Unread posts

csam

Star

• "csam" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Monday, November 9th 2009, 8:54pm

Head's in a spin!

Hi

I apologise if this is a bit rambly, I don't know what I'm asking really other than support I guess!

I am expecting twins, and TBH my head is still in a complete spin about it all.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, far from it, I'm just v scared at the prospect of my babies being v small/v early. My DD was fairly small and I'm guessing I'm not 'built' to carry large babies.

I know that no one can give me reassurances that all will be ok, but I guess just talking may help me get some perspective.

I spent most of my first PG like this :scared: and was hoping to relax a bit more during this PG!

thanks for listening,

xxxxxxxx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, November 9th 2009, 9:19pm

RE: Head's in a spin!

Hiya,

I know I can't help much, in terms of twin pg's etc, but just want you to know am here if you want to chat/get out how you are feeling etc!

Take care hun xxx

<

Billie

Megastar

• "Billie" is 45 years old today

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Monday, November 9th 2009, 9:20pm

Just want to say congrats again hun. xxxxx
I hope you are taking it as easy as poss.

Sorry i cant advise but as you know, there are lots of girls on here who will know what to tell you.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 7:57am

Just wanted to say a quick congratulations! And wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 11:04am

Congratulations! I know how you feel about baby size and worries about being premature, I am exactly the same and I'm sure all the other twin Mum's to be also worry about these things. I have found that most hospitals give twin Mum's extra appointments and scans so they can double check all is ok. Hope that gives you some reassurance x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

csam

Star

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 12:44pm

Thanks Laura, I will be in touch soon. So be prepared for some of my random ramblings! Hope all is well with you all.

Hey Billie hun, thanks for your support. I'll PM you soon.

Thanks Jodie :smile:

Thanks for your reply Ros,Congrats to you too! I guess my feelings are normal. I just need to make sure they don't run away with me!

Have you seen a consultant yet? Think I saw one at about 23 weeks with my first PG (will have to check my old diary), I think that will help, as hopefully he'll be able to answer some of my concerns, reassure me and give me an idea of how regular I will be monitored etc!

xxxxx

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 3:49pm

Hi Csam,
Many congratulations!
Does your little girl know yet? I'm sure she must be very excited!!!
I think all twin mamas worry about babies coming early because about half of twins do. But the good things about this are:
- Doctors are well aware of this, and you will get a scan and to see a consultant every 4 weeks after your 20 week scan
- Twins that come early tend to do better than singletons that come early. They think that this is because twins simply run out of space, rather than being born early because of problems with the placenta etc.

Congratulations again,
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

csam

Star

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 5:38pm

Hi Mavis

Thanks for your reply, congrats on your 2 little girls, aww little girls are lovely :D

My DD doesn't know yet, she just turned 2 last month so I don't think she'd understand v much. The way she crams her baby doll head first in it's pushchair, I think she needs parent craft classes before she can touch the babies :snigger:

That's useful to know that Twins do better if they come early, guess they need to be quite hardy when sharing such a small space!

I thought of something positive,though not entirely related come to think of it!

At birth I weighed 6,2oz, my brother(the oldest child) 5,5oz and my sister (youngest child)was 3lb, she was 10 weeks early though and I think that was a really good weight considering. So, thinking about my mum's PG,I know she didn't have twins but I'm encouraged by the weights.

My DD was 5,8oz so reckon I've got a bit more stretching room this time!

Sorry, rambling now :O

Thanks again for your reply, it helps to hear from people.

xxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE