You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 12:58pm

vomiting in 3rd trimester?

Hi everyone, I'm 32 weeks on Monday and in the last few days have started vomiting about mid-day. A week or so ago I started taking iron tablets prescribed by the doctor as I'm mildly anaemic. Has anyone else experienced vomiting late in pregnancy? It's not really like morning sickness - though I was very sick for the first 14 weeks or so - because I feel OK but then suddenly need to be sick (TMI!) I'm expecting twins.

Thanks, Cathy xxx
Cathy

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 1:53pm

Hi Cathy

Iron supplements can cause nausea and vomiting. It'd be worth mentioning it to your midwife and seeing if they can trying you on a different sort. Otherwise Spatone liquid iron might be worth trying instead - I don't think you get as much iron from it but if you are only mildly anaemic it might be enough for you. Red meats, green leafy veg etc etc will help too.

Hope you feel better soon - it doens't sound pleasant for you

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 3:56pm

Hi cathy, I too am expecting twins and I am almost 37 weeks. Yesterday I started bein really sick, so much so that by about 8pm last night I still couldn't even keep sips of water down.
DH suggested phoning the hospital, but they weren't too concerned. If it was to continue for more than 24 hours then they suggested calling the emergency doctor, but it may just be a wee bug you've picked up. In that case they tend not to ask you up to the hospital as they don't want to spread germs or infection etc.
The iron tablets do make me feel sick too, but sometimes it's takin them on a too empty stomach.
I would give yourself until tm to see how ure feelin, and dont worry about babies they will be fine. Just keep sipping water thou.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon xx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 6:21pm

I can recommend spatone as a supplement. I did also have vomiting in the third trimester. It isn't uncommon, especially if you had bad morning sickness in the first trimester.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Friday, February 11th 2011, 5:10pm

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I'll see if I can try a different type of iron. I don't think it's a bug anymore: my stomach is starting to feel very squashed so I guess that doesn't help :snigger: . It seems to be very unpredictable when I'm going to be sick; anytime during the day really. I did have bad morning sickness in the first trimester.

Thanks again! Cathy xxx
Cathy