You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "elvisnniamh" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2008

Children: m/c at 14 wks 2007

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:25am

Breech at 35 weeks

Hey Girls
looking for some help / advice / reassurance??? Am 35 +3 days with our first little baby....Had scan yesterday and was told that baby is breech, had scan 2 weeks ago and she was fine!! Doctor said to wait for another 2 weeks and if she hasnt moved then I will have a planned section at 39 weeks, (i refused the option of trying to turn baby) and Im not really worried about the section........anyway, the doctor then said keep a close eye on movement!! SO thats the thing that has freaked me out a bit, baby has been moving away everyday and its not something I have been keeping an eye on or freting about.

I know I may be irrational, but is there a higher risk of stillbirth, or some sort of defect?? I really am driving myself mad with worry, and I always find coming on here helps!!

Thanks in advance for any help
Take care
Elvis
8 X BFN Clomid & Metformin
9th round - Mar 09 150 Clomid :BFP: SHOCKED

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:42am

Oh you poor love, don't worry!! Your doctor possibly meant that you may feel your baby turn so maybe that's why he asked you to keep an eye on movments. There's no other real concern with a breech baby, they will have scanned the placenta and cord so would've seen whether there was a potential problem there.

Often the biggest worry with a breech baby is Mum being worried not knowing whether she will have a section or if the baby will turn and therefore feeling disorganised. It sounds like you're happy with the plan to deliver your baby so that's really good.

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:44am

Thank you so much Bells!! Good to have a voice of reason!! Feel more relaxed now
Thanks again

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "elvisnniamh" (Nov 4th 2009, 9:44am)

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:28am

hi, i am a bit behind you but my l/o is also breach, Bells is right they are just asking you to see if you feel baby turn, can i ask why you decided against letting them try to turn the baby? they have suggested this to me too but i havent had chance to research it yet.

I believe getting on all fours and leaning over a birthing ball is a good way to get baby to turn, i think the worse thing to do is to be sat on the sofa or chair, which i am 8 hours a day at the moment.

xxxxxxx
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Ginger74

Superstar

Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 3:20pm

my baby girl was breech from 28wks and I knew I am having c-section, "to turn baby" option wasn't offered to me but I've read there are some risks with it so I wasn't even consider this. I was (well done you) worried about c-section but it was absolutely fine and I recovered brilliantly. I am sure doctor meant that baby may turn and this is why you need to keep eye on her. :P wishing you best of luck and you have nothing to worry I am sure!

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 4:56pm

Oh dear, that Dr didn't really think that sentence through did he. Like the others say I'm sure that he just ment watch for her moving into position, as far as I'm aware there are no problems with baby being breech, in fact some women give birth like that. If you have a look on the internet there are lots of positions you can adopt try to incourage baby to turn over and I think accupuncture is thought to help.

My mother was breech with my sister up until 37 weeks (she gave birth at 38 weeks) when she was crossing the road one day my sis decided to turn round scaring the hell our of my mother as her belly suddenly went rock hard and conical shape as she went end over end. Babies like to keep you guessing.

Hope bubs turns round for you soon.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 5:35pm

Hey Girls
Thank you Thank you Thank you....all your words are so reassuring, and I honestly feel so much less of a stress bucket today!!

Paris - I decided against letting them try to move the baby as my doctor said that its 40-50% successful and that there are risks associated with it such as the cord around the babys neck, I am sure that plenty of people have been in the successful end of this, but I really thought that baby will decided which way she wants to come out without me putting her at any additional risk. Hope this is of some help with your decision.

Once again, thanks so much girls
Take care
A

Kezza

Star

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: Pregnant with baby #1 due 24/11

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 5:43pm

Hiya!!

A girl in my yoga class successfully turned her baby by doing some yoga stretches (on all 4's and move hips in figure of 8, also on all 4's and sway from side to side). She also played music to it, not sure what type but i think she played it to the bottom of her tummy to encourage baby to move down! maybe worth a look on the internet.

Hope all goes well Mrs!

xxoo
Kezza
DS born 03/12/09

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 7:13pm

THanks Kezza
Am going to pregnancy yoga myself and we have been doing that, also played some music to baby last night!! DH was moaning coz it wasnt Elvis!!

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:44pm

Hi Elvisnniamh, I remember you from the "clomid chicks" when my dd was ttc and on clomid.( it didn't work, but gonal f injections worked first time) When I was pg with Fiona, she was breech from 34-39 weeks then turned by herself. At that time, turning babies was going out of favour - it does carry a small risk of (a) baby becoming entangled in the cord and (b) the placenta separating, which would result in haemorrhage.
I remember when I first qualified as a midwife, it was common practice to turn breech babies in the antenatal clinic, believe it or not!! More often than not as soon as mum got off the bed, baby would turn right back!!.Sometimes, the reason a baby adopts this position is because his head doesn't fit in the pelvis, but his bum's smaller, so that fits nicely!!Hence the reason they prefer to deliver breech babies by c/s if it's a first baby, or feels much bigger than previous babies if you're not a first timer.

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 11:18am

Hey Chris
Thanks for that, although this is my first, the baby has been measuring a few weeks bigger than my dates, although doc didnt give me any indication of weight on Tuesday, so I think you culd be right! My cousin just had a baby weigh in at 11 lbs 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad!!!

Thanks again
A

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 11:58am

Just a quick note to let you know I had a scan yesterday and the baby is now head first!! Phew!!
Thanks for all your advice and support
A

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 12:09pm

Great news!! :smile:

Reg: Feb 23rd 2009

Children: God gave me a wonderful gift ~ will be a mom soon!

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 12:44pm

Wow.. Problem solve now hun! Your LO is actually saving u all the worry.. :)

Me 32 DH 37
2nd Failed IUI's Feb & March 2009

1st IVF - May 09:BFP:
21.06.09 one amazing [zx076]
19.08.09 we're having a baby :boy:

Mariei's Diary!

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 1:23pm

fantastic news, mine still breach at the moment x
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 10th 2009

Children: Ruby Isabella my IVF miracle born 22/12/2009

Wednesday, November 25th 2009, 11:55am

glad the baby turned for you, got my scan in 6 days as baby is transverse and has been throughout, i can feel her still in the same position she must be really comfy as she has been like this throughout, so will be getting the date for my c-section on 1st Dec by the looks of things. Don't really mind though as DP has 3 wks off to look after me and baby and have really supportive family close by to help while I recover

1st time Mum following IVF
born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE