You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 6:00pm

Can' stop eating!

:xmas5: I just can't stop eating, I am hungry all the time! Is it just me or has anyone else felt like this???

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 10:04am

Yes me... but I'm not pregnant :D

Seriously, in the first trimester it's a case of 'anything goes'. Some women can't face food and some find that the only way they feel ok is to eat regularly. Just use your common sense though... eating a lot of the wrong things isn't going to be great but having an appetite at this stage is good.

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 10:13am

I say eat whilst you can in case the dreaded morning sickness kicks in!

not sure what your 'normal' eating habits are, but you might find that adding more slow releasing energy foods into your diet will help, e.g. porridge for brekkie!

x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:26pm

Yeah - I get hungry every 2 hours or so - and its like the bottom has fallen out of my stomach.

I mean absolutely STARVING ...

So now I eat smaller meals but more regularly ..like I don't eat the banana for lunch - I keep it and have it in the afternoon instead
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 7:20pm

I'm like that at the mo -- but may just be because I got chocs for xmas and am at home alot - not doing as much exercise since started on ivf - just a walk a day - so am worried about putting loads of weight on which isn't needed .

DH doesn't help by saying well you need to put on wieght - I don't yet 5'3 and 9st 7lbs. think I'm fine as I am !
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 7:45pm

KD - I'm 5'2'' and started out weighing just over 10 stone and a size 12, I eat when I need to eat and I've not gone up any sizes, obviously my weight has gone up but thats just baby! Like Jen says - eat before the morning sickness kicks in, because I literally couldn't eat for 5 weeks!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 7:58pm

Me i cant stop eating :O i am eating bags of jellys the worse things to gain the pounds they taste nice though :yumyum: :snigger:

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Wednesday, December 30th 2009, 8:29pm

I was feeling hungry all the time and I have banned all sweets and crisps now - just not allowed.
I am also doing 30mins exercise a day. I'm overweight so I can't afford to put on a ton of weight.
So I was hoping that if I eat healthy and cut out the junk that I won't pile anymore on.
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: May 28th 2009

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 2:54pm

Hi all - I am 12 weeks tomorrow and have been starving throughout this whole first trimester and have eaten loads (and gained a little weight). I find if I am not eating then I get queasy. The queasiness has disappeared but the hunger hasn't. Does this get any better or for the next six months will I also be starving and struggling to not reach for yet another packet of crisps?!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 3:05pm

It's a toughy mmmmmm

I'd 'like' to tell you to eat what you can while you can but as you're getting to the end of the first trimester and sickness isn't a problem then I'm afraid you are going to have to be a bit careful. Sorry.

What I can say with some conviction is that the kinds of things you're currently eating 'could' be the kinds of foods that make you feel hungry again quite soon after eating them. Things like bread, potatoes, cakes, crisps, pastries, pasties etc.... they ALL make you feel hungry quite soon after having eaten them and then, to add insult to injury, they make you crave more of the same.

Higher protein foods will help you feel fuller for longer and although you will still crave the wicked sugary/fatty/carby food for several days, after that your cravings should subside enough for you not to feel like you want to lie down in the bread and cake aisle and eat your way to the till :snigger:

It's no fun when you've had your baby, your belly's the same size just saggy, you have a baby to look after and you're frightened of stepping on the scales. As harsh as it is to have to watch your weight while you're pregnant it's sadly necessary. Whoever invented the saying 'eating for two' needs shooting :rolleyes:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 4:27pm

Here here Bells. They definately need shooting.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 8:47pm

Ha, I'd forgotten about this thread. The hunger hasn't stopped for me!!! But the crisps and chocolate have been replaced by fruit, I just can't get enough of it. I was actually quite pleased with myself until someone reminded me that fruit can cause tooth decay!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:08am

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. Must admit I was hopeful that this powerful, ever present hunger would ease slightly after the first trimester. Damn. Oh well, I have had an apple and a banana in the space of five minutes, hopefully that will sustain me for a little while.

Jo101

Star

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 4:36pm

I have been lucky but day one I got a stern talking to from my midwife who told me in terms of additional calories I should only be eating half a sandwich and a glass of milk extra per day. That kinda put things into perspective a bit really for me. I also take evening primrose oil to keep the hormones balanced.
Another reason not to go over board is the whole pelvic floor issue, the more weight we gain the more stress on the pelvic floor muscles etc......do I need to say anymore!!!!!
Good luck,
jo x

2nd IVF :BFP: