You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Natural_Horse" started this thread

Reg: May 28th 2009

Friday, May 7th 2010, 4:18pm

So achy

Hi all,

I am 8 weeks pg and my pelvic area, hips and lower back have been so sore for weeks now. I know the uterus can stretch, but is it normal to always be so achy at this stage?

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Friday, May 7th 2010, 4:26pm

I did! And still do!
I hope it's normal!!!

hang in there - you do start to get used to it :smile:
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Monday, May 10th 2010, 1:17pm

Thanks for the reassuring message Elaine. Well I think it is meant to be reassuring! God I am sick of feeling so achy and sore - and now no end in sight!

sukitot

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Children: little boy

Monday, May 10th 2010, 4:26pm

Hi
My name is Suki
I am 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow.I wondered because we are around the same stage if you fancy keeping in touch on how things are going.
I feel so fatigued at the moment very sicky tired light headed and back and stomach pain.I am seeing the mid wife for my first apt tomorrow so am going to get some reasurrance hopefully that all is ok.
It would be nice hear from you
Suki
:xxx3: :flowerbasket:
suki

Monday, May 10th 2010, 4:53pm

Hi Suki - I will be nine weeks on Wednesday so it would be really good to connect with someone at the same stage as me. Are you on the 1st trimester chat as well?

You are welcome to post in my diary (link is in the signature), do you have a diary as well? I would like to read up on your story?

I am exhausted, achy in the pelvic area, sore hips, constantly hungry and queasy at the same time but no vomitting. I am peeing a lot, but I have noticed this is getting a little bit better at night. I go to bed cold and then wake up an hour later, roasting and sweating buckets. I have loads of CM (sorry TMI), dizzy when I stand up too quickly, constant lower back pain, irritable and generally feeling sorry for myself - even though I know I should feel so estatic.

Have you had a scan yet? I had one when I was 7w+2.

sukitot

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 11:37am

HI
Your symptoms are similiar to mine.I had a scan at 8 weeks and have the dating scan with the hosp on June 10 which I cant wait to have just for reassurance,
I feel the same as you sometimes I should be really happy and I am but I feel so tired and run down I cant get going so hopefully that will soon pass and I can really get going saying that I dont feel as sicky this week so thats one good thing.
I would love to start a diary but I dont know how to if you can let me know that would be great.
Keep in touch and look after yourself
Suki :chocs: :flowers:
suki

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 12:47pm

Hi Suki - Once you have made 25 posts, or have supported the forum by becoming an FZ Friend, you will be able to see the diary section and also have full access to all other parts of the site! After your 25th post you can access the diary section and there you can start your own journey. I am trying to gather up the courage to move my diary from the egg donation section to the pregnancy section.

I too have been feeling less queasy this last week or so. From what I read, you start to feel better when the placenta takes over the work. I am still exhausted though - I am contemplating a quick kip in the car for lunch! :snigger:

Oh and I am still waiting for the date of my 12 week scan to come in the mail. Midwife put a provisional date in for June 2 but it all depends on how busy the unit is at the hospital. I feel like my life is on hold and constant countdown until the next appointment and/or scan.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Natural_Horse" (May 20th 2010, 12:49pm)

sukitot

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 5:24pm

Hi
Thanks for your message.
I totally understand how you feel about the quick nap at lunch :laugh: .I also read that about now the placenta takes over so hopefully that is a good sign that all is going okay.
I nearly didnt get a date scan my midwife who I saw last week said because I got a scan with the ivf clinic at 8 weeks that the hospital would not give me a scan at 12 weeks because I already have a due date.
I was really taken back and said so i have to wait till 20 weeks to have my next scan and she said yes.
I could not believe it I am such a worrier that I rang the hospital up and explained my previous problems etc and she said I was entitled to a scan much to my relief clap .
I am counting the days down to 12 weeks and marking them off the calendar every morning.
I will write a diary as soon as I am able so thanks for the info.
Speak soon
Suki
suki

sukitot

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:09pm

Hi
Havent seen you on for a few days I just want to check you are okay
Suki
suki

Friday, May 28th 2010, 8:48am

Hi Suki,

Sorry I have been silent, I had a bit of a scare at the end of last week where I had a bit of a bleed and went to the EPU for an emergency scan. Thankfully all is well and I got to see the baby (actually looking like a baby) moving around and measured exactly right. There was no obviously sign for the bleeding and they think it may have been the second gestation sac being shed.

The bleeding has stopped almost as quickly as it started and all is fine with me. I did feel really ill last night though with a HUGE headache and I was asleep by 8.30pm. I am still extremely exhausted and my stomach is huge at the moment. To my dismay, I put on a pair of old size 14/16 tracksuit trousers yesterday that, only two months ago you could fit two of me in and it fit perfectly! :( I think I better have a rethink of my current eating regime and make sure that it is balanced and healthy - less indulgent snacks I think!

sukitot

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 4:27pm

Hi good to hear from you.
I was feeling alittle better but this week my stomach pains,migraine and sickness have all kicked in again I just dont feel like doing anything.
My bump is getting bigger now I put a dress on last weekend and my partner said wow you can see you tummy in that thumbup thanks for that.
I have my midwife appt on Thursday and I cant wait because hopefully I will hear the babys heartbeat I had a scan at 8 weeks and it seems a lifetime ago since I have had a check that all is okay.
Sorry to be alittle too personal but this last week or so I have also had some yellowy and sticky discharge I mentioned this to the doctor and he said it is normal so I hope he is right,
Reading your comment on your second sac and it coming away I can totally relate to that in my first cycle my second sac came away and I was beside my self with worry I had quite alot of blood loss with that so I know how you feel.
Well we are nearly on our second trimester high5
I have been trying to eat better but because my sickness has returned I seem to have developed a craving for crisps and it helps I am usually a chocoholic but I really havent fancied any for weeks so that is one good thing.
I went shopping last week for new clothes and found a couple of lovely dresses in mamas and papas but I am in need of some troushers/Jeans.
Anyway lovely to hear all okay take care of yourself and keep in touch
Suki
:xxx3:
suki

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 2:39pm

Hi Suki - OMG I can not have enough crisps at the moment either! From today I am going to try to be really good and eat more healthily but it's hard as I am STARVING all the time. I try fruit but all I really want is a packet of McCoy's cheese and onion crisps! :snigger:

We are only a week from being in the second trimester partee clap :dancing: thumbup

Good luck for Thursday. I finally have my 12w scan booked in for next Tuesday - I'll be one day away from 13 weeks!

I did a slightly naughty thing on Friday afternoon. I was the only one in the office and was surfing the web and I made my first baby purchase. I was on the Pumpkin Patch website (I love their baby clothes) and bought a few items in their winter clearance. I bought a pack of three bibs, a pack of socks (3 pairs) and a bodysuit. All in neutral unisex colours of course. So even though I had planned on waiting on the 12w scan before buying – I couldn’t resist. And I saved loads as well – full price it would of cost over £25 but it only cost me £9 – bargain!

sukitot

Friday, June 4th 2010, 11:10am

Hi :bye:
Sorry not replied before now.
I have mentioned to you that I have had bad stomach cramps and discharge well I went to the midwife yesterday and told her this she was supposed to listen for the babies heartbeat but because of my symptoms she said if she could not her it I would be panicking so she rang the hospital and got me a scan on Sunday. So I am worried now there was a trainee with her and to be fair it was her that was asking me questions and the midwife was wandering around the room doing other things I felt abit annoyed. Sorry having a moaning moment i just felt until I mentioned the discharge and slight discolour she wasent bothered. She kept my notes from the first appt and she didnt have them yesterday she said if I dont get them on Sunday to ring her on Monday and she will chase them up as I should get them handed back at the dating scan which has now been brought forward to Sunday.Anyway apart from that I Still have tummyache and headache lightheadness and my tummy is getting bigger .
I too am trying to eat more healthly but I am still having the odd bag of crisps last night I just fancied a pizza so my partner went to pizza hut and got one it was lovely.
So you have your scan next Tuesday I hope all goes well for you xfingers and we can then move on to the second trimester happydance .
Have you told anyone yet I Havent told anyone apart from my sister I said I would wait till after the scan but its so hard a couple of times in conversation I have nearly let it slip :girl_haha: .
Take care and speak soon
Suki :xxx3:
suki

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: One beautiful baby girl born on Christmas Day 2010

Friday, June 4th 2010, 12:14pm

oh NH sorry just read about this, I'm sorry you had a scare but even happier that your lo is fine. As for the eating, my friend keeps telling me how I am showing, but I keep telling her its my big fat gut thats showing! I mean I am only 10 weeks, surely thats far too early to be showing! lol

Hi there Suki, hope things are good at your end.
xx
Me (33) DH (34) LSC 2 x ICSI and 1 FET (09) - all BFN's!
ICSI MAR/APRIL 10 - BFP!!!! :happy: First scan 11/05 - saw the [zx076]
Dating scan 15/06/10 - Our gorgeous baby girl arrived on Christmas Day 2010 xx

Friday, June 4th 2010, 3:32pm

Hi Suki - I am sure the midwife is just being extra cautious and booked you in for the scan for Sunday. I have my xfingers for you that you get to see your little one dancing around and its heartbeat racing away. Please let me know how it goes. Have you started a diary yet?

Sorry to hear that you are getting tummyaches and lightheadedness. The symptoms are meant to disappear soon. Already mine are going. I am still EXHAUSTED, but no more lunch time naps in car during work and I am a staying up a little later at night now as well. Any my tummy is bigger too, although I think it's because I had been eating so badly. Sometimes now I feel like my stomach is on show and is so obvious - other times I just think I am being paranoid.

I have been really good with my eating over the past few days and have actually lost a kilo. I am not really aiming to lose weight, just not put on any more than is necessary. So I might start counting calories or something. Next thing to do is to google "amount of calories per day when pregnant". LOL

Hi livinghope - perhaps we have the same type of belly. The 'look who ate all the pies' stomach instead of the 'bun in the oven' stomach! :snigger:

sukitot

Friday, June 4th 2010, 5:44pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply.I had a giggle regarding your comments about your tummy.Mine is showing to I have started to rub it sometimes deary me what am I like.
I am so pleased that your symptoms are getting a little better I hope mine start to soon.
I think you are probably right regarding the midwife will see how Sunday goes my partner was going with me but he has been called into work so I am going on my own but I dont mind .
Hi Living nice to hear from you and I hope all is going well with you some people dont show much at all at first but in the last few weeks probably since about 10 weeks my tummy has been getting bigger I just hope all is well on Sunday and I will then feel better about telling everyone. :pray:
Speak to you soon
take care and have a good weekend
Suki :hugs:
suki

Monday, June 7th 2010, 8:59am

Hi Suki - I have been rubbing my stomach as well - what are we like?

How did the scan go?

sukitot

Monday, June 7th 2010, 11:19am

Hi
I got there at 9.30 and was told it would take all morning.I first saw the nurse then I had a scan and then the nurse again.
The scan went well :weehee: :yes: I saw the little baby its a real wriggler so the nurse said all seems okay.THANK GOODNESS for that :angel2: . She could not explain why I am getting such painful stomach cramps apart from I suffer from ibs and period pains and ibs do have similiar symptoms so I am hoping that is the cause I am going to the doctor again this week to see if they can give me somthing. I had such a migraine yesterday afternoon but I am so relieved that it all seems okay, I know there is still a long way to go but I feel abit better now.So this morning I have arranged my triple test appointment and also my 20 week scan .Because of my age I am already in the high risk bracket for the triple test but I still would like to have it.
So I am just having a nice cup of tea :coffee: and a biscuit .
How was your weekend I hope you are okay I know its your scan tomorrow so I will be thinking about you and I hope it all goes well.
Speak soon and take care.
Suki
suki

Monday, June 7th 2010, 12:07pm

Hi Suki - happydance clap :thumbsup2:

So glad that the scan went well - how did your measurements go? Did you hear the heartbeat? Are you going to wait for for the test results before telling people? how many people know already? And ignore me if you don't want to answer, but how old are you? I am not sure what a 'triple' test is. Here I get a combination test where the fluid at the back of the neck is measured and a blood test done - is this the same thing?

yes my scan is tomorrow at 3pm and I can't wait! I am really excited and not nervous at all since I had the scan two weeks ago. Still I will be totally unprepared for bad news - but lets hope it doesn't come to that!

sukitot

Monday, June 7th 2010, 4:58pm

Hi
I didnt hear the heartbeat but I saw it beating away a wonderful sight.The measurements where for 13 weeks. 12.5 cm. I was 39 in April. :winking: just a spring chicken.
There is only my sister that knows but I said that we would start to tell people next week. I cant wait for the test and to be honest I am starting to show.The triple test sounds similar to what you are having the blood test puts you in a low or high risk from the results although as I said because of my age thats against my result already but she said not to worry .I still dont know about having a amnio my friend had one and she was so worried about it but I will wait and see.
I an sure all will go well tomorrow and I look forward to hearing from you :thumbsup2: .
Its lovely to have someone to chat to so thanks for that.
As I said before I will be thinking of you take care .
Suki
suki

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 7:35am

Hi Suki,

It is great talking to you as well. It's nice chatting with someone at the same stage. I think we are only a day or two apart aren't we?

So happy your scan went well. I am starting to (FINALLY) get nervous about mine. It is at 3pm today and I am working from home today, but how on earth will I be able to concentrate? Argh the day is going to go so slow!

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 12:24pm

Sukitot, so happy for you that your scan went well. I hope your feeling better and more reasurred now that lo is baking away just fine.

NH - good luck with your scan today. Is this your dating scan?

afm, I am ok just suffering a bit with splitting headaches. Off work today to just rest. I've been so so knackered recently; going to bed at 8pm!! I cant wait to start feeling more energetic so I can go swimming and actually see my evenings again. Had my booking appt with midwife, who is lovely. She has sent off for my dating scan, but was told we may have to wait 3-4 weeks for that, so we've decided to go private for a scan next week. I cant wait to see the lo and just pray that its all ok. I feel a bit nervous but I am sure thats normal. I was given that massive Bounty pack full of info and coupons, some of the stuff is really good, i cant wait to get my Bounty Freebies!

xxx

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:15pm

Hi both,

My dating scan went really well. LO was moving aroung loads and everything was 'normal'. Was dated at 13 weeks, a day ahead of what I actually. I am very happy.

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 9:33am

brilliant news NH xx

sukitot

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 3:21pm

Yeepee clap :goodnews:
So glad all is okay it is reassuring to see the little one. We are now fully pledged members of the second trimester high5 and are one third of the way through happydance ,
I have been so tired today I could doze of at any time my tummy has been alittle easier thank goodness just my lightheadness but hopefully that will go.

Thanks for your best wishes hope I am sure you will be joining us in the second trimester real soon.
Well I will speak soon take care
Suki :xxx3:
suki

sukitot

Monday, June 14th 2010, 10:37am

Hi
Havent seen you on here for a few days I hope you are okay.
Suki
x
suki

Monday, June 14th 2010, 11:02am

Hi Suki,

I must admit that since the scan I have been feeling a little more relaxed and haven't been obsessed about logging in to the forum.

I got my results back from the combined screening, I am low risk at 1 in 8300. high5 I have also signed up for my local NCT class, 2hr sessions for 7 weeks + an early days course as well. It's a lot of money for classes when you can get them for free from the NHS but they were so highly recommended that, as a new mum, I will need all the help I can get! :)

Gosh it feels a little more real now being in the 2nd trimester. only 6 weeks until the next scan!

I am still not feeling well though. I feel really ill today actually. Have already arranged with the boss to work from home this afternoon as I just need to lay down (I am so achy), have a pounding headache, am dizzy and exhausted. Gosh I hope I start to feel better soon and get my energy back.

So how are you suki? Have you told the world yet? I have, everyone was really nice but I hate being the centre of attention. Have you started a diary yet? What about getting a ticker for your signature?

sukitot

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 3:03pm

Hi
Glad you are okay. The result was brilliant for you I am so pleased I have my blood test next Tuesday I hope the result comes back okay.May I ask how old you are ??
I have told my dad and my partners parents but that is about it really just telling people as I see them.
I have been so tired and my head is throbbing most of the day every day I hope this goes soon people say you start to feel better but I still just dont have any energy.
I dont know if you have heard this but are you supposed to not sleep on your left side when you are in bed I dont know if thats right or not.
I know what you mean bout coming on here but stay in touch if you can
Take care
Suki
suki

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 3:28pm

sleeping positions when pregnant

Hi Suki,

I'm 32 and like you have heard all these rumours about getting better in the 2nd tri. I had to take a sick day from work today as I felt so rubbish. Am feeling better now - life would be so much easier if I could sleep until 11am each day. LOL

I am so sick to death of being tired all the time. I am not an indoor person and before all this spent all my spare time riding my horse, competiting in dog agility and running and swimming with my DH. Now I do nothing, even cooking dinner each night is sometimes too much to bare. I just want to get some energy back so can get back out into the great outdoors and enjoy the summer a little. Sorry for the moan - just a little frustrated today.

As for sleeping positions, I have always slept on my side and probably favour my right side. I had a quick search on the web and here is something useful from babycentre.co.uk

Sleeping on your side is best while you're pregnant. In particular, sleeping on your left side may benefit your baby by improving blood flow – and therefore nutrients – to the placenta. It also helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body, which in turn reduces swelling in your ankles, feet, and hands.

It's a good idea to start training yourself early in pregnancy to sleep on your left side whenever you can. Of course, staying in one position all night isn't likely to be comfortable, so turning from side to side while favoring your left side is probably the best strategy.

As for sleeping on your back, avoid that position throughout pregnancy, especially in the later months. Here's why:

When you're sleeping on your back, the weight of your uterus lies on the spine, back muscles, intestines, and major blood vessels. This can lead to muscle aches and pains, hemorrhoids, and impaired circulation, which is uncomfortable for you and can reduce circulation to your baby.

Back sleeping can make blood pressure drop, causing some expectant moms to experience dizziness. On the other hand, in some moms-to-be it can make blood pressure go up.

Finally, back sleeping can cause snoring and, with increased weight, could lead to sleep apnea.

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:43am

Hi Suki - how are you doing? I haven't heard from you for awhile, so I hope all is well.

Reg: Mar 24th 2010

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 8:15am

Hi Natural Horse,

OMG about the sleeping positions. Something else to plan about. I sleep on my back or stomach almost all night. I will have to shift.

Today, I was adding up servings of iron and protein. My DH says. 'Oh you are being hardcore about this.' What! Of course I am!!!! After trying for nearly 3 years. details. details.

hope you are having a good day

Sept. 09 IVF - BFN
Jan. 10 IVF - BFN
May 10 IVF - :BFP:
Twins!
:dust:

sukitot

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 6:40pm

Hi sorry not been in touch
Been fine starting to feel alittle less sicky but headaches and dizziness still there.
My bump is starting to feel alittle more heavy now.
I totally understand about cooking etc I just dont fancy cooking a meal every night oh the thought of it lol.
I hope I get this boost of energy soon that everyone talks about in the second trimester mine certainly hasent arrived yet mmmmmm
Until recently I too had a horse well I have had horses since the age of six :pony: so i know what you mean by being active.
I had to have my last horse put to sleep at the age of 25 I had had her since she was a baby so it was terribly upsetting.

I had my triple test today so just the waiting game now for the result still not decided on what to do if the result shows high riskHow quickly did you get your results ?
Anyway I am babbling on :zipit: hope all is well at your end.Will talk again soon.
Take care
suki

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 9:36pm

Hi Suki - I had my test on a wednesday and then the results came via the post for Saturday. I have my xfingers that all perfect and you are at a low risk and the scan is a magical experience. I also hope you get over the exhaustion soon, I am and from what I understand is that you don't get an energy boost, but just stop feeling exhausted all the time.

Lawrence - the sleeping position is more for the 3rd trimester, but it's always good to start practising in the second trimester. Once the bump gets better it is bad for you to lie on your back, so best break that habit sooner rather than later.

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 9:06am

PS. I have been thinking that we better move out of the first trimester section now - what do you think Suki?

sukitot

Friday, June 25th 2010, 6:03pm

Hi Got my test results in the post today 1 in 1300 so thats great :goodnews: .

Had my swine flu jab today which they recommend.

Yes may be your right we should switch to second trimester no problem see you there.
suki