You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Rosebud" started this thread

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 10:51am

How hard should bump be and still low down kicks?

Hi all

I know this sounds a stupid question but how hard should your bump be? I know it can depend on the persons shape, I am naturally quite petite and seem to be all baby. My bump generally feels quite hard, but it does feel softer when I lay down (apart from when LO sticks his bum out lol)

I have read about low amniotic fluid and I think I have scared myself!

Also I seem to still be getting nearly all the movment below my tummy button, LO was really wriggling around last night and I could actually see by tum moving about all over the place, but all lower down? I am 26 weeks now, should he not be moving further up?

Probably being paranoid but would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same?

Kel xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:16am

:happy:
Hi, my bump is also very hard if that is any help!
i feel alot of movement below navel, but also above (but i am having twins) when i listen to their heartbeats at night,i have to use the doppler right low down before anything is picked up x
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 11:51am

I think that these two things - belly feeling hard and where the kicks are - depend the most on the position of the baby. I can pretty much tell what position my baby is in from where the 'hard' bits on my bump are and where I feel the kicks. Sometimes kicks are all down teh bottom, sometimes they are all higher up. Sometimes my belly is soft on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes at the bottom, sometimes at the top. And, yes, it does seem to change if I lie down :D

At 26 weeks the baby has still got many many weeks to move around from top to bottom - mine is still doing this now at 32 weeks even though I know there must be less space now.

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. Please try to stop thinking the worst Rosebud - everything so far has been fine and there is no reason to suspect that it won't continue that way.
xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 2:57pm

I agree with Jensqui, it all sounds perfectly normal to me.

I was another one that little with a belly that was, in the words of a midwife 'all baby'. Having a neat bump full of baby is a good thing, having a bigger, softer belly wouldn't be seen as better in any way, shape or form. Your amniotic fluid levels will have been checked at your last scan and there's no reason to think that there's a problem there.

Your low down kicks also sound fine. Yes your uterus will grow upwards under your ribs but the movements will stay low down and probably feel even lower as you get to full term and your baby is bigger and is bouncing up and down on your bladder.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 5:49pm

I agree with what's already been said sounds normal to me.

My bump consistency varies with how baby is lying and what position I'm in it's usually fairly firm but now has hard lumps in it which are his bum and shoulders (head is inside my pelvic cradle so it's very hard to feel).

My baby used to always give me movement below my belly button or within my pelvis until I got to about 30 weeks when he suddenly stuck a foot up above the line of my belly button and decided kicking my stomach was far more fun, since then I get movement everywhere but a lot of it is still concentrated towards the lower end of my belly.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE