You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "maryella" started this thread

Reg: Sep 2nd 2009

Children: baby girl due on the 1st jan 2011 after losing many

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 7:58pm

pregnant after loss and cant relax

hi just wanted to put a post on here to see if anyone feels the same

im 6 weeks pregnant after 2nd ivf-ive had 4 ectopic pregnancies and one tubal abortion and my first ivf failed

i am so worried about this pregnancy and so concerned that the scan on 24th may will be bad news

ive always had empty scans at a reaccurrent ectopic pregnancy sufferer and im just convince there will be nothing in this scan either

i know its kinda normal after what ive been through so i hope by writing it here it will make it easier
maryella

MY IVF DIARY

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 8:06pm

I can understand how worried you are and I suggest you try and keep yourself busy as the stress will not be doing you any good. Good luck for your scan and hope the time goes quicker for you x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 8:32pm

You really have been through it hon. :hugs: it's not surprising you are stressing. I had one mc and was also stressed especially as I had lots of bleeding. All I can tell you is that it will get easier as time goes on. Each scan will give you a little more reassurance.
It's because you want this so much that you are worrying. I worried too and look at me now! :D

statistically you are far more likely to have a good scan than not so keep up the pma if you can.

When is your scan?

bigkiss

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 9:00pm

Oh hun no wonder you can't relax. :sadface: You have been through a hell of a lot, I think it's understandable you feel this way as all your past experiences have been so heartbreaking.

After my first loss I spoke to a very good friend that said this.

Quoted

A mc is one of the worst things to ever happen to a woman and of course you're thinking back to when it happened before. A really good tip I was told and will try this time(Cos it will work) is to try and remember all the good feelings you felt about being pg and almost give permission for this little baby to stay with you. Bit arty farty but it sounds pretty cool to me..if you really think about it you don't have any control from now as to the outcome, its more than likely going to work for you, just think of little ducklings trying to get out of the water..Sounds bizarre but if it doesn't happen immediately they just keep trying and trying and trying til they do..and they always do!

I tried it with my second and third pg's, I felt so much better for enjoying the time I had with our babies even when I lost our second LO. Don't get me wrong, I did have moments of sheer terror when I thought everything was going wrong again but on the whole I felt a lot better.

I'm not sure how you manage the scan thing, I think that is the one thing that you will always dread and everyone I know that has had bad scans always says the same. :sadface:

I hope writing your feelings down has made you feel a little better.

Good luck with your scan. xfingers

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: None

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 10:23am

Good luck girl.

After 3 miscarriges, I know exactly how you feel. But you know what, you are meant to have a baby and hopefully this little embryo is the one. Think of the others as they were not meant to be. Maybe a different time in your life or those particular embies were faulty.

Keep strong and have faith that yes there is a little baby growing in you. Try to keep busy and try to not stress as it just makes the situation worse.

After 8 scans, I still get major butterflies every time and always have a slight worry something will be wrong but that feeling gets easier and easer. Besides, it's much nicer and more enjoyable to take every step in your stride and just be chilled, happy and pregnant!

Best of luck.
xxx
XXX BellaLove XXX

Feb '10 xfingers Hoping it sticks! xfingers

• "maryella" started this thread

Reg: Sep 2nd 2009

Children: baby girl due on the 1st jan 2011 after losing many

Friday, June 18th 2010, 9:09pm

I just wanted to follow this post up for anyone else reading that i am now 12 weeks pregnant
nuchal scan and baby looking great and no complications so far
feel much more positive and hope others going through this can keep the faith and find hope in my story that dreams seem to come true
maryella

MY IVF DIARY