You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Princess zoe" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Children: Little boy called jack xx

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:48pm

When did everyone go on maternity leave?

Hi all well ive decided to bring my maternity leave forward by 2 weeks as i am really tired now so i will start on the 25th jan,i am a nursery nurse and im struglling to get up and down all the time and ive asked for help but the girls just look at me like im lazy so ive had enough.

My dh has even had words with them to say she needs help but they just made fun of it, but i was wondering when other people started theres as i a few friends have said im finishing too early.

love zoe xx

me - 29
DH - 35

1st icsi- April 2008 - BFN
1st FET - August 2008 - BFP - M/C October 2008

Natural :BFP: 5/7/2009

7 Week Scan 23/07/2009 - [zx076] seen
10 week scan [zx076] seen
20 week scan - 20/10/09 bab22

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 11:12pm

I'll be 35+4 when i finish next week so looking forward to that, i sit all day at work but it's mentally tiring rather than physically. 2 weeks ago i didn;t think i would make it to the finishing line but seem to have got a 2nd wind about me and i'm counting down the shifts now!!

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 1:29am

Fiona's finishing on Tues. She'll be 34 weeks. She's a primary school teacher, and is getting tired now and can't wait to finish. She 's also finding that she's getting irritable with her class of 9 year olds. Hope you're keeping well, apart from the tiredness.

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:41am

I'm off this Friday- 38 weeks. Would have carried on longer if I could but work 'shuts down' over Xmas pretty much and I have a lot of holiday still to take. I'm using that to cover next 2 weeks then officially start mat leave on 1st Jan- due date.

Zoe- I was a NN for years- I'm now an NVQ Assessor training them up... that's why I can work til 38 weeks- ha ha- I'm not the one up and down on the floor. It's bloody hard! Sorry to hear your colleagues are not supporting you properly.

Enjoy it, whenever you decide to start... I'm not really sure how I'll manage with waiting around. I'm trying to organise lots of things to keep me busy but it seems everyone has other plans over Xmas. OH works in retail so he is working stupid hours. It'll just be me and the cat!
[/align]

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 9:38am

I finished at 36 weeks and have been going silently crazy since! I sit at a desk all day and wish i had stayed for another 2 weeks but dropped down to 3 days a week in that time.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:26am

Thought I'd posted but doesn't seem to be showing!

Anyway, I didnt' make maternity leave with DD1 as she came much earlier than anticipated! I was due to finish at 37 weeks though! Finished at 30 weeks with DD2 on the advice of my consultant, as we were thinking she might behave like DD1!!

Do what feels right for you.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 11:23am

I think you just need to finish when its right for you.

Im finishing at xmas which is just over 3 weeks before my due date but would have worked longer if it wasnt xmas, have holidays to use until 11 jan then my mat leave starts (due 15th), i work at a desk though (albeit very long stressful hours) but i think if you have a physical job then you would prob need to finish earlier.

just take care of yourself first, work can come second (although i admit i do need to listen to my own words)

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 5:32pm

Hiya,

I finish on 19th Jan when I'll be 33 + 3. Taking a load of holidays (23 days!) and then start my maternity leave officially on 20th Feb, 2 weeks before due date.

I work in a Builders Merchants and its hard physical work and I'm already shattered! Do what you feel is right honey.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 7:11pm

I finished on the 1st day I was allowed :snigger: 29 weeks and my job involved sitting yapping :snigger:

I hated my job and am still not sorry I took my leave so early

vic77

Reg: Apr 28th 2009

Children: BFP

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 7:55pm

I worked full time up to 32 weeksI would have liked to work longer but I am a bar and restaurant manager so I was constantly on my feet all day and my back was so painful. Only been off work for 2 weeks and Im soo bored just wondering what the hell Im going to do to occupy my time for the next 6 weeks...any ideas would be helpful?? If one more person tells me to relax and get plenty of rest Im going to cry :bawl:

:xxx3:

Reg: Apr 23rd 2007

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:35pm

I think you've just got to go with how you feel. I'm finishing at end of this term at about 33 weeks and I have totally had enough (I'm a teacher)! I'm finding it hard physically now and keep on forgetting things so I think the time is right for me to go! I really feel like i couldn't go on any longer, but I know others who intend to keep going until about 38 weeks!! It's nice to have a bit of time to prepare yourself at home - at the moment I have no time for anything except work cos I'm so knackered!
dizzyduck
Me 42 DP 40
TTC 3yrs
IVF Oct 07 and Jan 08 - both poor response & converted to IUI - BFN
May 08, Aug 08 and Oct 08 natural :BFP: m/c at 6, ,5 and 9 weeks :sadface:
May 09 another shock natural :BFP: Perfect little boy born 12 feb 2010.

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 10th 2009

Children: Ruby Isabella my IVF miracle born 22/12/2009

Friday, December 18th 2009, 12:03am

I was intending to finish 4 weeks before my due day, however baby had other ideas for me i was rushed from work in an ambulance with pain and bleeding, fortunately all was well, but it was the scare I needed to slow down and rest this was when i was 28wks so took a week annual leave and then maternity leave on the 29th week. Looking back don't know how on earth I would have managed to carry on until i was 36wks its so tiring!!! I would just go with how you feel and don't feel that you have to stay any longer than you can cope with.

1st time Mum following IVF
born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Friday, December 18th 2009, 12:03pm

Hi all

I am finishing at end of Jan 10 days before DD. However i am going to purely be office based on Jan (usually out and about) and I have two weeks of for Xmas after today YEY!! I am so tired need a break. If I could afford it I would prob have gone to 3 days in Jan but only get SMP so need to work as long as I can so can have longer off afterwards via savings. xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 10:01pm

Hi, with my first pregnancy i worked until i was 38 weeks and then was induced at 39 weeks because i had cholestasis. This pregnancy thought i would do the same and work until 38 weeks, so my planned date to leave work was 21st Jan (i am due 3rd Feb), but i have been really run down lately and am finding work really difficult (i work in admin, so am sat down all day - but it doesn't help sitting down all day), my bump is really low, literally resting on my knees!!!!! And its mush more tiring having to run around after a toddler too!!!! :) I have 2 weeks off for xmas and was going to get a sick note for when i went back after xmas but have been reading on the net that they will just start my maternity leave because i will be 36 weeks, so don't know what to do now. Think i will go back for a week after christmas hols and see how i feel and if its too much will start my maternity leave earlier than originally planned.

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, December 21st 2009, 3:56pm

Zoe I think you have to do what is right for you. I'm sorry that your work colleagues aren't being supportive. I work as a nurse in a physical disabled ward and all the patients are very dependent. I'm starting my mat leave 27th Dec but I have been off on holiday since 15th Nov as I had so many to take. The sister of the ward wasn't very happy but it was so busy and heavy that I don't think that I could have carried on. Some of the other staff when they have been pregnant have been given a lot more help than me and even they had to stop earlier than they wanted. Take care and enjoy your time off. Try and relax before lo arrives.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx