You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "frankie1" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 12:40pm

Swine flu and seasonal flu injection

Hi im sure there must be a thread already on this but i cant find it! I was wondering how many people have said yes to the swine flu injection and if there has been any side affects? Finding it really hard to decide! Would having previous pre-eclapsia signs with previous twin pregnancy and gestational diabetes at the moment put me at even higher risk? Are u going or had the seasonal flu injection too? thanks x
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 12:46pm

hi there

I have asthma so always have the jab but I have decided not to. I dont really trust the swine flu (and I think it might be a live vaccine) plus I have immune issues and the last thing I need is an immune flare when my body fights the injection.

This is a personal decision though so maybe you could talk to your midwife/GP about it - both mine said I should have it due to asthma. Now I know uncontrolled asthma is bad for baby and if I actually get the flu I could be very ill, but they would treat the asthma accordingly if and when that happened. Its a calculated risk.

Edited to say - it does not matter about those issues you mention, just being pregnant puts you in the category where they say you should be immunised.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 12:58pm

Here is the original Swine flu thread. I've copied your posts there.

Swine Flu Vaccine

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE