You are not logged in.

Unread posts

foxy

• "foxy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 28th 2006

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 3:40pm

Lovely hair loss anyone?

Hi,
Me hair keeps on coming out - blimey it won't stop it's getting up my bum too (find it everywhere.) I'm not too worried (yet) as I have lots of it but it's really wild, so I have started to dry it naturally and have bought a new hair dryer that has ion things in it to soften hair.

This happened last October after my last ectopic, it did stop but this is worse so I wondered has anyone found anything helpful to calm it down. It's a bit difficult for me to think of anything (or hairdressers) the midwife has told me to stop taking folic acid - still taking them now, I also wondered can you continue with this as it's got vitamins added too with pills?

I know my hormones won't help but will my hair loss stop soon?
(14 weeks preg.)

Foxy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 4:01pm

RE: Lovely hair loss anyone?

Hi Foxy

I can't really help you with this one as my hair has a mind of it's own anyway. The only way I can controll it is to go to the hairdresser. I always have to leave mine to dry naturally cause if I use a hairdryer, it turns into a nightmare mess, even my ghd hair irons don't do the job properly.

they say hair loss can go one way or the other, mine is very fine and falls out lots anyway, I have found that in the last few weeks it seems to have slowed down, so I'm hoping I will be 'normal' during pregnancy. It could all change in a few weeks, it could slow down for you whenyou have loads of extra blood circulating your body, this is when your supposed to 'bloom' I hope it stops soon for you. I have loads of spots, hoping they will disappear too!

xxx
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

foxy

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 5:13pm

RE: Lovely hair loss anyone?

Hi Lisa,
I thought I would get spots but the hairloss I suppose will be just as bad, better to have one then both together I think. I will look out for changes in a couple of weeks hopefully things will calm down a bit. Do you have trouble sleeping, my mind is so active I can't sleep for ages and keep waking up - needing to wee more again. I'm off to bed tonight hopefully well before 10, hope this will help.

Foxy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 5:51pm

Hi Foxy,

I'm having a nightmare with the hair loss too. I'm amazed i've got a single hair left on my head now. My hairdresser said its really common but should pass the further on my pregnancy gets.

I've also been suffering with some REALLY REALLY bad spots. I feel like i'm fifteen again. My face is a mess and got it quite bad on my chest and back too. The pill i previously took was Dianette which is prescribed for people with acne and i'm missing the effect it has. Cant wait to go back on it again! It really flared up when i came off the pill but had kind of settled down a bit but since i've became pg its getting worse everyday.

So just now i'm going bald, have horrendous skin and just look fat not really pregnant yet. Most attractive! ;(
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 6:21pm

During pregnancy, an increased number of hairs go into the resting phase, which is part of the normal hair loss cycle. This condition is not serious enough to cause bald spots or permanent hair loss, and should begin to diminish within 3-4 months after delivery. If you feel that you are experiencing unusual hair loss while you are pregnant, this may be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

just foundd this, it doesnt go into too much depth but i hope it helps put your mind at rest a little, love kerry xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, August 22nd 2006, 6:23pm

and this..........

Recommendations for Your Hair During Pregnancy and After Delivery:
There are a number of things that you might do to have healthier hair and/or reduce hair loss during pregnancy and after delivery:

Consult with your health care provider to ensure a proper balance of hormones
Avoid pigtails, cornrows, hair weaves, braids and tight hair rollers which can pull and stress your hair
Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables, which contain flavonoids and antioxidants that may provide protection for the hair follicles and encourage hair growth
Use shampoos and conditioners that contain biotin and silica
Hair is fragile when it is wet, so be gentle; avoid fine tooth combs
If you need to use blow dryers and other heated hair instruments, try to use the cool setting
Supplement your diet with the following nutrients:
Vitamin B complex (Catergory A)
Biotin (Possibly safe; orally and appropriately)
Vitamin C (Catergory A)
Vitamin E ( Likely safe if amount does not exceed the RDA; possibly safe if it does)
Zinc (Likely safe when used orally and appropriately; likely unsafe when used orally in high doses)

xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

MrsG

Reg: Dec 22nd 2005

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 9:28am

normally you loose 1000 hairs a day anyway and normally you wouldnt notice, ( i studied hair and beauty at college).
they say your homones change whilst pg and you do loose more hair, but you will find that your hair will go back to normal after birth, so i really wouldnt worry too much hun.
vitamin b6 is good for hair and nails so might be worth looking into.

:Dttc 3yrs 1 months
1st ivf abbandond Aug 20052nd Ivf E/r 12the dec 05 E/t 14th dec 05
af arrived on31/12 and tested negative..
3rd ivf E/c 31st may E/t 02.06 testing 19th
OMG got a BFP on 19th june at 4.30am

foxy

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 3:17pm

Thanks for advise I will look in to vitamins, I always wear my hear up so will look for other ways to get this of my face and not to increase hair loss any further. My poor friend had thin hair before she was preg and I asked her if she lost any hair during preg and she did. It is also coming out again after she had the baby too - what a nightmare us ladies have to go through but its worth it I feel.

Murphsmurf - blimey you have got it worse with your skin aswell, I had spots as a teenager and coming off the pill made a huge difference to my skin it took me 3 years to calm it down again. So far spots have stayed away so I'm hoping it will stay like this - please! A trip to the hairdresssers did chear me up a month ago it tidied my witch hair up. Only advise I can remember that did help with my spots when I came off the pill was not to touch your face (its a habit,) I also started washing it at work it became really oily, also drink plenty water. Eating healthy -boring as it is did clear it up a bit and one other stay away from caffeine.

Foxy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MrsG

Reg: Dec 22nd 2005

Thursday, August 24th 2006, 6:30am

its your hormones hun, mine hasnt started yet but im fully expecting it..
and yes try to wear your hair down less tension means less hair loss hun

xxx

:Dttc 3yrs 1 months
1st ivf abbandond Aug 20052nd Ivf E/r 12the dec 05 E/t 14th dec 05
af arrived on31/12 and tested negative..
3rd ivf E/c 31st may E/t 02.06 testing 19th
OMG got a BFP on 19th june at 4.30am

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Saturday, August 26th 2006, 6:33am

Hi Girls

3rd tri and STILL losing hair and now have spots (havent really suffered on the spot front (EVER)

FOrtunately I do have a lot of hair so its not noticeable...but whereas before I used to have my hair thinned by my hairdressser...now there is no need at all!!! Itsalso gone really frizzy and unmanageable....deep joy

Im assured it will stop!!!

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Saturday, August 26th 2006, 10:18am

Sorry, to moan, but my hair has become really thick,long and shinny!!!

It did this last time only to fall out in big clumps after about 3 months, then it was thin and dry again!! So maybe you ladies will have lovely hair after the birth!!

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE