You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Newyearhopes" started this thread

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 9:55am

Anyone else had such dizzy spells

Hi all

I have been feeling really giddy for thr past two weeks usually when i stand up, but from friday its happening even when i am sitting or lying down, i walked my little boy to school this morning (abt 1/2 mile) by the time i got there i was out of breath, heart racing and room was spinning. It is possible that my lack of eating is contributing to this because of severe nausea and i am extremely anxious waiting for scan so panic attacks are another possibilty as i have experienced these in the past. Its really scary especially when lookinng after DS and driving to work. I called in sick on monday as i couldnt get out of bed because of feeling so sick and giddy, and thursday i was flaked out on a bean bag at work waiting for dizzy spell to go (embarrassing!!)

Any ideas?
NYH X

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 10:03am

Hi NYH

I get dizzy spells I think a lot of the time I bring them on myself due to anxiety and as you say it is the embarrassment factor which is worse then the actual dizziness. I try to talk myself out of it but all you want to do is be at home which makes you panic more because you are at work. Unfortunately I cannot offer you any advice but just wanted to say you are certainly not alone. I hope your nausea passes soon xxxx
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 10:30am

HI there

Sounds horrible what you're going through - I wonder is it worth seeing a midwife to have your blood pressure and iron levels checked?

Hope it passes soon

xxx

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 10:43am

Also, just been thinking ............ I'm sure you've tried everything to overcome the nausea/sickness but I found that apple juice was the only drink I could stomach a lot of the time which may give you a bit of sugar in your system, or sometimes I'd suck on polos or boiled sweets just to give me a bit of a sugar rush BUT some days I was fine with them and others they made me feel worse.

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 3:00pm

Thank you for replying
Jojo: i do get my self very worked up, so it could be panic attacks

Lalazig- I might give midwife a call in the morning if still feel bad, i have been struggling to drink enough because of feeling so sick, so will give apple juice a go, as for the sweets, i cant have anything minty near me which is really odd as i would go through a pkt of chewing gum a day before!! I have had to use ds berry sparkle toothpaste!!! I have been sucking love hearts and sherbert lemons which help a bit but like you say they make you feel worse other days!!

Hopefully it will pass soon x x

NYH X X X

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

Reg: Jun 14th 2010

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 8:30pm

Hi NYH

I hope you dont mind me crashing in, only just got my BFP so was just reading some of the pregnancy threads. I have got a DD and this was to be our last attempt for a sibling so over the moon. I think as Lalazig said iron and bp are a good shout, I am quite prone to dizzy spells and I got them last week and had to go and sit down as I thought I may hit the deck! I think the best cure for nausea is eating something although it is really hard. Ginger is a known one for helping sickness, so if you can stomach at least a ginger nut biscuit before you do the school run it may help.

I hope it passes for you, try and relax.

x
2009: 2 X ICSI - BFN
June 2010: ICSI - :BFP:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 8:54pm

Hi daezil
Congratulations on your BFP its so lovely for your DD to be having a brother or sister, We havnt told DS yet but he did tell my sister that he doesnt want a brother or sister he wants a dog-so we will see!!!! :snigger:

Thanks for replying, ginger biscuits have been a great help in the morning-DH has been bringing them to me in bed the past month or so-hope it lasts!! I just try and eat when i can-its weird, the only time i dont feel really sick is when i am actually eating!! But the thought of eating-urghhhh!!
Hopefully the dizzyness will go soon, am seeing the midwife next week so will see what she says.

Best of luck with the pregnancy
NYH X X X

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE