You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 2:49pm

bruise around belly button???

Hi everyone, I'm 22 + 5 pregnant with twins and noticed yesterday that I have what looks like a bruise round my belly button, at its deepest about 1 inch wide. Has anyone else had this? I've just googled it and it seems fairly common. I haven't ever had my belly button pierced and I have bumped my bump!

I called the hospital and they said to go in just to get it checked.

Thanks, Cathy xxx
Cathy

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 3:26pm

Idont have a bruise but my laproscopy scar seems to be coming from the inside out! most disconcerting, hope all is ok Cathy. PLease let us know what they say x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 3:43pm

Hi Cathy,

Were you jabbing Clexane in your first 12 weeks by any chance? My bruises from my Clexane days still remain and my gyne says this is normal.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 3:53pm

my clexane bruises are massive and lumpy but remember you are meant to inject clexane at least 5cm away from your belly button.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 4:57pm

Thanks Bravegirl and Deedee. I've rung the hospital and the midwife says it's probably nothing to worry about. There's a lot of snow round here so getting out is going to be difficult so I might wait til tomorrow to see if it's changed. I had a lap, BG, and wondered if that was anything to do with it. I wasn't injecting though in that area. Really strange. I also feel like I'm going to explode - probably because it's twins. Very happy to see you're both getting on so well:) Will let you know how I get on.

Cathy xxxx
Cathy

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 7:27pm

Hello, I know this thread is a bit older now but I just wondered if you found out what this was?
I have the same thing, only noticed it yesterday (Im 22+4 weeks). I had a fet so no injecting, havent bumped it, it doesnt hurt, its just like a dark circle all around my belly button! Any ideas?

Thanks