Jo101

Star

• "Jo101" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 6:02pm

Placenta Previa changing and flying

Hi all,

Had my 19w scan yesterday all was fine with the baby but I was told my placenta is completely covering my cervix and unlikely to move. So I was told I would need a c section. I was wondering if anyone's placenta moved after 20 w though you were told it was unlikely. I was told I would have another scan at 32W to see how things were going.
Also I have a wedding in July in the UK and need to fly home is this likely given I have due early Sept?

Thanks
Jo xx

2nd IVF :BFP:

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 8:18pm

Hi Jo
I had a bleed at 17weeks and was told I had Placenta Previa (although the cons said it couldn't be officialy called that at 17weeks!),anyway mine was completely covering the cervix.I had a scan at 28 weeks and both placenta's (I'm having twins), have moved. I was amazed.I never thought they would.So they are no longer lying.

Don't give up hope,'most' placenta's do move.

Sorry I don't about the flying.

xxx

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 1:42am

Hi there, it depends on how much of your placenta is covering the cervix whether or not there will be any change on a later scan. If it's only an edge, then chances are it will be better as your uterus grows, but if it's further over then I would think you will need a c/section. You said you were hoping to fly in July - would you be around 34/35 weeks then? If so, you will know for cetain if you have a placenta praevia, and you would be advised against flying, . I don't think any airline would accept you, because of the risk of bleeding. Sorry! :sadface:

ps I think this thread has been posted in the wrong place. Could some kind moderator please fix? :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fi'smum" (Apr 14th 2010, 1:44am)