You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "BooBoo" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:37pm

Bleeding 7 days after BFP

just need some advice and wondered if anyone has been in same situation and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy.

i had my BFP 7 days ago but this afternoon i noticed red in my knickers. it wasn't lots but enough to scare the life out of me.

sinse then i've had a pink tinge on loo roll when i got to toilet (sorry if tmi) and more like a light 'spotting' now.

i'm really worried af will now arrive and my happiness will be snatched away.

just wondered what the likely hood is i'm just spotting and is it common or is it more likely i will miscarry.

I'm so sick to the stomach with worry. i'm resting up now and just praying AF stays away.

any advice would be great as hospital said i just had to wait and see what happens over next day or so.....

thanks x x x

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:40pm

Hi lovely, whilst I haven't been preggers, I have a friend who did bleed. She was advised to have a lot of rest and yes, she did carry to term.

At least you say the bleed is now just spotting, so easing off. Sorry I can't give an confident response, but I wanted to let you know it doesn't have to be bad.

Thinking of you. x

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:44pm

Boo Boo - didn't want to just read & run.

Sorry I cant offer any advise as havn't yet been pregnant, but eally hope everything works out ok. I'll say a wee prayer for ya.

Cheers

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:53pm

Boo boo, Sazzle had spotting pretty much all the way through the first tri. They kept scanning her and all was well. It is pretty common. Maybe PM Sazzle or check in her diary (she's in the pregnancy diary section), it might reassure you a bit.

xxx

ruthie

Superstar

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:54pm

Just thought, Blue had spotting pretty much all the way through I think and her twinnies are about 9 months old now.

xxx

Reg: Oct 31st 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous son conceived naturally

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:57pm

Boo Boo, every pregnancy is different and blood can mean any number of things, but this could be implantation bleeding (which i had at 7 weeks), a cyst that has burst(which i had at 9 weeks) and some women have a slight bleed every 4 ish weeks when their period would have been due which you guessed it, I also had until i was 12 weeks. I went on to have my beautiful baby boy who's absolutely perfect and now 3 and a half! If the bleeding gets any worse, clots etc then i would see a doctor, if its enough to soak a pad i would see a doc, but if its just when you wipe, i put my feet up for a few hours and it stopped pretty much immediately.
Try not to worry.
xxxxx

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 5:58pm

Hi Boo boo,

With my first pregnancy I had some light spotting from about 7 weeks on. I believe it was caused by a softening of the cervix, due to the progesterone pessaries.
I did go on to miscarry but at 12 weeks, way after the spotting had stopped and had nothing to do with it.

Try not to worry about it hun, impossible I know, but is more than likely nothing untoward, especially if it has stopped.

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 6:17pm

Hi BooBoo, Sorry sweetie can't answer your question but just wanted you to know that i was thinking of you - there have been plenty of positive posts so keep resting and hoping for the best - hope that the bleeding has stopped xx

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

miss0484

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 6:31pm

hi, this happened to me a week after my BFP (i'd undergone ovulation induction) i went to hospital and they told me that bleeding is very common in early pregnancy, it gave me hope that i would still carry my iccle baba but in my case i went on to lose it :-( everyone is different. but i was shocked to how common bleeding is and women carry on to have pefect babys, i know its hard but rest and think positive and hope it stays on in there. good luck hun! that was in october and im waiting now till its time to test, i went on to possibly ovulate myself after the miscarriage where i usually dont, so fingers crossed that i get a natural BFP :-)
Miss0484

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 6:41pm

hi hunnies,
thanks so much for your replys. they did just what i needed..... set my mind at rest a little bit (as much as is poss at the mo anyway!).
i'm just praying it is spotting, as i've been googling and seen its not unknown.
i'm just anxious as only time will tell whether it gets more than just spotting.
i'm just resting up now (not off to work this week thats for sure) and will continue praying as always.

thanks so much for sharing your stories and your support, i think i'd go insane without this site sometimes!!

any more positive stories welcome ;)

x x x x

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 6:53pm

Hi Booboo

Just try and rest like the other girls said. We all have stories good and bad but at the end of the day what happens to others has no real bearing on what you are going through.
All I will say is that apparently bleeding is more common in IVF as well ..... it is just not what we expect to happen...but I am sure it is all natural..

It will work out hun....just wait and see xxxxx

Thinking of you lots xxx
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 8:56pm

I would actually go to the doctors/clinic and see if you can have a scan a bit earlier than 7 weeks. You should be able to see something at 6 weeks. They can also do blood tests to reassure you. But that's just me I am anxious and can't wait. Hopefully it will soon go :hugs:

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: Expecting Twins June 2010 :)

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 9:14am

Hi Boo Boo
How's things this morning hope the spotting has stopped..
I too had a bleed just 2 days before my 7wk scan, it started mid afternoon an continued till I went to bed, then nothing the next day just very dark brown old blood I was convinced something bad had happened and dreaded the scan.. But all was as it should be :) I'm almost 11wks now and still have the dark brown stuff every now and again!!
Like Maria said I would ask to bring scan forward.. Take care and rest up fingers crossed for you x x x

TEST DATE 1st March 2010 - BFN :'(
2nd IVF Sep 10 - BFP :) TWINS :) <3 <3.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 11:14am

hi there

I had 4 lots of spotting between 7 weeks and 10 weeks and I rested up and all was ok. Please try not to panic, easier said than done I know.

xx
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 11:32am

thanks girls for your reassurances. it really does give me hope.

well the spotting seems to have eased a little. its really pale at the mo and was more diluted brown this morning than red/pink so xfingers its just a scare.

i rung the hosp this morning and they said i could have bloods tomorrow but they would be inconclusive cos i'd still have hcg in my blood anyway they wouldn't be able to draw a conclusion as to whether i'm still preg or miscarrying or not. i don't know if to ring back tomorrow and do them anyway or would i be giving myself more to worry about....

they won't bring my scan forward cos they said the less times i get interfered with (with it been an internal scan) the better and if i got there and they couldn't detect anything then i'd have to just go back.

so all i can do is pray the spotting stays away and see what the next few days bring.

thanks so much for all your replys, i really appreciate it and it has made me a little more positive

x x x x

Why Bee

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 11:41am

Morning! The bloods on their own tell you nothing everybody varies so much with their hcg, mine is on the low side of normal, but it will give you a baseline for when you go back for your scan, so it might be a good idea. I wish my clinic felt the same about the scans!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

ruthie

Superstar

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 11:50am

Depending on how you feel you could ask for bloods 48 hours apart. One lot of HCG won't tell you much, but 2 lots 48 hours apart will as they will see if they are rising properly.

It depends on how you feel at the minute. Arguably none of these tests will make any difference and it would be best to wait until your scan and see what they see then. If you're a control freak like me, I can't deal with not knowing and need as much info as possible, in which case I would push for bloods and or a scan. I'm better when I know what's going on, even if it isn't good news. If, however, you would feel better sitting and waiting and hoping then do that, as it may be that a scan is inconclusive this early and you might worry more if you don't get a good result on scan and have to wait longer.

The fact that the spotting is slowing is a good sign as well. When I miscarried the spotting got heavier and heavier over a few days. There are so many reasons for a light bleed so try not to fret (impossible I know).

xxx

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 4:16pm

hi whybee and ruthie

yeah i think thats why my clinic don't initially do bloods as they say everyones is so different that they cause more worry than anything else. i think the plan would be to do bloods 48 hours apart and see whether the levels rise or not. i may just do this as it will give me an idea.

the spotting has actually stopped for now so i've just got my xfingers xfingers it stays that way! i'm actually terrified everytime i go to the loo..........

thanks for your advice ladies, really appreaciated x x x

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 5:43pm

aww booboo i really hope its all still stopped xfingers all stays ok

thinking of you and DH take all the time of work you think you need LO is way more important
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 9:24pm

gestone stopping af

something my mum has questioned is worrying me.......

she said can my spotting have stopped due to my gestone injections (progesterone) i'm on at the moment. now i'm worried that the only reason i haven't miscarried and my spotting has stopped is because of the gestone injections and not because things are ok......

just wondered if anyone would know the answer to this

thanks again peeps x x x x

ruthie

Superstar

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 7:22am

The gestone isn't that strong. There is no evidence that progesterone can stop a threatened m/c. If you were spotting because your progesterone levels were low and they gave you gestone it might help but that isn't the case here. Your progesterone levels will have been nice and high all along due to the gestone.

I've had AF come while on progesterone and had a m/c while on it, it won't stop these things. If anything it's more likely that high P levels made everything delicate and that's why you spotted.

There are so many reasons for spotting and, in my experience anyway, spotting rapidly got worse and was associated with pain when I miscarried.

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 8:34am

Ruthie you are AMAZING!!

thanks so much for your reply. i've been worrying about it most of the night sinse my mum put the idea in my head!! i thought surely gestone wasn't that good to prevent bleeding from a m/c but i have been worried thinking maybe thats why the spotting stopped.

right i'm going to stop worrying now....... 25hrs until my scan!!!

x x x x

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 12:30pm

the gestone won't prevent a miscarriage sadly. When I lost at 6 weeks I was still on it. Also there was no mistaking the miscarriage, lots and lots of bleeding and lots of pain. Hang in there hon. x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 6:17pm

thanks for the info bravegirl.
and congrats on passing your halfway mark x x x

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 11:17pm

Hey BooBoo
I too have had the bleeding/spotting throughout early pregnancy. In fact at 18 weeks I think I've just had my first full week without any! The docs and midwives have all disagreed on the cause with most of them saying "it's just one of those things". So their nonchelance tells me it is fairly common and I try not to worry.
Hope all ok with you now.
Caz
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Friday, November 26th 2010, 2:08pm

Hi Caz
thanks for that hun. all is ok with me at the mo thanks. the spotting stopped and my scan revealed one healthy heart beat so i'm very relieved. but still been cautious though at this early stage!

congrats on your pregnancy. how crazy the due date is on you DS's b.day and with embies from the same fresh cycle! Fantastic!! technically they will be twins born 2 years apart won't they? Hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy hun x x x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE