You are not logged in.

Unread posts

amanda38

• "amanda38" started this thread

Reg: Jun 8th 2010

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 1:27pm

preg wk 9 no apetite

hello ladies för the past 4 weeks i seem to have lost my apetit, the potions are getting smaller and smaller day by day. i dont like the smell of meat,fish chicken or anything. but i have to eat something, i am tired and eak due to not eating properly.if i force mysel a food my stomach swells i end up taking something to ease the uncomfotableness i expirience. I will go to the doctor on wednes day anybody out there expiriencing the same thing. Help me how can i get my apetit back??(

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 2:14pm

I think it's quite common to go off foods due to nausea, and often you get indigestion and constipation caused by the high progesterone levels so that would make you uncomfortable after you eat. I guess the best thing is to eat little and often and fairly high calorie foods like carbs so you get the calories you need. Hopefully it will pass in a few weeks but I do think it's worth talking to the doctor anyway.

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 2:17pm

Hiya

Congrats on your BFP!! I just wanted to let you know that i experienced this-mostly due to nausea but also bloating and feeling so full. I coped by DH bless him bringing me strong tea and ginger biscuits in the morning and just nibbling through out the day and when i say nibbling i mean like one bite of toast as it was all i could face. The midwife told me just little and often and baby will take what it needs-in the first three months i lost half stone and was worried but i have gradually increased in the last two months and baby is measuring fine. Homemade soup, fruit salad anything you can have prepared in the fridge and just whip up when i moment of hunger kicks in and have a couple of mouthfuls of.

This might not work for everyone but just wanted to let you know that it seems pretty common to feel like this- also meat is still a dodgy area for me now i have to really be hungry to eat any of it!!

All the best NYH X XX

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Newyearhopes" (Nov 21st 2010, 2:19pm)

Reg: May 12th 2007

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 6:58pm

Hi Amanda

I too suffered with this during early pregnancy and couldn't eat a thing and like NYH I lost weight too. I was stressed about it but I just ate what I could when I could and didn't worry about whether my nutritional intake was substancial as I knew the babies would take what they needed from me. All I could eat was carbs, rice cakes and ice lollies. Everything turned around for me from about 16wks and now I have a really hearty appetite and the twinnies are both good weights for how many weeks I am so it levels out. If you are still worried about it speak to your midwife or GP. Hope this has put your mind at rest a little! xxx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE