You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jac7

• "jac7" started this thread

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Friday, February 19th 2010, 6:58pm

pregnant after 5 losses

Hi I wasnt sure where to go on here. Hope I am in the right place. I was on here early last year in the miscarriage section as over the last 6 years i have had 5 miscarriages. All were fairly early losses, the longest being 9 weeks. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and my hormones are all over the place! I have had 3 reassuring scans so far where all was well and am now waiting for my 12-14 week appointment. To be honest I am in shock that I am actually pregant again as we had decided to stop trying. We have a 9 year old daughter and its my 40th this year (Yikes!) Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am fine after I have had a scan but as the time goes on I am worrying constantly and checking for signs of pregnancy. I just dont think I will be able to relax until I can feel it kicking. :sadface:

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Friday, February 19th 2010, 7:37pm

Congratulations that is fantastic you have reached the 12 week mark. Sorry to hear about your previous losses but you have to relax now and enjoy your pregnancy as worrying is no good for you or your baby. I am 40 in July and this will be my 1st and 2nd :8o: They say life begins at 40 I couldn't agree more blowkiss

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Friday, February 19th 2010, 7:46pm

I had 3 losses in a row and have just had a little boy - I am 42! Take hope from that - I lost mine all around 9 weeks or earlier too and I didn't relax with this one until about 20 weeks! The fact that you have got past the 12 week scan is a brilliant indicator that everything will be fine. Good luck!
x
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 19th 2010, 7:56pm

Congratulations on a successful 12 week scan! I had 4 consecutive losses, 2 of which were around 9 weeks. The 5th time i relaxed after the 20 week scan showed all was well. But didn't really believe it would be ok until my little newborn girl was handed to me 6 weeks ago. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

jac7

• "jac7" started this thread

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 8:19am

Thanks for your replies. Its nice to hear from others who have been in the same position. The midwife and nurse and all of my family are all telling me to relax and stay positive. Easier said than done! Can I ask you more mature (!) ladies about testing? Am being advised to go for an amnio but am unsure! ;(

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 9:39am

That's a tricky one and a very personal choice. I had the nuchal fold and blood tests at 12 weeks and it came out right on the cut off point of 1 in 250. We agonised about having the amnio but decided that the risk of 1 in 100 of having a miscarriage was just too great in comparison, so we opted for a really detailed scan at 16 weeks, which showed no soft markers, and then the 20 week scan which also lookd good. I could have changed my mind and had an amnio at any point along the way but I didn't. I know there is no guarantee in this situation but you just need to go with your heart. I asked them to break down the risk factors into age, blood and nuchal, and I found that helped me to make my decsision - my age alone would have made it about 1 in 40 or less, and the other tests lowered my risk. Whatever you decide, make sure its the best thing for you and don't let anyone push you into something you don't feel happy with.
Feel free to PM if you want to, I am not on much just now but am happy to share my experiences with you.
x
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Ozzy

Star

Reg: Apr 9th 2008

Location: I live in West Yorkshire but will always be a Geordie!

Monday, March 1st 2010, 8:13am

Hi Jac! Was wondering whether you'd posted on here. Sooooooo chuffed for you - hope it starts to feel real soon! xxx
Catherine

Me 37, PCO. DH 44, average!
IVF #1 April 08 abandoned (too many follies, risk of OHSS)
IVF #2 - BFN
IVF #3 - BFP 14/02/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE