Unread posts

ShellL30

• "ShellL30" started this thread

Reg: May 20th 2009

Children: My two puddy cats keep me sane

Monday, April 12th 2010, 4:32pm

Scan at 9 weeks 4 days

Hi all,

Can I have some advice please? I am 10 weeks pregnant today from med FET. I bleed from 4-8 weeks so have had lots of scans, It looks like my second embie implanted but didn't make it past 6 weeks, we are waiting the results on the tissue from the hospital. My last scan wason Friday at 9+4 specifically because our last pregnancy was a m/mc at 9+1 so I wanted some reassurance.

Baby was fine at the scan, however the sonographer did the scan on the tummy and baby was only measuring 24.7mm. All my other scans baby has been measuring above average and how he is well below average.

Could this be because it was on the tummy, do you think it would have been more accurate if it was another internal? What were your measurements at this stage?

Our clinic were happy with the scan and have now discharged me, but I am not going to see the Dr or Midwife until 12 weeks this time (pray we get that far). I have booked another reassurance scan at 11 weeks, so next Monday. I am such a worry wort and am very afraid of history repeating itself. xxxx :O

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 12th 2010, 5:10pm

Hiya,

My cons told me that scans can be up to 7 days out both ways which is why he didn't deliver me till I as 38 weeks.

Also internal ones are more accurate early on. Plus, don't forget that they are measuring mm here!! It is sooooo difficult. You could get scanned on the same day by 2 different sonographers and they would come back with different measurements!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: A beautiful, miracle FET baby girl

Monday, April 12th 2010, 5:12pm

Hi Shell

I didn't have a scan at exactly the same time as you, but at my 8w scan, baby was 15mm, and at 10w scan it was 32.7mm.
I was led to believe that these measurements were pretty much right for the age of the embryo. Both these scans were abdominal.

I'd say that your measurement doesn't sound too far off to be honest!

Hope this helps.

Elaine
xx
January 2010 - Natural FET cycle
Harriet Amelia was born on 16th October 2010 - we are SO happy!!!

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 10:42am

I was scanned at 9+5 and my two measured 24.6 and 26.5 which the doc said was absolutely fine. I also googled the measurements and all websites I found said that was the average size so I would try not to worry :hugs:
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11