You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "sugarspice" started this thread

Reg: Jun 21st 2009

Children: 2

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 1:34pm

Screening for pre-term delivery

Hi everyone

I have just had a letter asking me to come in for screening for preterm delivery, which involves an internal scan where they measure the cervix. This makes me really nervous and makes me wonder if it is safe. Has anyone else had this done and is there any research to show this is a safe technique?

Many thanks
SS xxx

ICSI - Sept '09 :BFP:

bab21

dups24

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Children: Kayleigh

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 4:02pm

Hi :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have had numerous internal scans. They are fine, no harm will come to you or your baby. I have been going to the prem clinic for the last 3 months to check my cervix.
KUMI

Kayleigh Du Plessis born 9/04/2010 weighing 3.1kg (4 weeks premature)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 7:49pm

Hiya

I had this scan last week, it was fine,they used a vaginal scanner and only literally rested it just inside me (I was thinking it was going to be like a smear test!)The scanner very quickly checked the babies first (it was literally 30 seconds with the scanner, and then she did the vaginal bit).

She did say my cervix was short, which I was shocked about (I've already given birth), and I now have pessaries to take 2x daily. I see the consultant next week so will hopefully find out more info.

Try not to worry, the scan is absolutely fine and hopefully your results will be too.

Take care

xxxxx

Reg: Oct 26th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful girl from 1st IVF attempt

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 12:19pm

Hi,

From someone who has had problems with pre-term delivery, I think it is fantastic your hospital are checking for this now.

You are being looked after! Good luck

TigerLilly
TigerLilly xmas39

• "sugarspice" started this thread

Reg: Jun 21st 2009

Children: 2

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 6:06pm

Brilliant, thanks ladies, so helpful especially the detail you gave 'csam', I hope all is ok for all of you, I think I will go for it!!! xxx

ICSI - Sept '09 :BFP:

bab21

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 10:07pm

Sugarspice I was really confused when i was told I needed to have cervix scan at 22 weeks but the more I've spoken to people the more like the norm I've found it is. SOunds like they are just being careful.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!