You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Kelly1981" started this thread

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: St Mary's

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 3:12pm

Preterm Labor Worries

Hi everyone,

I thought that once I reached this stage I would relax. Im not feeling sick anymore, the risk of miscarriage reduced dramatically at 12 weeks and I now have a nicely rounded bump that shows me and the world im pregnant.

HOWEVER now im worried about preterm labor. Im terrified that I will go into preterm labor, they won't be able to stop it and ill lose my babies. I know im being irrational but I cant help myself. I wish they could check my cervix everyday to check that it was firmly shut closed! How do you tell the difference between stretching pains and early contractions? Discharge and amniotic fluid? I know that its crucial to notice early so they can stop things but im scared ill just think im being paranoid!

I wish I could enjoy every moment of being pregnant but Im wishing the weeks away untill im further along.

Oh dear I never used to be this paranoid worrier!

Feb/March 2009 1st IVF BFP blighted ovum diagnosed @ 8 week scan
babydust
2nd IVF April :BFP: Two baby8 bab10 due 22nd December 2010
Fingers Crossed this time will result in our much wanted Baby X

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 3:18pm

Hiya,

Please do not worry. You will know the difference when the time comes. Contractions are a strange feeling like none I've ever felt.

Amniotic fluid is like water so you will know the difference as you will just feel it coming down.

A lot of the twin mummies have been making it to over 38 weeks too so I wouldn't worry too much about them arriving early.

We worry all the time through pregnancy. Its natural to worry.

If you think there is something wrong though chick please speak to your MW.

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 3:42pm

Hi Kelly,

Please try to relax and not to worry too much! You should be enjoying this stage of pregnancy before your bump gets too big and all the aches and pains kick in, especially with the twinnies. You should be carefully monitored, so try to take comfort in that your docs and midwives are all looking out for you and be reassured when you get called in for your regular scans.

I've not had my guys yet, so I can't tell you what the difference is between Braxton Hicks and real contractions, but from what I've been told, you'll know the difference. Also, there seem to be lots of twin mummies who are making it to 37 weeks, so as long as you are keeping yourself well, you really shouldn't fret too much. Even the early twinnies all seem to be doing well, so you will be in the best of hands whenever they arrive.

As for the discharge qn, I've been leaking urine for a while now because of bump size. Last time I saw my doc I asked to check and make sure that was what it was and he was happy to confirm that it wasn't fluid. If you're worried at all, just get your mw or doc to do a check, it's quick and puts your mind at rest.

Take care!! [zx127]
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 9:56pm

Kelly

I know it's easy to say but try not to stress about pre-term labour. Firstly our NCT teacher told us 34 week twins tend to be healthier than a 34 week old singleton as for some odd reason they naturally mature quicker, so worst case scenario if you do go into labour things can be done to help them. I got paranoid at 30 weeks and wouldn't let DH anywhere near me incase sex started labour but now I'm 38 + 5 and just wishing they would turn up.

My friend once told me that you stress all the way through pregnancy and then again when they are born and I'm just getting to the stage where I'm realising that she's absolutely right!

Good luck and remember to use all the support available to you via the board.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 10:11pm

Hi Kelly. Huge hugs to you hun as you sound stressed.

I think it was Bells who said that pregnant women should have a window in their tummy so that we could constantly check to see what's going on in there. Wouldn't that be fab?! Worrying is sooo normal, whether you have 1, 2 or 3 in there. Its very easy to say 'don't worry, it'll be fine', but that doesn't help at 2 am when you're lying awake worrying eh?! I know that, particularly with DD2, I worried throughout my whole pregnancy and wish now that I'd relaxed and enjoyed every second.

So, what I'll say is that ante natal care is generally good, you are being monitored and that even if you do go into labour prematurely, the odds are still in your favour, and your babies. My DD1 was born at 32 weeks and is now a very active, chatty, wonderful 5 year old. The care she received was fantastic and as soon as there looked like there was a problem I was in hospital and well looked after.

If your anxieties are really getting you down, why don't you talk to your midwife. She'll be able to reassure you hopefully and give you some extra support.

I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you Kelly.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Monday, July 19th 2010, 3:25pm

Thank you all soo much for your support. I feel better this week and have tried to give myself a virtual slap!

I was strating to really stress that I would go into preterm labor before 24 weeks when they wouldnt do anything to help but I have had a word with myself :snigger:

I have my 20 week scan in two weeks and I will have a chat to my midwife about my worries then and try not to stress now as I know that it cant be doing my babies any good at all.

I think I assumed that once I would get past the 12 week mark I would relax and it came as a shock that the reality it ill just find something new to worry about!

Thank you all again for your posts they really helped blowkiss

babydust

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, July 19th 2010, 9:43pm

You never stop worrying!!! I think its from the moment you find out your pregnant then through pregnancy, child birth, baby years, toddler tantrums, starting school, making friends, teenage behaviour, leaving home, finding love, having babies of their own etc etc. A BFP is ticket to world of worry (and love and happiness!).

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Wednesday, July 21st 2010, 8:45am

:yes: That is very true!

Think I need to just accept that I am always going to worry about something but I need to try to enjoy it too.

Thanks again for everyones comments and advice.

Much appreciated bigkiss

babydust