You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nicola" started this thread

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Children: 1 angel

Monday, January 18th 2010, 7:30am

Bleeding at 6 weeks

Woke up yesterday with really bad stomach aches and then noticed that there was light bleeding when i wiped (sorry TMI) ... the stomach aches have gone but I am still bleeding though not heavily ....am so worried it's all happening again .. i m/c last year on 18th feb and so scared. i know this could be nothing but I just can't stop feeling so sad ... am due to go for my first scan this Thurdsay but so scared of what they'll say.

I haven't gone to my gp or epu as I know they won't be able to help (from previous experience) if it's a m/c then there is absolutely nothing they can do. i know i should stay positive but it's very hard as I really can't cope with the immense pressure i'm feeling right now ... things might actually be ok and through my stress and worry I could be making it worse but I really can't help it .. i feel like such a failure .. i don't think i can do this anymore this is my 3rd icsi and it just gets harder and harder, I get through each hurdle and then get knocked down again ... I struggle to pick myself up and carry on ... I have never had to deal with so much heartache since starting fertility treatment ... it's such a double edged sword .... dh is so worried about me and has told me to try to stay positive but how can I.... couldn't sleep last night and have lost my appetite ... I would rather it had been a bfn than a bfp only to have it snatched away as it seems so cruel .

Not sure what to do at the moment just when i think that i'm cried out more tears come and I cant stop.

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Monday, January 18th 2010, 7:43am

I am so sorry Nicola and I really hope you will be OK. This journey is so difficult and I agree I would prefer never to have a BFP than to have it snatched away. Try and rest and hopefully it is not as bad as you think. Take care my thoughts are with you at this worrying time :hugs:

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
I have bad days and then i have worse days.

Monday, January 18th 2010, 8:05am

hi nicola

first of all congratulations.

secondly sorry to hear about your other loss.

thirdly, my cousin who is my 'off the record' best m/w ever, told me to rest, get my legs elevated and not move out of bed until bleeding has stopped. she also warned me it might not work. i too bled around the time you are. i ended up being in bed for about a month. OH was run ragged. my cousin said if you do this and keep the baby, then the advice has worked and if you dont unfortunately keep the baby, you will not have anything to blame yourself for. you will have done everything in your power to keep that little one in the right place. she said if i'd have kept to my normal routines, shopping cleaning cooking walking around and i m/c not only would i have grief to deal with but i would find a way of blaming myself as well.

also, something to remember, if you read some of the ladies posts on here, they have had early bleeding and gone on to a full term baby. other ladies have had early bleeding and suffered an early loss. its really hard, i know, the torture of tx and then a bfp and then blood loss. please take care and try to relax. i really hope everything works out for you hun.

take care

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, January 18th 2010, 5:53pm

Hi Nicola,
as you've had a previous m/c I would go and see my GP and then get referred to the EPU they can scan you and see the HB at 6 weeks and they will be able to reassure you. They can also do blood tests (HCGs). :hugs:

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Monday, January 18th 2010, 9:46pm

Hi Nicola

How are u this evening?

Im so sorry u are going thru this worry :hugs:

I do hope when u go for a scan on thurs that they tell u all is ok. I can imagine ur worry as u have suffered m/c before and that no doubt has u panicking. If u need to to come here to vent off, write down ur worries etc, that is what we are here for ...

I pray that all goes well for u ... sending u much love and strength to get thru the next few days .

Xxx

• "nicola" started this thread

Reg: Dec 15th 2008

Children: 1 angel

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 5:30pm

thank you for your messages .. the pain has stopped it lasted only sunday and the bleeding has all but gone only time is when I clean out the crinone gel ..sorry that sounds absolutely gross. i am taking the gel twice now and feeling a touch calmer, there is nothing I can do to control this and worrying about it will not make it better ... watching the news and the deaths in Haiti have really put this into perspective for me ... of course I am going to be absolutely devasted if this hasn't worked but we can try again and if it doesn't work then we'll try again.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 6:09pm

Have you rang your GP?

Michelle

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 7:24pm

I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling better. Not long to go now until that scan and hopefully it'll be able to put your mind at rest that your baby is ok, the fact that the bleeding and pain have stopped is an excellent sign.

Good luck for Thursday, i will be here with crossed fingers for you.
x

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 12:05pm

Hi Nicola
Sorry you are having such a worrying time- I know only too well that feeling of seeing blood and panicing, but as others have said, lots of people do bleeed and go on to have successful pregnancies. It is a good sign that it has stopped and I really hope you get good news tomorrow to put your mind at rest. Try to take it easy and wishing you lots of luck for your scan.
xx
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

Mavis

MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 11:41pm

It's over for us

I am so sorry Nicola :sadface:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE