You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "northern_monkey" started this thread

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: 1 wonderful little boy

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 4:50pm

Shock BFP but spotting at 19dpo.

I'm 19 dpo and had my HCG blood test on Monday and shockingly got a BFP. I also did several tests myself (Thursday, Saturday & Monday) which steadily showed a darkening line.

But yesterday I had a bit of brown discharge first thing and generally felt like I do the day or two before AF shows up (cramps etc).

Today I had the same this morning and this afternoon I'm definately spotting. It's brown not red and not much but I'm terrified this means I'm losing it.

I'm close to tears now as to go from the amazement and grinning to myself over the last few days to this............

Just need to know if anyone else has experienced this and what happened, even if not good news. It's the not knowing what's happening that's doing my head in.

My DP's on the other side of the planet this week so I'm sat here on my own and not coping very well :bawl:
Polycystic ovaries.
First IVF cycle - amazing BFP.

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 4:53pm

Sorry can't answer you question as not been there yet - didn't want to read and run! - i hope everything is ok - good luck

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 4:59pm

Hi NorthernMonkey, try not to worry: I think a lot of women who've had IVF have spotting during their pregnancy. An American consultant told me it was 33%. Have you contacted your clinic for their advice? Take care and good luck with your BFP, Cathy xxx
Cathy

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 6:53pm

Thankyou both for your support. It helps. I guess there's nothing I can do but wait and see what happens. If it continues or get's worse tomorrow I shall call the clinic.
There seems to be such mixed opinions out there about what it can mean.
Polycystic ovaries.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 7:54pm

I had brown spotting days 12dpo and 13dpo with cramps and feared the worst too.
Have you phoned your clinic or spoken to your GP? Maybe they can arrange to do another HCG to put your mind at rest?
Honestly though, the worrying we do during treatment and even throughout pregnancy too. I really wished I hadn't worried nearly so much as I did. I enjoyed my pregnancy but wished I had been able to enjoy it a bit more.
I hope everything is ok and settles down. Let us know how you are getting on,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:16am

Thanks Lisa. I'm not panicking so much this morning as there has been no more spotting since yesterday afternoon. I'm just going to take it easy and try not to be stressed. I naively thought that if I was ever lucky enough to get a BFP I would just enjoy being pregnant as it has taken me so long to get here. Didn't realise you just get a whole new load of things to worry about!

I'm just so terrified of losing it at this stage. The IVF was my last ditch attempt and if this doesn't work it's pretty much game over, so to come this far and then fail, I'm just not sure how I'd cope.

I talked to my DP last night and he was lovely about it all, quite understanding for once (he's not always that brilliant at understanding the female emotional side to all this) and that made me feel calmer. He gave me the 'if you feel positive about it that will influence the outcome' speech, so lot's of PMA for me today.

Thanks again ladies for you support. Makes you feel that you're not on your own.

x NM
Polycystic ovaries.

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 10:12am

:angel2: Good luck that the spotting stays away. It must be really hard without your DH there for support.

:xxx3:
Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 10:20am

Hiya,

It is really common to spot in early pregnancy, especially around the time your AF would be due as your body hasn't quite got used to the fact so it tries to carry on as normal but is prevented from doing so by the pg hormones but you do get a bit of spotting while it works itself out. If it gets worse of you have any pain then please phone your clinic or GP immediately.

Hope everything is OK today.

If you don't mind I am going to move this thread into the 1st Trimester section in the pregnancy forum as there are ladies there who are all at the same stage as you and some of who will have had the same worries.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Riley

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 10:22am

Hi Northern Monkey

I had brown spotting about a week before test day and was convinced it hadn't work. I continued to have it until a week after getting my :BFP: . And as you can see i am 5 months pregnant with a healthy little boy!!! smile2 . It's hard not to freak out but try to stay calm.
Riley :xxx3:

Mar 2010-ICSI :BFP:
Apr-7wk+4 [zx115] seen
July-20wk+4 bab22

Reg: May 9th 2009

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 10:25am

It sounds like late implantation to me. If it was your period, surely it would just come on? The fact your pregnancy test is darkening is a very good sign as is the fact the spotting stopped. Have you called your clinic to see if you can get your HSG tested? I really really really hope it works out for you hon. All the best. xxxxxxx
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 11:24am

Hiya,

At 19dpo it wouldn't be implantation. Like Grace said its really common to spot around the time of your period. So generally 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks (yes it can take your body that long to decide not to have periods!!) The HCG keeps your period at bay.

As long as its brown and you're not in any pain. If it becomes red and you get pain then definately phone the clinic or GP. Brown blood is usually old blood.

I had bleeding (the brown stuff like you) and I now have a healthy baby.

And the worrying never stops!!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 11:48am

I always think that if you are worried it does no harm whatsoever to ring your clinic. They may advise that you up your dose of progesterone for a little while, or even some bedrest.
Try to take it easy and NOT worry - hard I know! - but use the resources available to you...That's what you pay them for!!

:xxx3:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE