You are not logged in.

Unread posts

JVA

Ace

• "JVA" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 8:16am

Sharp pin prick pains just below belly button? Is this ok?

Hi,

Last night when I got home from work I had tummy pains low down, like cramps which I dismissed and had a lay down for half hour and this helped. Later in the eve when sitting watching tv I kept getting really sharp pin pricks just to the left side of my belly button, like somebody sticking a pin in me. I had to hold my belly for a few seconds and then it went. This continued for a good 1.5-2hrs every now and then?

Any idea what this may be and whether I should be worried?
Jessica

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 11:14am

hi jva

never spoke to you before. but on my last pg i had same kind of pains, the m/w couldnt explain them but the baby was fine. i would slow down a little bit, and try to relax, if you are extremely worried i would contact your gp or m/w, see if you can get a 'reassurance appt'.

im currently having wkly 'reassurance appts' and they do help tremendously.

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

JVA

Ace

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 2:38pm

Thanks very much. Pain seems to have eased off, as I did not get them yesterday. I have my 20 wk scan on Thurs so wait and see if all is ok then unless I get them back again and I may well call mw.

I know that my uterus should be upto my belly button somewhere so it may well be that.

Guess we have all manner of aches and pains during pregnancy, it is just diff when it is your first, as you do not know what is norm!

Your reassurance appts sound great, certainly a big help.
Jessica

What's Up?

Monday, February 8th 2010, 10:36am

hi jva,

i agree 1st is different but the worry doesnt calm down even on your 80th pg (if thats at all poss :snigger: ) hope everything is calming down my pain at moment is down below near pubic bone when i stand up or sit down, once im comfortable its fine, but when i have to move it starts up again. i think its my uterus strething, well im hoping.

looking forward to my 20 wk scan(next fri), cant believe really time has gone that quickly. be glad to find out sex. are you going to if they give you the choice. they wouldnt on my first nearly 18 yrs ago. said your first should be a surprise. was i miffed? they've told me on the rest so not too bad i suppose. i think i'll faint if its a girl, only used to boys. but i'll be happy with your carrying a healthy baby, sex is secondary to that.

if you have any more concerns dont hesitate to contact me. if i can help i will.

take care, good luck with your scan and dont forget to wave to baby :happy:

xxx

JVA

Ace

Monday, February 8th 2010, 6:23pm

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Gosh sounds like you are going thru the mill then! Hopefully the pain will ease off in a while. Pregnancy sure does do allsorts to your body eh.

So you are about as far gone as me then. I was 19wks on Saturday and have 20wk scan this Thurs. We have decided not to find out the sex after much debate we would prefer to have a surprise :D

Sounds like you have a big gap since your 1st child then - 18yrs. Do you only have the one and now another on the way or more? At least you are a pro on dealing with newborns having done it before :thumbsup:

Speak soon, take care and a pat for your belly from us :wave:
Jessica

What's Up?

Thursday, February 11th 2010, 2:06pm

hi jva,

i am 18 wks 5 days, my eldest died in nov 93, cot death, my next child is nearly 14 and then the 2 yr old. bit of a gap but thankfully all boys. im terrified of the tiny lady garden at nappy change time.i prefer boys bits, know what im doing.

but on the plus side if it is a girl it'll want to look after me when im old and decrepit. haha. boys just tend to say screw you mum, sort your own nursing home out lol.

how did your scan go, did you remember to wave? i have only 1 wk to go till i see it again. and know what it is (apart from a baby of course :snigger: )

my reassurance appts are going well, 2 yr old gave my m/w a kiss and a hug before we left. the pain in my pubic bone has subsided now, thank god. but my belly baby jumps around quite a lot, especially at night. couple of kicks have come keen, even felt a very tiny heel, which was so cool. cos i slim my tummy goes flat when i lie down and can actually find the belly baby perfectly, but the neg side is i dont get any help in supermarket cos i simply dont look preggers. oh well such is life :smile:

hope everything is going well for you love, write bk soon

xxxx

What's Up?

Friday, February 12th 2010, 5:28pm

hi jess

thank yo so much for your pm. i tried replying privately did a lovely long reply and then the dam thing said you do not have permission to acess this page and wiped it for me. not happy. :-(

right, on 1st thing, thank yo for your kind words, although you never get over it you learn to accept and kind of find a point to living.

i love the fact youre so excited and able to go out and buy new stuff for your baby, i am so jealous in a very nice and jovial way, i have already got all the stuff i need bar a double buggy so cant go out shopping aah poor me :-(

on babygro (all in one suits) i would buy 1 set of tiny baby, 2 or 3 sets of newborn and 2 or 3 sets of 0-3 months. i got caught out with last one who was 3 weeks early and his clothes just would not fit him poor little lamb. fortunately a friend of mine went out and got him a few sets of tiny baby which fit perfectly. when you say cap or capless do you mean all in one's with inbuilt scratch mitts. if you mean them, i personally dont bother with inbuilt scratch mitts. they either open up too easy or fingers poke out or baby loses his/her arm up the sleeve. i use new born baby socks. they are longer so have less chance of falling off or getting lost. but it is only personal opinion and the choice is completely yours my love.

have you remembered to buy for you. if not i would advise lots of maternity sanitary towels, breast pads, lots of, and paracetamol. vanish does not remove milk stains from t shirts and blouses, trust me, no matter what the tv says. :shush: even if you are not b/f you will need them until milk dries up and paracetamol is must if you are bottle feeding. the boobs do hurt somewhat. if you are b/f you will still need them but on a larger scale. every time your baby so much as whimpers (in sleep, or whatever) your nipples will lactate and you will leak.

i love first pregnancies they are so magical, so full of wonder and excitement and isnt the love affair going on in and around your body absolutely amazing. 4th feels like yeah im really enjoying whats going on in my body but i need to nip out and pay the gas bill. still magical but life does tend to get in the way a little. i think the whole process of making and building a baby is absolutely mind blowing. and it doesnt matter whether your baby started in a womb or a petri dish (that i find really amazing) the end result is still a fantastic amazing human being that you have managed tocreate with somebody else. and women are the best creatures ever, simply because we can carry a child to term and men will never experience that closeness with anybody else. the love you feel for your child is like no other love in the world. i would kill for my children, without question or be killed trying to protect them, but as much as i love my husband, i wouldnt kill or be killed to keep him safe. when i read about mums who have lifted the front end of a bus to get the weight of their child under the wheels it amazes me. kind of shows the love we feel for our children.

sorry im prattling now, so i will get off. but i can wait for my scan next friday - do you want to place your bets on the sex :happy:

take care sweety

jade

xxxxx