You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "cherryblossom" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2009

Children: None

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 11:06am

Is something wrong?

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice or whether anyone's been feeling the same way as me. I'm 20 weeks today and scheduled to get my anomaly (hate that they call it that!) scan tomorrow. Since about middle of last week, I've had some uncomfortable pains in my tummy and groin area. It continued for most of the week and by Friday, I was exhausted with it. I did think it was maybe round ligament pain and kind of dismissed it. Now, I'm terrified it was something more sinister and I should've contacted the mid-wife and now it's too late. I also had some discharge - which I've had most of my pregnancy but for some reason, seemed a bit worse yesterday.

People keep asking if I've felt the baby move and I'm panicking because I haven't. Everything I read suggests this is normal but now, combined with the other symptoms, I'm really worried. Today, I don't even feel pregnant and I feel I've just got a fat and flabby tummy instead of a pregnant one.

We had an early scan at 7 weeks and were told we were having twins but unfortunately, by the 12 week scan we only had one heartbeat. I know this probably has made me dread these scans and I keep thinking the same thing's going to happen tomorrow. I can remember the mid-wifes face so clearly at our 12 week scan and knew instantly something was wrong. :bawl:

Feel so scared and don't want to tell anyone how I'm feeling because I don't want to worry them.

I feel I've rambled on but think I just needed to get it off my chest. I know it all seems a bit irrational.
Cherry Blossom x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 11:56am

Hi Cherryblossom,
I too have had bad experiences at scans, and it is completely normal to worry about them, dread them even, after that has happened.
Having said that, nothing you have described sounds worrying to me... (and I was the queen of worry!). There are so many different aches and pains that happen around this time, things are stretching and moving out of the way. Being uncomfortable for several days and then getting better again sounds all part of the course, but you can always ring your midwife to check. And for movements, every baby and pregnancy is different. Many ladies don't feel their babies move until later, this is more likely in a first pregnancy, if the placenta is anterior, and depending on where the baby is lying.
I wish you lots of luck for tomorrow,
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 4:24pm

Hiya,

I echo what Mavis has said (and she is the fountain of all knowledge!!)

Discharge does get worse the further along you get. I won't tell you what mines like now, far TMI!!!

Also I didn't feel baby move at all until 20 weeks and some ladies on here its not been until 22/24 weeks!! And then there's the whole issue with the placenta and where it is.

Try not to worry honey.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 9:00pm

Evening! Sorry you're worried.

BUT, I'd agree with the others. Pain sounds like normal pregnancy pains and in first pregnancies ladies are often over 20 weeks before they feel the baby move.

Lots of luck for tomorrow - let us know how you get on.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 9:23pm

yes i too agree with everyone else! its difficult not to worry regardless of stage!
all the best for tomorrow xxx

• "cherryblossom" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2009

Children: None

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 3:34pm

Thanks Everyone for taking the time to ease my worries a bit.

I had my scan this morning and thankfully, you were all right! Baby was fine - I cried when I saw it's wee heart beating! Such a huge relief. All the measurements were taken and everything's good. Another milestone reached and one step closer to meeting my baby. Still can't quite believe it. Feel very lucky and very blessed.

I wish you all health and happiness - for you and your babies.

Thank you.

Cbxxxx blowkiss
Cherry Blossom x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 4:19pm

Fantastic news! :D

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 4:46pm

Lovely to read your post!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008