Unread posts

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, December 28th 2009, 11:01am

How do you all cope?

Sorry in advance for the moan but I'm sooo tired and sore! Has anyone got any coping strategies for soothing your bump? It doesn't help that I have a lively 3 year old dragging me round and insisting that I be active - I'd love to just lie on the sofa all day watching crappy TV, but I'm just feeling really worn out and last night at bed time, I was soooo stretched under my boobs, I was nearly in tears. (A hot water bottle helped ease it a bit) I'm achey now and it's only 11am!

I always knew a twin pregnancy woudl be hard work but at just over 21 weeks, I'm wondering how I'm going to manage the rest of this pregnancy.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, December 28th 2009, 5:06pm

Ooh hun, I'm in sympathy! I've been through the whole of this pregnancy wondering how on earth mothers who already have children do it!

Have you tried a maternity belt to help support your bump through the day? I used a 3M one (they're big and stout looking!) They're about £35 in mothercare but I got a hardly used one from ebay for about £10 and it has been worth it. The stretching feeling around the ribs I found just carrying a small tube of moisturiser around and rubbing it on was soothing, but the only real cure was trying to rest as much as possible and know what your limits are.

I have found it's gone through phases as well and some days/weeks are worse than others. Oddly enough as soon as I didn't have two heads under my right rib, the stretching feeling there subsided a bit!

Until then, try your best to lie down little and often dangling an arm over the edge of the sofa to play some puzzle games!

:xxx3:

Moonshine

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, December 29th 2009, 1:33pm

I've been through the whole of this pregnancy wondering how on earth mothers who already have children do it!
Ditto!
Big time ditto!

I am getting through this by resting lots. Fortunately my work is a desk job, so I do get to sit with my feet up for most of the day. And I take each day as it comes. I had a panic last week when I just felt so exhausted I spent all day in bed (!) I was really worried that I was going to be confined to my bedroom for weeks! But I was much more lively the next day.

So all I can advise is to rest as much as possible, and perhaps get creative in ways that your family and friends can exhaust your 3 year old for you!

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 7:30pm

Thanks ladies. I guess it's just going to be a tough few months and some acceptance on my part might help. DP is pretty supportive but I don't really think he's much idea how it feels - how could he? We've arranged for a friend's 18 year old daughter to help for a few hours one of the days DP is out of the house (he works part time), so I've only got to survive one full day on my own. I really am needing a nap for a few hours each afternoon or it finishes me off. I have a physio appointment on Tuesday. I wonder if they'll have any advice on easing the strain on my bump (I got a belly bra but it's not that comfortable in fact... :-( )

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10