You are not logged in.


Unread posts

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 92.

Monday, July 28th 2008, 6:42am

Author: Herts Hopeful

moses basket covers

I know, things seem to vary so much. Do you know what the make is? Then you should be able to guarantee that it will fit. When getting a new mattress for ours, I took the old mattress with me to the shop. It still wasn't a perfect fit, but its ok. As for the sheets - they seem to vary in size enormously - But I'm figuring that provided they aren't completely outrageous, I'll just tuck it all under the mattress and squash it down. I guess the baby will only be in there for a few months anyway and...

Friday, July 25th 2008, 2:51pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

TENS Machine and Heart Problems - Advice Please

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not under the care of a cardiologist - which shows you just how mild the SVT is. If I can't find anything difinitive I will probably err on the side of caution.

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:40pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

TENS Machine and Heart Problems - Advice Please

Hi all, I'm just looking for a bit of advice as my midwife didn't have an answer to my question. I have SVT - Supraventricular Taccycardia. Which is a mild heart problem, some of you may recognise it as what Tony Blair had - he had the surgery to correct it. I rarely get any symptoms - maybe once a year, and am on no medication or treatment for it. If you are interested - it is heart Arythmia which causes the heart to beat extremely fast - 150+ beats per minutes. The epsiodes usually last about ...

Monday, July 7th 2008, 12:40pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

waters breaking??? They're on their way!! Check birth announcements!!

Well.... that certainly is something to get the heart racing! Hopefully all has calmed down now. Take care, and rest up!

Monday, July 7th 2008, 12:38pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

GBS

That's really useful Rivka, thanks. The numbers do help to put it in perspective. I think that the important thing is to be aware of what the risks are (however low), and then at least we can make our own choices. I'm all for knowledge and choice in these situations. Having read the statistics, I'm now in two minds of whether to bother with the private swab. The main danger appears to be if the baby is premature - so i guess if i do go into labour before 36 weeks - the thing to do is ask for ant...

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 3:20pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

GESTONE QUESTIONS

I think we had 100mg per day so sounds about the same. But great if the GP is prescribing it for you. I'm keeping everything crossed for your scan on Friday.

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 8:53am

Author: Herts Hopeful

4d scan pictures

Really gorgeous - that is amazing!

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 8:51am

Author: Herts Hopeful

GBS

Just to keep this thread going a bit longer. i agree that the most shocking thing is that women aren't routinely tested for it. It is so simple to test for and so simple to prevent any problems. i was tested right at the start of my pregnancy (by my clinic), and the results came back negative. But it was way too early, and now I've found out that my PCT won't do it later on to check whether I have it closer to the birth, which is the crucial time. I'm intending to get a private kit, and ask my m...

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 8:43am

Author: Herts Hopeful

been hospitalised due to poorly twin

Brilliant news Elmo - I'm glad to see that they are getting used to doing what they are told from an early age. Keep 'em cooking!

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 12:53pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

Dental injection whilst pregnant

Sorry Olo - i have no idea. I'm sure they should know - if you tell them you are pregnant. Otherwise, is it worth a quick call to the Midwife before you go? Hopefully someone else on here will know. Hope it doesn't hurt too much! Ouch

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 9:59am

Author: Herts Hopeful

been hospitalised due to poorly twin

Just seen this, but am glad to see that things are improved, according to these latest tests. It must be nice to be home. Take lots of good care of yourself and the bubbas.

Monday, June 23rd 2008, 9:44am

Author: Herts Hopeful

GESTONE QUESTIONS

Just wrote a long post and it got deleted! We used Gestone in our last FET cycle - which was successful. I was on for about 8 weeks in the end - which was a bit of a pain (both literally and figuratively), but totally worth if for the outcome. We tried warming and ice and pinching the skin, but found it made little difference to the experience, so we gave it all up in the end and just went for it. We did a lot of dodging round of injection sites - butt and thigh - as i found that the bruises sta...

Monday, June 16th 2008, 9:27am

Author: Herts Hopeful

Who's due next??

Hi. Now I'm in the third trimester - i guess you can add me in too. Not for a while yet - but counting the days. 20th August

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 3:54pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

Elmo update!

Hi Elmo - nice to hear from you, esp as its a bit quiet on the 3rd tri board. I hope you manage to enjoy the quiet time of the next few weeks before the girls arrive and the mayhem begins. All my friends have been telling me to read lots, watch loads of films, get lots of sleep and go out to dinner with Dh. Only a month to go before i start my Maternity leave. i can't believe its going so quickly. Take care

Friday, June 6th 2008, 1:25pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

Induction Stress

Hi Charlie I'm really sorry that things aren't going the way that you hoped. There are the usual ideas for getting things moving, but I'm sure you know them all (raspberry leaf tea, hot curry, walk up a steep hill, sex?). Have you thought about either a reflexology session or accupuncture. Don't know if you could get in anywhere before the weekend. But i have heard that it could help to get things moving. It's so frustrating when it doesn't go how you wanted it to. Have your hospital been unders...

Friday, June 6th 2008, 1:25pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

INDUCTION QUESTIONS & CHAT

Hi Charlie I'm really sorry that things aren't going the way that you hoped. There are the usual ideas for getting things moving, but I'm sure you know them all (raspberry leaf tea, hot curry, walk up a steep hill, sex?). Have you thought about either a reflexology session or accupuncture. Don't know if you could get in anywhere before the weekend. But i have heard that it could help to get things moving. It's so frustrating when it doesn't go how you wanted it to. Have your hospital been unders...

Friday, May 2nd 2008, 9:24am

Author: Herts Hopeful

** SCANS - QUESTIONS AND CHAT **

Good Luck today Mayo - my DH is exactly the same in the morning - anything important and I usually send him a text a bit later on to remind him. Really hope that all is well.

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 12:33pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

Some advice please regarding bleeding

Really glad the the bleeding has more or less finished. Take care, and get lots of rest!

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 3:08pm

Author: Herts Hopeful

Just for fun! Gender Guesser!!

77% chance of having a girl 23% chance of having a boy. Not bad. I'll be interested to see if it comes out right.




FERTILITYZONE



MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE