You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rach202" started this thread
  • Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Monday, December 13th 2010, 11:05am

Cervix getting shorter - only 32 weeks!! Any advice?

Hi everyone!

At 26 weeks I was admitted to hospital with some bleeding and at this time they noticed that my cervix was getting shorter - 26mm (from 36 from memory). I had steroids for the babies lungs at this time. I had my 32 week scan today (by the way, I'm having twins) and it is now only 12mm which has freaked me out a bit. My Dr's appointment isn't until Friday, and to be honest I don't really trust him, but have no choice but to stay with him. Have any of you lady's had a short cervix? If so, what have you been told to do? Bed rest or continue as normal?

I'm also getting alot of contractions, but I've been getting these for a while now. Not painful, but uncomfortable.

My other concern is my DH is in the UK for work until the 26th Dec. I need to keep these babies inside until he gets back...... I can't have them without him here!!! Any thoughts or advice??
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, December 13th 2010, 11:14am

Hi rachel

I had a short cervix too,they didn't keep measuring it though as they said there would be no point! I was given Progesterone Pessaries to use 2x a day,but was told I wouldn't make it to full term.My twins came at 35 weeks. I don't know if they have suggested the pessaries but I was told to stop them at 34 weeks anyway.

I was told one 'good' thing about having a short cervix is that labour is quick,I had a quick labour first time round and even quicker with the twins!

Good luck,as you know every day counts and I hope things work out well for you and the twins don't put in to early an appearance

xxxx
[zx076] BEAUTIFUL 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER [zx076]

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Monday, December 13th 2010, 12:31pm

Hello my friend, cant offer any advice. But ive been told the same thing. Cervics is soft and open. Also had the lung injections. Im back seeing my consultant tomorrow. They did say to me at the time that baby could coming in the next few days or it could be another 6 weeks, that was 2 weeks ago. So im none the wiser. but I will let you know what is said tomorrow. Have you finish work yet? xxx
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

• "rach202" started this thread
  • Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 12:50am

HI!

Just a quick update from me. I called the hospital and they said to come straight in. They admitted me for bed rest, monitoring and another loading of steroids. I'm now glad I called them. Now home and on bed rest. Keeping my legs closed until DH gets home on boxing day. I plan on having these babies mid jan!! :pray:
p.s - asked about the progesterone. They said there is no evidence that it works. I would have preferred to have them anyway - I'll try anything!! But was happy I at least have the steroids on board.
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rach202" (Dec 16th 2010, 12:52am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE