You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "scoffs" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 9:41am

Inflamed Coccyx

I was in an especailly long meeting last week and since then my coccyx is incredibly painful. I didn't notice sitting pain at the time but the next day and the days following it has deteriorated so much that I haven been crying in agony. I've been twice to my GP who was very surprised that I hadn't fallen as I was suffering so much. I've been taking paracetamol and co-codamol but I'd rather not take anything but I just can't bear it. The Dr said this could last for months :bawl:

Now I'm not a very good snowboarder and going on holidays for a week and falling continuously did not result in this, so I can only assume it is this bad since I am pregnant (17weeks). Has anyone had anything like this? Please tell me it got better and it didn't take months!! currently I can't lie, sit stand do ANYTHING without it hurting.

Thanks
Scoffs x
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "scoffs" (Nov 22nd 2010, 9:42am)

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 2:03pm

Hi Scoffs,
Not had this myself but a good friend did, it did last her a while but I am sure every person is different. She was a runner and thought it could have been jarred at some point. Anyhow the reason I responded is she got this ring cushion thing, looked a bit like a large donut, and she said it was a life saver so thought I'd pass that on. Hope it improves soon. I had sciatica so I know none of these things are fun!
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 2:21pm

hi there hon

its sounds like pelvic girdle pain to me, I have this and have been to my GP this morning who has referred me for physiotherapy. It happens as the ligaments round the pelvis soften to allow for the baby to come out.

These sites may well help:

Pelvic pain support

Its used to be called SPD so google that or Pelvic Girdle Pain and loads comes up.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/an…lth/pelvicpain/

wiki

It goes away after delivery but if its that bad, your GP should refer you for physio.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 3:20pm

Thanks for advice ladies. I'm a runner (given up now as I feel like I'm boucing her around too much) so I hope it doesn't last too long. I've got a cushion that has a cut out for your coccyx and that is about the only thing I can sit on (for a short time). I did wonder if it was the start of some pelvic girdle stuff as I am hypermobile (lax joints) so I am much more likely to suffer from this. I hope it gets better if not I will be back down the Drs.

Thanks again :)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Reg: May 12th 2007

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 4:49pm

Hi Scoffs

I have severe SPD and have done from about 16/17 wks. Soreness and numbness in the Coccyx is one of the things I suffer from. I've had abit of a rigmarole to be honest and didn't get much help initially but when it came to the point that I was in so much pain and practically immobile I started to shout out. If you speak to your midwife they should refer you straight for Physio and I was then assigned an Occupational Therapist to assess me at home and have lots of aids and in the end sought the help of a pregnancy qualified Chiropractor as I was at my wits end. Its tooks several weeks but I'm up and about for short periods at least and in less pain. I also now have Hydrotherapy at the local hospital which is also helping. I hope you can get something sorted soon as the ligaments will only soften further and thus the bones move more freely so the pain only progresses as the pregnancy does. I was told it was just part of pregnancy and it would go after the birth but I'm not putting up with a plaster ( i.e painkillers & tubigrip & crutches) and have been determined to beat this condition and proved that there are soloutions out there that can help. Sadly I do still need regular pain relief but at least I'm managing it and have some quality of life instead of been completely in pain and immobile all of the time. Hopefully your condition won't progress so far but please do what you can for yourself now and push for some help Asap!!!

Hope you get something sorted!! xxx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Geordie" (Dec 1st 2010, 4:51pm)

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 5:14pm

Well it is amazing what time and a cushion can do. 10 days later I am feeling MILES better. I am back to functioning normally and I am completely aware of what will set this off again, bascially too much sitting on my bum. I have very strict rules for myself now and I make sure i'm not immobile for long periods of time as this makes it hurt. My leg is still numb from my hip to my knee but it doesn't hurt so I am not bothered. I'm even back at the gym which pleases me a lot.

Thanks for all your help and advise ladies. I hope that you all start to feel better.