You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "wannababy" started this thread

Reg: Mar 30th 2009

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 2:10pm

Donor contracts

Hi all,

I'm trying to draw up a contract between us and our donor. I've written one myself which I think is pretty clear - I've worked in law - but does anyone know about getting these things lodged and witnessed etc? Obviously we can just get someone to witness it and each keep a copy, but would it have more legal bearing if we lodged in with a solicitor? How much would that cost?

Grateful for any advice.

WB x

Reg: Nov 25th 2009

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 9:30am

Donor Contracts

Hi

To make your contract as binding as possible you really should be advised by a solicitor and encourage the donor to take indepedent legal advice also. The reason I say this is that the courts will give much greater weight to the contract if they are sure all parties entered into it knowing exactly what they were signing and the implications the contract would have - the best way to evidence this is to have a solicitor advise you.

Kind regards

Kimberley

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Eeyore" (Feb 6th 2010, 4:40pm) with the following reason: We do not allow advertising of services on the forum

lgft

Reg: Mar 31st 2008

Children: Mummy of 4, 2 :) :) and 2 angel babies ...

Friday, March 5th 2010, 7:03pm

I am not a solicitor etc but I do deal with the surrogacy 'agreement forms' which cover a lot of areas as donor contracts. If you would like me to have a look over it and make suggestions, please do contact me :)
grouphug xx
Michelle Hickman - Illigal n unnecessary post pregnancy hysterectomy