You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 2:44pm

Twin Birth Plan

I have been sitting in the dullest meeting of lawyers and bankers this morning and all of a sudden I found myself getting all emotional and thinking about delivery day. Both my LOs are head down so I am aiming for a NVD, but what particularly came to mind was the thought that after I have delivered T1 I am then going to be busy delivering T2 and will not be able to give T1 the immediate love and care they deserve on their arrival into the world. I don't want T1 to feel scared, cold, hungry etc. and I have decided that whatever is happening to me, DH must be given T1 to care for until I am able.

This has started me thinking about writing a birth plan but the options seem to be much more limited for twin deliveries and I am not sure what is / is not likely to be realistic. Does anyone have any ideas about what to include in a twin birth plan?
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 7:07pm

Hi Newlywed

LOL I used to be thinking things like that at my meetings, either that or feeling them move around and not paying any attention to what was being said!

My choices were very limited but I did have a few requests which were as follows:

We didn't know sexes and I wanted DH to be the one to find out himself and to tell me. The staff were fab and really respected this, the Midwife kept saying ''remember guys no mention of the sexes' etc and then they all crowded round us to see what flavours we got . . . .. sorry went off on a tangent there remembering it!!

I was worried they were going to be whisked off to Neo Natal and it was really important for me to know who was Twin1 and who was twin 2. I felt like I already knew them and it was important for me to know who was Pip and who was Squeak. Again they really respected this and told me where each one had been etc.

My last request was that no matter what was happening to me DH had to be where the babies were. If one was Ok and the other needed to go to Neo nates he had to go with that one.

Not much but I hope that helps!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Indiechick" (Mar 24th 2010, 7:08pm)

• United Kingdom

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 2:21pm

Thanks IndieChick. The sooner I finish work and can sit at home properly daydreaming about my LOs the better. I currently have the attention span of a 3 year old!

I have also told DH that he has to go wherever the babies are except that he says he won't go with T1 until T2 has been born as he doesn't want to have to tell T2 in later years that he wasn't there at their birth. Hopefully T1 will not need whisking away so quickly that it will be a problem, but I am wondering whether I also need to have my mother on standby just in case?
Newly Wed

ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, March 26th 2010, 8:08pm

Hiya,

I didn't have twins but you just mentioned having your Mum on standby...

I had my Mum at my birth along with DH and she was amazing. I'm sooooo pleased she was there. Having her there kept me calm and I think having another female there who's solely there for you really helped me, especially when everything was going wrong. I said that if anything happened DH would go with the baby and my Mum would stay with me. If I had to have a section my Mum would go with baby and DH would stay with me.

If you get on well with your Mum and don't mind her seeing your grown up floof I'd thoroughly reccommend it!

Good luck chick!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, March 26th 2010, 8:21pm

If you get on well with your Mum and don't mind her seeing your grown up floof

Flic you crack me up pmsl

NW, hopefully your little ones will be big and strong and not need to go anywhere :happy: a lot of us twin mummies have reached 38 or so weeks latley and have have had good weights and so the babies got to stay with us.

Loving your 3 year old brain . . . . .dare I tell you that it doesn't get any better :snigger:

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 10:49am

Indie - A grown up floof is different from baby floof! I wasn't sure I'd want my Mum to see mine, but then I figured 'what the hell, there's gonna be a few people having a good look down there!'

My Mum even helped me shower the night after when I got home!

I've also noticed that you twin Mummies have been getting really far along which is great!!

Also agree with Indie, the attention span thing does not improve.

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 12:05pm

Flic, your floof is famous!!! In fact, there are currently adverts all over the tube which say "Love your Vagina" and I think of your floof everything I see one!! I have no idea what the advert is about but maybe you will pop up soon as a poster girl??

I love my mum to bits but she is the first person to panic and wind me up in stressful situations. She is also one of those people who has to fill silence with incessant chattering. Instead, my sister has agreed to be on standby if needed and she can be at the hospital in 20 minutes if it looks like things are heading that way. But, as Indie says, lots of twin mummies seem to be getting to 38 weeks. My LOs seem very snug and I feel they are likely to stay put for quite sometime. In fact, I think they are going to have to be dragged out of me one way or another.

I'm quite liking my 3 year old brain. But the people who pay me £xxx per hour don't think it is quite so good. Only 15 working days left!
Newly Wed

ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP

Indiechick

Superstar

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 8:31pm

Whoop Whoop - roll on mat leave!

Flic - you never fail to make me chuckle rotf

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 1:04pm

Newly Wed - Next time you look there will probably be a pic of me with my legs akimbo saying 'how can I love this!?!' next to the poster!! And I bet that even though you're gonna have 2 coming out of your floof it will still look amazing. Damn I hate you already!!

Oooh, 15 days left till mat leave!! Bet you can't wait!!

Apparently 38 weeks is a good week, my cons wouldn't induce me before then because he said that scans can be 7 days out either way and he wanted to make sure baby was ok. So hears hoping you get to 38 weeks!

Indie - I'm pleased you're finding my floof plight amusing!! I am actually tempted to get pics but it would be a bit late now cos it's getting better.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE