You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jo101

Star

• "Jo101" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 7:35am

Belly Support band after C section

Hi girls,

I was wondering if anyone used one of these post C section and where they got it from?
I would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks a mil,
Jo x

2nd IVF :BFP:

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 9:55am

Hi Jo,

I bought a Theraline Caesarean Belt to wear afterwards, but to be honest I found it really uncomfortable so only had it on for 5 minutes! The theory was good - you could have cushioned, warmed or cooled padding and a plastic protector - but the corners of the plastic bit were so sharp they kept on digging in each time I sat down. Without the protection of the plastic, there wasn't much point in it as the belt itself offered no support, it was just like a bumbag. I got mine from ebay, but I know mothercare sell them. They have good reviews so it looks like a lot of women found it useful!

I found cheapy jogging bottoms and high-up granny pants to be perfect - the thick waistband on the bottoms offered enough support and the granny pants were clear of the scar.

Good luck with your c-section I hope it all goes well! :xxx3:

Moonshine

Jo101

Star

• "Jo101" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 4:19pm

Thanks for the advice Moonshine, might check out mothercare!
Jo

2nd IVF :BFP:

Reg: Nov 23rd 2007

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 5:36pm

Hi Jo,
i did look at the belt but a friend suggested maternity support knickers from Mothercare, i bought 2 pairs to give them a go and had to go back to get more as they were fab, buy a size smaller if you do decide to try them !
1st cycle ARGC June 08
BFP in July 08
Blighted ovum at 1st scan.
1st Fet starting,hoping for transfer early Dec,abandoned
start medicated fet in Jan 09
BFP with twins
Late miscarriage at 21 weeks ( Charlie and Libby,perfect but born too soon)
Harrison Charlie born at 27 weeks and doing well

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE