that's why this forum is great, u can come and talk about it xx

Anna - oh how exciting! Only 13 days till our first scan! Eeekkkkk!!

Love to everyone xxxx
Confused.com

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 10:11am

Aily a meant to ask - are u having twins or do u not know yet? X
Confused.com

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 10:19am

Thanks confused! I did rest up and my Mam and DH ran around after me. Back at work today but taking it easy - my boss has been great throughout it all and so that helps :) I know we all worry constantly :rolleyes: 8 days to scan though so hoping all goes well and that I relax a bit after that xfingers

xxx

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 10:57am

No twins here :scared: At least I don't think so, my first scan is next Friday. I have really missed having an early 8 week scan this time as it feel like I have known I am pg forever but with no confirmation.

Little Miss, I hope you are feeling better, we get all sorts of pains and every one makes us freak out, it is perfectly natural but try to chill out and enjoy it. As Taxi says, lets make a deal to enjoy it together?

blowkiss

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 11:36am

Hey Ladies,

Little Miss, Hopefull, i haev been feeling exactly the same, sickness stopped out of the blue on Monday and then nothing for the next few days, I was panicking big time, called the clinic and they said it is totally normal so am just trying to believe them now, I have a tiny bit of nausea back today but negligible. I am just trying to think positively until the scan as we have made a deal with taxi to not freak out about every symptom or lack of! hope you are feeling better xx

Confused.... the time is dragging so much! how PG are you now? I am 6 weeks & 2 days

Daisy, hope the insomnia will get better, not sleeping is not much fun. I have horrid cold at the moment so finding it hard to breathe and sleep - feel rubbish!

Taxi - DEAL - and your DGD sounds so cute

Ali - is your scan for your 12 weeks then?

xxx
Anna

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE