You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Sa-Leanne" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 12:05pm

Swollen ankles

Hi,

Just wondered if any of you girls are getting swollen ankles already?

I thought it happened later but not expecting it yet.

Is really bad when i get home from work, I don't want to ask a midwife as I just think I am a worry mummy to be.

Any one else in the same position? xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 12:13pm

Mine are slightly swollen at night which I have read can be normal.

But if you have any worries always ask the midwife- thats what they are there for- and they would rather you ask than worry.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 4:12pm

Swollen ankles are normal, try to get off your feet a bit more, put them up, only problem is as soon as you start moving around they will swell again. If you notice excessive swelling especially of face always see your midwife could be first sign of pre-eclampsia.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, April 6th 2009, 12:21pm

I have been getting them quite badly for about 6 weeks or so, as soon as I put them up after work they go down though. It has worried me a bit and can be quite painful but when I mentioned it to my midwife she had a look and put 'mild' on my notes so that's reassuring! You never know whats normal and whats not do you. As said above, if its just your ankles should be fine, try and rest a bit more :smile:

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 8:37am

Big fat ankles!!!

Hi

Got home from work yesterday and noticed that my shins and ankles had swollen up. I put my feet up for the evening but this morning my ankles are still pretty swollen. is there anything i could do to bring the swelling down? Should I be worrying?

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 8:55am

There are a few threads in 3rd Tri which may help x

Fat Feet!

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Monday, March 8th 2010, 3:57pm

Hi Bry

How are your ankles now? :cuddle Mine started swelling up around 28 weeks I think, mainly on the left but the right soon caught up! It is one thing they tell you to look out for and I would certainly mention it to your midwife/consultant at the next opportunity. Mine have been particularly bad but I don't think they've been that fussed about it because my BP has always been good. i've only got one pair of shoes that I can squeeze into but they're summer stretchy ones and not been brilliant over these cold weeks!

As for ways of avoiding it, the obvious ones, "keep off your feet" is easier said then done, especially as you're still working. however I would say to start sleeping with a pillow or two at the bottom of your bed so that your feet are raised at night and when you're watching TV prop up your legs/feet. Sitting down actually aggravates mine so computer use kept to a minimum. I was told to wear flight socks too when i first mentioned it but then told not to i think around 33 weeks as the swelling had crept higher than the socks !

Also, drink plenty of water.

If your hands or face start to puff up too, then perhaps speak to someone sooner rather than later. You may find you need to remove rings before it's too late as well! I got my engagement ring off a few weeks back thinking my wedding ring was a lot looser but it's a little tight now! only a few days for me left however.

It's definitely a common complaint in pregnancy but as I said above, do mention it to your mw/consultant so that they're aware and can advise you.

Hope they get better but there's a fair chance they'll be with you for the duration now!

blowkiss

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 11:33am

Hi Bry, I can sympathise with the swollen ankles, mine first started swelling at about 13 weeks, and a few weeks later I got a prescription from my Dr. for support stockings which I've been wearing now since early December. They're really hard to get on and off but they definitely helped. The swelling has recently got worse, but is still better than it would be without the stockings. I had to take my rings off at about 22/23 weeks I think.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 4:45pm

Hi

Thanks Duffy and Claire. Well my anklebones came back on monday! :D Still a little puffy but nothing like as bad as friday. Think maybe going to bed at 1.30 on thurs and getting up at 6am was a bit much for me!

Im definitely going to keep an eye on the situation and I have an ante natal appt tomorrow so will 6talk to the midwife and see what she says...

Thanks again. :hugs:

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE