You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sukitot

• "sukitot" started this thread

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Children: little boy

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 10:43am

measurements of tummy

Hello

I am 31 weeks been to see midwife today not my normal one but she measured me at 30 and said dont worry is anyone else showins smaller larger etc.

Also is anyone around this stage starting to be breathless and achy around the pubic area it is getting really heavy and feels quite loose.

Just have so many aches and pains sorryto go on just wondered how everyone else is

Thanks

Suki

x
suki

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 2:37pm

Hiya - hope you aren't feeling too achy at the moment!

It seems to be quite normal for measurements to be over or under from my and friends experiences. Some of my friends that are currently pregnant are measuring spot on, whereas others are measuring up to 3 weeks bigger. Apparently I am 1/2 a week bigger than my EDD - god knows how you can measure 1/2 a week, but that's what the midwife says!! hee hee

If she was concerned she would have sent you for a scan etc. I'd look on the positive - the baby might be a small one!!

As for breathlessness, well, I'm 30 weeks and at work i'm constantly huffing and puffing as I walk up the very short corridor! It's just where the baby grows and your lung capacity gets smaller due to baby being in the way. Aching is quite normal too. Everything squeezed up and out, more weight to carry in front so over compensating by positioning your body differently, increased hormones, baby taking nutrients from your body - it all adds up to one thing - aches! (unfortunately) Also, the baby will be beginning to dip into the pelvis and 'engaging' so that would explain the heaviness.

BUT - if you are concerned and the pain / ache gets worse, defo see your doc / midwife to double check. Braxton hicks could also be a cause.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 4:46pm

Each MW will measure you differently as they will never get exactly the same spot to measure from. Also it can depend on babys position too, I was measuring big but then gave birth to a 6lb 11oz baby!!! Also depends on who much fluid you have in there and probably what you've eaten too, if you're feeling bloated it can ad a few mm on!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, October 15th 2010, 9:01am

Hey

Try not to worry about your tummy measurement too much. Mine is just 31cms at 37 weeks and there is absolutely nothing wrong. My baby is a good size and I've got plenty of fluid - I was checked by two different consultants and had an ultrasound on Tuesday.

If your MW is worried about your size she will send you for a scan.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Saturday, October 23rd 2010, 7:10pm

I was just the same and was only measurign 37cm at 40 weeks - baby is fine and is growing like a good 'en now!
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok